Why did it seem like Bulma and Goku were being set up as a couple in the original Dragon Ball...

Why did it seem like Bulma and Goku were being set up as a couple in the original Dragon Ball, but nothing ever came about it?

They were set up as friends. Friends usually don't get sexual attracted to each other.

Platonic relationships are a meme, user. They either end badly or end sexually.

>Why did it seem like Bulma and Goku were being set up as a couple

Really? Because with how short Goku was, she always appeared to be like 10 years older than him

Pictured: Someone proving once again that Sup Forums knows fuck all about relationships, platonic or otherwise.

>that scene when Bulma saw Goku as a young adult and she was wanting his Dick

Poor Yamcha even then she has wanted the Saiyan dick.

lmao never change Sup Forums

>Platonic relationships are a meme

They were never set up to be a couple, really. Bulma just made a few remarks about how handsome Goku had become at the 23rd Budokai but other than that there really wasn't anything romantic between them.

Vegeta and Bulma are a much better couple anyway

they were more like brother and sister, the newer dragon ball z episodes totally lack this dynamic

>Really? Because with how short Goku was, she always appeared to be like 10 years older than him

Wait. How old was she? I thought she was 10+ years older than him.

She is 4 years older than him. IIRC at the beginning of DB, Goku is 12 and Bulma is 16

>this thread again
you are an idiot. No one believes you legitimately thought they tried to ship those two.
in the original dragon ball you have Goku not even knowing what a girl is, with Bulma looking for boyfriend and yamucha very quickly being smitten with her.
So as if the fact that A) it's a trope that the girl who instigates the adventure in a shonen isn't the romantic interest wasn't enough, you had B) the fact that Bulma very quickly showed interest in other men while Goku was oblivious, and C) CHICHI WAS INTRODUCED IN THE FUCKING ELEVENTH CHAPTER.
It didn't even make it 3 months before establishing Goku's OTP extremely clearly.

I don't think they were, but they may be because I watched it after Z

I guess you've never had a friend of the opposite sex.

Goku didn't know how to count properly, so when she asked him how old he was he gave a bad answer.

You seem to be confusing Toriyama for someone who writes for "foreshadowing" and "future romance"

Newsflash: He does not

except Krillin and 18.

>that scene where Bulma and Chichi were talking about swapping husbands
>Yamcha throws it out there that he's still single
>they both tell him that they want an even exchange, not a downgrade

More like except Gohan and Videl.

18 just kissed Krillin on the cheek which made him waifu her so badly that he wasn't willing to kill her temporarily to save the world and then they hook up offscreen.

Oolong telling it how it is

Because this little gay boi didn't want to pilot the fucking giant robot.

He has a point, though. A platonic relationship is basically a meme if it's between a guy and a girl.

I have had a female friend since middle school and we became friend with benefits after she teased me with her brand new yoga pants.

women want you to make the first move or you get zoned forever, faggot.

jesus, how tall is Videl?

It's Bulma. She fucks everything with a pulse atleast once.

According to the DB Wiki 157cm/5'2

>lmao

>>>/out