Was this the best antagonist in anime history?

Was this the best antagonist in anime history?

>antagonist

Squealer literally did nothing wrong.

I didn't say villain. He was the antagonist from the protagonist's point of view.

Well antagonist just means someone who opposes the protagonist, so he can still fight for justice and be the antagonist.

Yes.

How the hell did this anime get overlooked but complete garbage like Sword Art Online got tons of funding and attention?

I don't understand this world.

>mfw listening to the ED right now
So good.

You really think there's any group more vocal than retarded teens?

So who did Saki really love the most? Shun, Satoru, or Maria?

Holy shit I thought that was a Watchog at first.

I think Maria.

That entire culture where they lived was fucked up.
They were literally engineered to love each other so that the stress wouldn't get to them.
It's literally the depiction of why being in love, even if it's mutual, isn't necessarily a good thing.

He was the best character in the history of anime.

He was the most human character in the show.

No, seriously.

Bonobos need not apply.

That's not Benten.

>He was the most human character in the show.
This

I don't blame him for going against that society of retarded human nazi, but to that end he also killed and betrayed several of his own kind.

This was ultimately his own downfall because if he played nice with his fellow bakenezumi then Kiromaru wouldn't have sided with his enemies and then nothing could have stopped his "demon" pet.

Wouldn't have worked. Kiromaru wouldn't have done anything if there had even been the chance that it could have failed. He flat-out explains that in episode 23.

I loved the show but she was annoying.