A lot of people shit on Okada Mari, but why is that exactly...

A lot of people shit on Okada Mari, but why is that exactly? Can't you folks understand that the writer is hardly ever given complete freedom of shaping the story? Studio execs and other big guys may scrap any idea and plot point they don't like, often as the show is airing. This routinely happens to Gundam, for example.

Admit it, you just need a scapegoat for all your grievances.

Her name is advertised on the product and the product is shit.

It's not about the plot. It's about the dialogue and interactions which are her fault and not the studio execs. Her characters act and talk like aliens.

Pretty much this, just look at the most recent examples (IBO, memeyoiga and kiznaiver)

I mean they were chosen because they're a bunch of weirdos who can't into normal human social interaction.

I like her. She's exceptional at making characters feel real even if her scripts get shat on a lot.

Not true in Mayoiga. The characters act and talk like human retards. Which is as accurate to real life as anime can get.

Mayoiga is one of my favorite shows this season, Kiznaiver pisses me off more with every episode

We don't.

Because she is one of two popular scriptwriters of anime that shitposters know.

Where are these images from? I've seen a few and tried searching it up with google, saucenao and even scrolled through the whole of the official twitter page but still couldn't find a trace of it?

>This routinely happens to Gundam, for example.
Someone apparently read up on her original plans for IBO and honestly it sounded way better.

Apparently the director basically said that he had no idea what to do with the whole Child Soldier premise and demanded rewrites.

You see user, we can measure the Okada factor by comparing shows she's done to similar shows with similar production constraints. She's done a lot of different genres at this point, so we can the elements of her writing style and separate that from what is requested by executives. Most people do this instinctively, because her style is in itself distinctive.

You paint this as a murky issue, but it really isn't. There's a spin to her work that can't be replicated by anybody else in exactly the same way. Whether or not you like her, you'd have to be blind and deaf to not recognize that fact.

The other one being Urobutcher?

Sup Forums

>Can't you folks understand that the writer is hardly ever given complete freedom of shaping the story? Studio execs and other big guys may scrap any idea and plot point they don't like

Yet there are other scriptwriters who still did better while undergo the exact same situation

She made a pretty shitty Gundam.

I can only think of a single work by her that was actually good, hanaironha.Her reputation is mostly due to the god awful deen fsn adaption, i shit you not she actually did it.

She suffers from SAO-ism, the first episode she presents a world full of adventure, by episode 3 - 4 adventure is replaced by cliched, stereotypical, and/or predictable sequences

There is something in how she resolves the story that irks me but I can't put into words

You can't have a good adaptation with the kind of source material F/SN is.

Fatefags are delusional user, they expect too much.

Okada only wrote some episodes of Deen's FSN TV anime. Her reputation has nothing to do with that.

I love Mari Okada

She's a name Sup Forums knows, same with urobuchi. So they blame her.

No shit.