Why are millennials poorer than previous generations?

Why are millennials poorer than previous generations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MN23lFKfpck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Serious question? Because there's a really long series of answers to that question.

Soe posters should be put into concentration camps and gassed.

Jews

Mexicans destroyed the underclass.

Despite what cuckservatives tell you, it's not the middle class that holds up a society, it's the underclasses not being fucking Mexicans.

The middle class creates debt but also jobs.

Faux science has been passed as real science with degrees and doctorate programs to support it. In a shocking twist, these educational accolades provide no value in a world that is constantly advocating for their existence.

In other words, they're soft and dumb.

Girl on the right probably ate the other girl's pussy.

Are you serious or a literal economic fucking retard?

>inflation
>job prospects
>no idea on what they want beyond a 9-5 job and their social life

Relentless Republican attacks on trade unions.

they think college = career
not to mention new iphone (an essential for living) is a months rent at least but they cant even afford that with their shitty part time job, but since they dont understand money they just get their parents to pay for them and argue that 'the system' is broken

Productivity gap for those who are useful...

Supply and demand for the worthless.

>previous generations hoard their wealth
>education becomes over priced indoctrination to Marxism
>factories and industry sent over seas to profit aforementioned wealth hoarders
>inflation skyrockets
>entry level jobs pay shit
>an entire generation dedicated to service industry for their forefathers through debt or lack of decent wages

Slavery doesn't always involve chains and whips.

A complete lack of understanding of compounding interest, interest rates in general, and living within ones means.

There are lots of reasons, but if I were to distill it down to one answer, it would be that since 1970, we have had a trade deficit. More money is leaving the US than coming in.

But what if you can't raise capital while living within one's means?

Having savings is fine but...

What happens if you get laid off and can't find work for the next 5 years?

>Boomers not moving out of their jobs

These fags won't allow anyone to advance so we can even get entry level jobs opening up for us. They just sit in their jobs not retiring hoarding their money and preventing new generations from taking the mantle.

>Everyone hates millenials

People hiring think we are worth nothing and underpay us all. They then question our work ethic and commitment to the business and fire us even though we are being paid half of what we should be getting and doing a better job than any boomer could do.

>Lack of options for millenials not going to college
You go learn some trade or you are 100% fucked. Learn some trade and you are 90% fucked unless you know someone willing to get you started and the same thing for college. There are simply not enough truly entry level jobs since they all require 2-10 years experience and no one wants to hire a fresh college grad unless you are from a super prestigious school.

Millenials see a 'normal' job as something not for them. It's about fun, not work.
Money is spent on fun stuff first, like phones, looking cool, etc. Work ethics are backward and priority with money is backward. Doesn't help them that the fun priority streches longer than prior generations, with this generation somehow deciding that working while in school is forbidden. Massive debt out of the gate. Maybe I'll get to pay it off for them. [Worked full time since 15, paid for college as I went]

Lazy fucks can't do anything with a gender studies degree. If every millennial majored in STEM, 90% of them would have jobs

Millennials only want trendy and clean college jobs. The only jobs that fit that description and are profitable are engineering, tech, business, medical. A lot of millennials in college are going into useless degrees and never making it past working at Starbucks and the like.

There are also less quality jobs due to automation and outsourcing.

If it takes 5 years to find a job, you made a bad choice for your field of expertise - and obviously didn't work very hard at becoming a valued expert. If your area has no demand for your profession, you're a tool to sit around and wait for it to come to you. Move. Please don't have children.

they did not find a baby boomer to give a firm handshake to

they were lied to and told they couldnt lose and that they were all special now look at them

If every millennial majored in STEM, 90% of them would be under/unemployed and art majors would be making six figures.

Trade off
While the current generation is generally considered poorer they indulge in high quality delights, technology and entertainment that only the very rich could afford in the past. The average American right now is living a so much better than an average american in the past.

>Why are millennials poorer than previous generations?
They refuse to get real jobs. They either work retail, starbucks or have a "real job"....except that the real job cost them $60k and 4 years, and they need an IPHONE and all that other bullshit, so they have no money, and it is certainly the fault of white man.

Because they're young and they haven't accrued lifetime wealth yet ya dummy.

It takes a young person a while to get used to working. It takes him longer to learn to appreciate his own hard work. Millennials delay everything. They delay work. They delay getting used to work. They delay everything, so they're poor.

Well it certainly doesnt help that people that work have to pay welfare of such a large proportion of the population that also has more kids that also live on welfare, i would say that.

are we talking white boy farm poor or black city poor? theres a huge difference.

are we talking college student poor or Appalachian people opiate addicted and poisoned water source from oil fracking poor?

are we talking mexican coming to america illegally poor or chinese republic poor?

>work less earn less
there are many complex situations happening all at once so we may never find out

Milk is for closers.

Because when the entire planet wants an American job, American labor is fucking worthless. Women flooded into the workforce, which drove wages down by half and so a single person can't really afford to live by themselves without a second person's income. That and millions of cunts from Mexico coming in and having 10 beanie babies a piece who work for less. Also there was the whole boomer bubble, they made their money and now are just holding it and living in the houses they bought. And the housing market is fucked, and housing prices has a lot of influence on personal wealth.

I mean there's a million factors at play here man.

What do you think about unpaid internship?

You could say that 90% of it is college student poor claiming to be black city poor

Because they, we, post in slide threads.

indeed.

blacks have it the worst. cant grow food, cant get clean water, cant do much without relying on governement. cant move out because real estate is a bitch that still devalues property.

so the only way is to sell drugs or play basketball.

>Hey pol, what have I got in my pocket? Just thought I'd start a completely open-ended, contextless, sourceless survey on what I have got in my pocket. Thoughts? What do you guys think?

Globalism.

>1 post by this ID
inb4 400+ replies

post by this ID
Why do people bitch about this? It gives me a different ID in every thread I post in.

they deserve it

You poor retarded newfag, can't even recognize a slide thread.

Sage btw.

I literally only respond to these threads cause the girl is cute.

I've been working at Walmart for the past 12 years, if that's any indication of things.

a viable avenue for many people, just as the apprentice of years gone by

>12 years

Are you the manager?

Come on, its the kikes. They are using their "jew-handlers" to siphon money from the economy so they can (((finance))) their child ritual killings every week in church. There are millions of children missing and millions of grieving families - why is the fbi ignoring it????

No promotions on overnights. Can't take the $3/hr paycut to go to days to have higher upper management viability.

Don't believe the corporate propaganda when you have people fresh out of business school be hired as management. Upward mobility my ass.

Her accent makes her sound like a retard though. Total boner killer.

economy sucks and boomers hoard $

>people fresh out of business school be hired as management.
I don't blame them when any rank and file I've dealt with shopping at Walmart is a mouth breathing retard or doesn't speak English. They could still be retarded, but I don't even waste my time trying to talk to them.

10 years experience required for entry level STEM job, no whites or men allowed.

>Don't believe the corporate propaganda when you have people fresh out of business school be hired as management. Upward mobility my ass.
I manage a store. It used to be all goyim customers. Now I'm convinced its all jew. They look white, but I'm sure they are pretending to be goyim, pretending to be nice. I bet they are all evils kikes out to kill children of my race.

wages aren't rising to meet inflation
less full time employment opportunities

This

>10 years experience required for entry level STEM job, no whites or men allowed.
Kikes control every good job in the country, and their not letting any white men have any of them. Good luck my friends.

Gee what could it be.

Damn that was concise.

THIS is a big part of it. Financial illiteracy.

Plenty lack the ambition to get a job where having financial literacy even matters though (need to have something left over to invest).

They aren't they just complain the loudest.

Gen x got just as fucked as them and you never hear from them.

>I mean there's a million factors at play here man.
Id say its just one factor - the kikes control everything.

yea bu a fucking florist deserves money
and so do tobacco farmers
crackhead

J E W S

>boomers hoard $
Yeah, and boomers get their medicare, while we get this government run obumacare shit.

What Boomers don't really get is that they screwed things up *so badly* that Millennials, on the whole, are the first generation in 150 years with significantly lower net wealth than the previous generation. That's more harm than either the Civil War or the Great Depression.

>>no idea on what they want beyond a 9-5 job and their social life
what else is there?

>What Boomers don't really get is that they screwed things up *so badly* that Millennials, on the whole, are the first generation in 150 years with significantly lower net wealth than the previous generation.
Do you think they literally took our money? Do we have a case against them that could go to the supreme court where we could get it back?

>Do you think they literally took our money? Do we have a case against them that could go to the supreme court where we could get it back?
It's an argument for a boomercide/boomercaust

>It's an argument for a boomercide/boomercaust
How would we divide their money? Dunno about you but I barely have enough to pay for food after the iphone and cable bill every month.

They are in the most part entitled, lazy, ignorant pieces of shit who need to learn fucking respect. The only ones who show even an ounce of promise are the autistic retards that sperg here.

>STEM meme again
I majored in STEM and it's been over a year since I've graduated with a 3.5 gpa and I still can't find a job.

They don't get jobs in high school and have no work ethic.

I work on my family's farm and we used to get tons of kids asking for summer jobs; and we'd hire a couple of them every year. Today no young person ever asks for a job. Their parents protect them from reality well into their late 20s.

Self-entitled**********

This is very true, if you're still in school, network like crazy, it's the only way around this. I was a hermit and I'm paying for it now and there's not much I can do about it.

>I majored in STEM and it's been over a year since I've graduated with a 3.5 gpa and I still can't find a job.
Bet you are a white male. But it's a Cohencidence, lol!!! We really know (((they))) only let jews in those jobs now. White males should _not_ be going to college - there's no point.

>5

Unpaid internships are excellent ways to learn, meet people actually working in your field, and get a foot in the door. It sure beats 'looking for a job for 5 years'.

This. Unequivocally. Reagan attacks trade unions. All politicians since attack trade unions. Democrats pay lip service for money and endorsement from unions. People now hate unions without being able to give three reasons why they hate them.

Because they waste their money on stupid shit like study loans, and their parents don't teach them to be financially responsible so their spending are usually on frivulous shit that they don't need, then they come crying when they don't have enough to pay their bills.

Nice rebuttal.

No he's rightish.

In all the rest the working class is being/has been replaced with foreigners, the money either goes directly to foreign nations (see China) or is sent back by foreign workers here. As such the middle class is often taking on massive debt as money that once would've gone directly to them is no longer around.

>This. Unequivocally. Reagan attacks trade unions.
No. (((unions))) - it seems to be that all they do is take union dues and send them to the local synagogues. Have you ever seen a union actually do anything? yet ever worker pays $10 a month to them.

Another fun fact about unions, there is no pay gap and discrimination in regards to salary. Everyone is paid the same wage for the same job. Private sector unions create a stable middle class.

youtu.be/MN23lFKfpck

BUY THE NEW IPHONE
BUY THE NEW IPHONE
BUY THE NEW IPHONE
BUY THE NEW IPHONE

They're poorer than Baby Boomers, the wealthiest generation.
>Mexicans destroyed the underclass.
>underclass
>destroyed
Does being retarded hurt? Like is it physically painful?

Lol. No most of the dues pay for officer salaries and political action funds and the utilities and upkeep.

What did you major in? I have a friend that got a mech engineering degree at 30, but he's fat as fuck, so that's why I figure he can't get a job. Old and fat, and no company want's that ticking insurance drain time bomb. I got a biochem degree and pretty much got a lab job right out of school (I'm pretty great at interviews). It was only $16/hr but I used that foot in the door to go somewhere else making 60k/yr.

Depends on the union, some were just fronts for criminal groups while mine is apathetic due to allowing public sector workers to shit up their ranks.

Still, strong unions are necessary.

>er net weal

Millenials are also the first generation addicted to the internet. So much so, they forgot how to communicate effectively (and barely at all). Until Millenials came along, "Work hard, play hard" was common sense. Now, it's just "Play hard".
Several anons here say employers think millenials are lazy. Why is that? Is there some conspiracy all us oldfags are in on? As a different user here mentioned, save your shekels here and there and discover the power of compounding interest. You really, really don't need that unlimited data plan and all of the in-game purchases. Stop being man-children. If this is Sup Forums, with all the whining and gibme-leaning attitude, I now understand how fucked the rest of the US is.

>Private sector unions create a stable middle class.
Yeah, of the juden. If i were gen z, I wouldn't go to college (basically 0 job prospects) and I wouldn't go to trade schools (jew unions will take _all_ ur money). Service industry is probably best choice - at least there the jews u run into are often crypto and will give you decent tips (they think a 15% tip will convince others they are not jews).

Mexicans took all the bottom of the barrel jobs, boomers have been clinging to their middle/upper tier jobs for years and they aren't fucking dead yet, also pretty soon social security is gonna go insane when the boomers start demanding it, outsourcing of jobs as well

>kids not being taught about money because their parents now are financially illiterate 80s drug abusers
>poor immigrants wrecking teen job oppurtunities
>wealthy foreign investors inflating housing prices
>the college jew in general
Many such reasons

Very true. Public sector unions are burdensome because the taxpayer foots the bill. The private sector should be the only one paying for unions. I wish my dues were $10 I pay $4000 a year in dues.

because they can just bring pedro and pajeet in to do your job for nothing and they know they can get away with it because any criticism or skepticism of the policy will be immediately denounced as LITERALLY NAZI!!

>Lol. No most of the dues pay for officer salaries and political action funds and the utilities and upkeep.
Bullshit, the temple in my town just got a new wing and I'm positive it came from my dads union dues.

Fuck you you fucking closet-nigger.

I've worked harder than your dick-devouring asshole has ever worked. Life is harder, there are no jobs, and we are flooded with immigrants who have ruined the job market.

It is all because of your 100% worthless white trash generation and the ones that came before it.

>economic troubles
everyone who is economically literate knows it's the BOOMERS
But the republican boomers love blaming the fucking Mexicans, kek, it's a fucking scapegoat for the fact that they destroyed our country