After disappearance, she literally disappeared from this world

>after disappearance, she literally disappeared from this world

Why you even live?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Blame Tanigawa, KyoAni, Kadokawa and Aya Hirano.

>mfw pondering all the things that conspired to halt Haruhi dead in its tracks

It's like god got jealous Haruhi was getting more popular than him and stepped in. Well, there was that Silver Link.. thing, that certainly was not S3. Really I consider E8 and the following eps to just be an expanded version of S1 anyway; we don't even really have a fucking real S2.

Also correcting, Satelight did Yuki-chan. I was cross-examining myself looking at that, thinking "weird, it should have been pretty ok with SL" and then realized.

If I recall S2 was announced as just a "rebroadcast" of the first season.

I remember that. I just gave up and ignored all haruhi related news after the "rebroadcast" thing hit, so when all of a sudden new episodes came out it was a huge suprise, at least for me anyway.

And then more than half of the "new season" was dedicated to Endless Eight. I still watched it weekly to see Haruhis bikini body

It was. Haruhi no Yuutsu, as it came to be called, literally picked up unannounced continuing from an S1 episode the week after, and Sup Forums went just utterly fucking berserk with hype. Some people immediately noticed the char designs somehow got K-on-ified but it was for many a somewhat minor quibble because hey more Haruhi.

Then E8 happened, and Sup Forums (and Japan) went berserk for a different reason.

Endless Eight was the most fun I ever had on Sup Forums. Everyone losing their shit around episode 4 was hilarious.
>IT'S GOING TO END NEXT WEEK RIGHT? THEY'RE NOT ACTUALLY GOING TO KEEP THIS UP FOR EIGHT EPISODES ARE THEY!?

It weirds me out to think that people talk about Endless Eight as some obscure event that happened once considering that anywhere remotely anime related had a meltdown over it.

That shit was STRAIGHT fucking hilarious.

I was there. I had given up on watching the new eps about halfway in and just picked it back up when it finally ended.

>Haruhi is a 10 year old anime
Where does time go?

>Watched Haruhi when I was 14
>The idea of being wisked away by a hyperactive schoolgirl to have fun adventures appealed to me immensly due to the age I was
>Fast forward 10 years
>Am now 24, a boring adult who seldom gets to have wacky shenanigans anymore
>Haruhi is still 16

Suffering.

>slider
what

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliders

>I'll never be 14 again playing Ragnarok Online with God Knows and some Ali Project songs looping in the background
Life isn't worth living anymore.

>muting RO music

Sasuga, idiot tripfag.

Welcome to the adult world user.

Enjoy your stay, because it gets worse.

>muting prontera's theme
You should kill yourself

>listening to boring xmas gook noise at toy factory
It's like you wanna go insane.

I was 18 and mostly preoccupied with WoW (sue me, it was vanilla and I was a daily raider; it didn't get better than that) but we had a little anime friendly corner of our guild chat. I was an officer and once dealt with someone's shit taste via /gkick. No regrets to this day.

Reminder that this happened

It's funny how in an era full of pandering shows to make fans buy shit, they'd think to make to one thing that would easily make them a forture.

The decision to greenlight it is far more complex than KyoAni staff going "you know what, we should make more Haruhi, that'll make big money" during lunch break.

Kadokawa has to greenlight it, and KyoAni has been in a spat with them in favor of adapting their own shitty LN properties they bought. Also Kadokawa would want there to be a new Haruhi anime to promote sales of the LNs, and there hasn't been a new Haruhi LN in a long ass time so there is no source material precedent. So,

a.) Tanigawa would have to pick the LN back up
b.) Kadokawa would need to decide if it's still relevant enough that there should be a new anime to promote it, and that KyoAni should still do it and not some other studio out of their disgruntlement
c.) KyoAni needs to get their heads out of their asses to adapt something they don't own IP on and isn't Gatoh-related (which is how/why Amagi happened, he's bros with them).

The thing that Kyon became in the movie.

>still relevant enough
Have someone make a subtle post of twitter or something and see how many responses they get. It's not like the it's hard to find out what audiences like these days.

Clearly we all just need to want it more.

Currently am downloading the spin-off.
Wish me luck Sup Forums
Also this shit is so great, it's like a Jun Maeda but done well.

I hope you like the shitty AU version of the alien, user.

>AU
nani?

you know, alternate universe

Don't drop it without watching episodes 10-13.

Kyoani isn't in a "spat" with Kadokawa, they make more money adapting their own properties than they do adapting Kadokawa's.

Oh shit I never got that. I just assumed the LNs introduced a slider at some point to fill out the roster.

She would've also effectively made him one if her efforts to create a new world weren't stopped by the kissu, since he was the one person that Haruhi wanted to take to the new world with her.
Also, that girl falls in love fast and hard. From 'guy who sits in front of me' to 'the only part of existence that I wouldn't change' inside a couple of weeks .

Teenagers yo.

If I could get through 5 episodes of ground-hog day I'm sure I can make it through anything

Actually their yearly revenue as a company was higher around the K-on years than anything since then. Yes, even Free.

Source? I can only find stats on this year.

Also Kyoani had a shitload more leverage on K-on then they did on any of their Kadokawa products so I don't really think it's relevant here.

even the minor characters have a good amount of figures
but aside from that have you seen how much shit they've slapped the k-on's faces on? it's like that one simpsons episode where krusty realizes hes a massive sell out

That is not a source.
Even if it's correct it's not relevant to the discussion, Kyoani had way more control over K-on than they did over their Kadokawa properties.

dude are you seriously trying to pretend that k-on wasn't their money maker

No, I'm arguing with an user saying that they should have stayed with Kadokawa. K-on obviously made a shitload of money.