Paris Agreement - is Trump really right?

Is Trump really right about not saving the world is the right thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

unfccc.int/files/essential_background/convention/application/pdf/english_paris_agreement.pdf
popsci.com/paris-climate-agreement
independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cop21-paris-deal-far-too-weak-to-prevent-devastating-climate-change-academics-warn-a6803096.html
archive.is/lnXmN
public.wsu.edu/~mreed/380American Consumption.htm
google.com/amp/s/www.ecowatch.com/these-5-countries-account-for-60-of-plastic-pollution-in-oceans-1882107531.amp.html
theguardian.com/environment/2015/dec/12/james-hansen-climate-change-paris-talks-fraud
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let me ask you this, when the fuck did it become Americas job to save everyone from themselves?

I say good fucking riddance. They're getting exactly what they want. "Less intervention" you got it buddy "But my climate cha-" Nah fuck off, you asked for this.

Paris agreement is about giving Shekels to certain companies and poor countries.

USA is 20 Trillion in the hole. We can't afford to shekel to other places. Also we are a big enough countries to make decisions on our own and our citizens are free to progress their own projects.

Paris agreement is just a money grab like most international operations.

Wouldn't hurt to start to know what Paris agreement even is, then come back.

>Let me ask you this, when the fuck did it become Americas job to save everyone from themselves?

I don't know, I didn't say it is America's job.

>Paris agreement is about giving Shekels to certain companies and poor countries.

Is it? You really believe the Paris agreement is about funds transferred to "certain" companies and "poor" countries?

The Paris accord won't save anything, just a wealth redistribution scheme. Come back with a better plan than "cripple yourself and gib monies to 3rd world with no oversight", then we'll talk.

>Wouldn't hurt to start to know what Paris agreement even is, then come back.

Yes, start to come back already. I know what it is.

unfccc.int/files/essential_background/convention/application/pdf/english_paris_agreement.pdf

27 pages - 3 of them are just front and back cover

>The Paris accord won't save anything, just a wealth redistribution scheme.

Thank you for the platitude. Care to back that statement up with any actual facts?

popsci.com/paris-climate-agreement

Then sum up what's Paris agreement's strong points and what are Trump's strong points and then we can have a thread where we can discuss something or tell you that you are wrong/right. Now we have nothing to work with.

How about you stop the niggers from breeding like rats and you get the third world to reduce their emissions to our level and then we might start giving a shit about the environment again.

If no one else gives a shit and makes excuses for the trash of this world then why the fuck should we care.

I'd rather this world burn than give all my money to some snake oil piece of shit.

Then why question it? Worry about the dindu's and sand nigs destroying your country before you worry about anyone else. useless shit.

Kek, now shills are mad he ain't pulling out.

Holy fucking shit, you're a gigantic fucking faggot.

Just a reminder, we lose jobs, trillions of dollars, and China doesn't do jack shit to contribute. Shit deal and sage

>alright everyone we have to give money to china and india because they promised that in 20 years they will start to reduce their emissions
>unless they decide not to because the deal is meaningless and they can leave at anytime

The entire thing is fucking retarded. ITS NOT FAIR TO STOP THEM BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T INDUSTRIALIZE AT THE SAME TIME AS EVERYONE ELSE is a fucking retarded argument.

Where do you think we are right now?

Developing countries have higher birthrates but developed countries are responsible for far more consumption.

That's not an argument.

In truth the situation is far more complex and subtle than you're making it out to be.

You need to fix yourself first, then countrt then worry about the rest of the world

>picture of money being siphoned from white countries to niggers
Yes

The atmosphere has no nationality; it's everyone's responsibility to keep Earth's biogeochemical cycles in a survivable condition.

Abdicating that responsibility because
>fuck niggers
is self-destructive and misses the point.

Macron said the nigger point was non negotiable. It was at this point trump realized it was a scam and pulled out.

>macron
Whoops, I meant Merkel

>when the fuck did it become Americas job to save everyone from themselves?

What are you talking about?

independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cop21-paris-deal-far-too-weak-to-prevent-devastating-climate-change-academics-warn-a6803096.html

Paris agreement is a garbage tier meme.

Here's the archive
archive.is/lnXmN

she is hot

I don't really care, it's not like the Paris agreement matters anyway, countries will always fuck around with the figures. Just encourage coal job creations in West Virginia and encourage clean energy job creations in California. They can coexist, and the most competitive will win

The way I see it our options are either genocide (expensive and no one wants to be responsible for it) or we help developing countries access non-polluting energy and material technologies. If we leave them to their own divices they'll build coal plants and the oceans will keep filling with plastic. We're all sharing the same atmosphere right now; the air you breathe was an African fart and vice-versa.

Developing countries have a higher birthrate but developed countries are responsible for far more consumption.

Yeah but when the other countries will use this for bureaucratic purposes, you know there's no point in joining, especially when ypu can't really help

Considering according to climate "scientists" we past the point of no return years ago the paris agreement wouldn't save shit. so whats the fucking point.

The Paris wealth redistribution scheme

Agreed but at the sale time is not like Tramp is doing jackshit about carbon dioxide emissions in the US so...

And fuck climate change desu, they should fucking do it to improve air quality.

You keep say all these things without a single source.

Non binding symbolic gesture without congress voting on it. That was the case when obama backed the proposal, and still is when trump rejected it. It's literally PR.

Prove that it will save the world.

Protip: you can't.

>Then sum up what's Paris agreement's strong points
Already done above. The agreement is literally all voluntary and the only true main point is in Article 4 and Article 2 which says that countries aim to limit the temperature increase by taking (unspecified) national measures. That is all, there is truly nothing else in it. Getting out of the Paris agreement is a completely political move by Trump without any true value, but undermine the push in America to be leaders in climate change tech.

Agreed.

What could save it though is getting rid of China, what are y'all waiting for Americans??

Nuke 'em!

>Non binding symbolic gesture without congress voting on it. That was the case when obama backed the proposal, and still is when trump rejected it. It's literally PR.

Exactly. But it is PR for a reason. The point of the Paris agreement is to tell the world "look, this country is evil for not holding true to its voluntary green energy goals" - it is like the UN when you have a non-binding resolution that condemns Israel. Nobody cares, not Israel, not America, not Russia, not China, you still have 5,000 such resolutions. The point is to say "Israel did something bad" and Israel, in order to avoid bad PR, then stops going out full on berserk mode in the West Bank and Gaza.

public.wsu.edu/~mreed/380American Consumption.htm
Americans constitute 5% of the world's population and consume 24% of the world's energy. This includes the energy needed to produce consumer goods.

It is. Just read the damn thing, its not even long

>Prove that it will save the world.

Prove that America is a country.

Protip: you can't

Name one situation ever, where people making a decision about the future had to prove the outcome of the decision before making it. Did anyone prove that the ocean hole was real before measures were taken to heal it?

>It is. Just read the damn thing, its not even long
I just posted it above in full and extractions from it. Can you point me to the passage where it says funds have to be transferred by America? Can you?

ozone hole

Can you answer this point here please ? The same thing Obama signed and which Teump later rejected are non-binding until the US congress representatives make it law, the US executive branch cannot actually enforce any of it. So while I understand the "bad PR" aspect, it's essentially meaningless histrionics. If people really cared about the Paris agreement beyond virtue signalling, why are not they pressuring the US congress instead of pretending the actual decision is in the president's hands?

still not addressing the key point. The treaty ought to come into effect in 2020. Why pressure the executive branch rather than the legislative body? What would have happened in 2020 if Trump had signed it? Why is no one talking about this and pretending its an executive decision?

>Paris agreement is a money grab

this

And these countries account for 60% of the worlds plastic pollution, yet I see no outrage or even attention.
>google.com/amp/s/www.ecowatch.com/these-5-countries-account-for-60-of-plastic-pollution-in-oceans-1882107531.amp.html

Sounds as toothless as shit the league of nations used to do. Seems like we will need another "serendipitous" world war to consolidate european power and put teeth behind all these things.

What's the argument here?

Its also about 'climate migrants'

bigger wheels are turning my friend
climate change is a vessel for sjw feelspolitics to invade economic and political institutions with irrationality

witness the
>99% of scientists agree with me
argument
it's completely absurd, if it's factual science, then quote it. if it's debatable then why do people so vehemently argue one way or another, could there be a motive beyond "save the polar bears"?

look into
>carbon credits
>solar flares
>the history of Earth's climate over millions of years
>methods of political control

Third option is that we just stop feeding them. Africa WILL NOT develop on its own. It will be back to environmentally-conscious mud huts in a single generation if white people stop shipping food and medicine in.

>being this retarded
If you're serious, then this is just sad, desu.

>Paris Agreement
>saving the world even with our shekels involved

>99% of scientists agree with me
when will this meme fucking die? Science isnt a vote!

And especially when even the most prominent climate change activist in the US calls the Paris agreement bullshit: theguardian.com/environment/2015/dec/12/james-hansen-climate-change-paris-talks-fraud

Of course now that someone in a position of great power has actually called it out as bullshit, the usual suspects are treating it as the most holy of religious documents, and slobbering morons like the OP are lapping the dogma up like good little cultists.

>My car has 1 flat tyre.
>Might as well deflate the rest and drive off a cliff.
>highIQ69dchess.

Reminder: Most of the signees don't have to do anything, and in fact get to pollute more.

There was no reason for all these third-world shitskin countries not to sign.

>Most of the signees don't have to do anything, and in fact get to pollute more.

Actually, it is ALL signees. The agreement is completely voluntary. It is all about shame, not legal enforcement.

>make up source
>print lies
>dead topic is now revived
>people remember outrage
>people now outraged about topic again

CNN has been using this tactic for a long time, i'm kinda surprised WSJ would try it. I guess at the end of the day they're all jews.

Humans can't stop global warming, the earth has been going through warming and cooling cycles for millions of years you dumb ape.

The major difference is we're doing it incredibly fast compared to previous cylces, nature can't adapt and keep up at this rate. This is due to human behaviour and changing it can have a meaningful impact. It beats just going fuck it and lalalalal I can't hear you.

>the sun is bigger than the Earth so there's just no way
Are Americans really this retarded?
Let's start over. The atmosphere is a mixture of gasses. Each gas has characteristic physical properties so they absorb certain colors of light and reflect others. The atmosphere absorbs and traps heat from incoming sunlight. Changing the atmospheric mixture effects how much heat enters and exits Earth.

The fact that the Sun is bigger than Earth "just kind of feels right" for your argument(?) but it's far more complex and subtle than that.

I accept your surrender.

we have 50 years of data about the climate but it's enough to join the paris agreement to send 100 billion to third world countries and (((companies))) that make over priced, shit quality green technology

Second picture, kraut

Go back to lusting after niggers on /o/, fucking wop.

>muh basic tier greenhouse effect explanation

come back when you know about precession, go look into what aerosols do to greenhouse gases, show me the Antarctic ice sheet melting, oh wait it's growing.
the sun is bigger than the Earth, it also spits volumes of radioactive goop at us from time to time
whatchu know about la nina?
whatchu know about millions of years of climate change?