Dragon Ball Super

>A Trunks and Goten episode has better animation than most of the show.
Good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-xis_kD7ALc
youtube.com/watch?v=H5XYz8eIcfg
youtube.com/watch?v=B-rZPRzwTPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So that purple gunk that turned into Vegeta is probably Black Goku, right? I hope it turns out to be Buu-related, I got major "Super Buu absorbing you from behind" vibes when it snuck up on Vegeta.

No, the episodes on right now are filler. The actual story for DBS starts in the Future Trunks arc in June.

Next week looks fun. Vegeta's eyebrow game on point.

Are we sure it's filler and not seeding things early? Then again, that may be too smart for Toriyama.

black goku

Toei themselves announced that June 12th would be the start of the new arc, so this is almost definitely filler.

Toei announced that episode 28 was the start of the Champa arc, and all the content from there on out was lead-in.

I think it's safe to say this stuff is all padding.

It was fun to see Goten and Trunks fighting a bit without Fusing immediatly.

But come on, they can go super saiyan. That gang wasn't a threat to them, even with Monaka hostage. These kids are really idiots sometimes.

I had never watched GT because fuck that, but as I am having fun with Super I decided to get on point, as there's always discussion on which one is worse, and as GT were only 64 episodes it's easy to marathon.

My thoughts so far:

I like GT art style more than super.

on all the rest, super is far better, also for now Baby seems an amusing bad guy, it it took way too long for him to get introduced.

Yeah, that's the general consensus among people who aren't edgelords - if Dragon Ball Super's plot was done by the staff of 90s Toei, it'd be a stellar sequel to Z. As it stands, GT and Super are like two halves to one whole, GT has the animation/production values and Super has the Toriyama.

>GT and Super are like two halves to one whole, GT has the animation/production values and Super has the Toriyama.

As I haven't finished GT yet I cannot say, but yeah, that way to put it feels absolutely correct.

>Baby
>dat frieza-like voice
>dat actually well done cell theme
>those fights

Baby was great.

GT had the production values, and it had good ideas just executed poorly. To this day I like Baby, and I like the concept of the Shadow Dragons (especially giving a downside to the over-reliance on the Dragon Balls as Z went on), but they were all handled poorly.

The Z warriors now all of the strength of an average human. No superpowers, ki energy, magic or alien-body-abilities. The fight is decided by conventional martial arts techniques alone. Who wins?

>super dragon ball shadow dragon

could even beerus or wish deal with something like that?

Why is Goten so based? Literally the best boy.

tao paipai

How is the BD/DVD doing?

Once you take ki, brute force and magic out of the equation, I'd say it'd be a toss-up between Roshi, Tien and Piccolo. Roshi and Tien are the most well-trained in conventional fighting techniques and Piccolo is always considered to be some kind of master strategist

>pss... nothing personal kid...

Still no animation corrections since episode 5. Episode 24 needed it the most, and it wasn't touched. I don't think we'll be seeing any more changes. 5 was only fixed up due to the overwhelming internet outrage.

Also, Soundtrack:

youtube.com/watch?v=-xis_kD7ALc

youtube.com/watch?v=H5XYz8eIcfg

youtube.com/watch?v=B-rZPRzwTPM

and more

>Still no animation corrections since episode 5. Episode 24 needed it the most, and it wasn't touched.
godammit TOEI

He's a Goku clone. But stronger at the same age and even more innocent.

thinking back to the Majin Vegeta v Goku fight, its obvious that they arent entirely reliant on brute strength just from pic related. Other than those two, Tien, Piccolo, and Krillin are the most technically skilled

By the way, How many episodes?

I was actually looking for a thread just to complain about this.

>Filler episode has better animation than most of the main arc

Alright Toei

what gave you the impression that this was a filler episode?

This, I like when we see Trunks and Goten fight. Shame we only see it for like 10 seconds and the next episode it's back to Gotenks

>This was a 100% Toei-done fight made in 1992, and it looked fucking fantastic.

What happened?

>If you don't like Super, you MUST be an edgelord

It has the production values of a potato salad and literally no talent working on it.

GT was shit, plotwise about as bad as Super, but fuck at least it had good music, art, animation and character design.

>misusing the word literally

worthless scum

No, I'm pretty sure I am not misusing it. I can't think of a single aspect that's come out of super that I'd describe as being done by skilled or talented people.

did anyone get a GT feeling watching this episode>?

this poster here, watched a few chapters more of GT.

Why the fuck the writers here, and in GT too, make gohan go SSJ?

why none of them remember the training/asspull he did with the old kaioshin?

>If you don't like Super, you MUST be an edgelord
You're a fucking retard, I wasn't calling Super haters edgelords, I was saying that about the recent wave of GT contrarians who always make threads about how good it is

GT and Super are both shit. But they both have elements of good in them

When Super was first announced I think they said about 100? I wouldn't be surprised if it goes beyond that though.

while i know people hate filler. i do to. i just felt this episode could have been a little slower. we had 4 episodes worth of content in one episode. i just wish there was 900 episodes of super already out for me to watch instead of waiting

Oh boy time for this discussion again.

He still could go Super Saiyan after that, they never said he couldn't.

He sure was better than Buu, but not as Frieza or Cell

time for a new thread to many spammers and trolls and gt trolls. im starting a new one

Nigger Buu was the best post-Piccolo villain.

is black goku a super saiyan 5? looks like a ssj3 but black hair and red pupils?

I think what he meant is why is he using it

>I was saying that about the recent wave of GT contrarians

Same difference. "Oh you don't agree with me, you must be an edgelord". Like GT was edgy, what a riot.
And "how good it is"? I've literally not seen anyone say GT is good in these threads: just better than Super. Both are really bad. GT certainly has good elements, as I already mentioned: art, animation, music, and debatably, character design.

What does super have? I don't really see the "good elements" you see, user. I guess I must be an edgelord.

yeah but it's retarded, he could be on the same powerlevel without hurting his body so much as going ssj does, according to kaioshin and wish.

is black goku like black hanekawa, a catboy?

Super Saiyan does not hurt their body, that's fucking stupid. They stayed like 6 months in that form with no ill effects. Stupid Super retcons.

Woah woah woah, why is he... black Goku?
Why don't you call him Goku, and call the other one... white Goku?

>Retard doesn't know what filler is
>Call other people dumb
Top kek retard

The point of staying in the form that long was to make it so it didn't hurt their body.

for me that fight was the absolute highlight of the series

Not once is any kind of strain or energy drain mentioned. Not once.

Goku decided to stay in the form to eliminate the heightened emotions that came with it, and to boost it. But EVEN if you were correct, the fact that they stayed in the form means they succeeded. So it no longer hurts their body, not that it ever did.

Stick to one thread faggots

No

It felt like a scene was missing. Everyone is tied up and then they're flying away from the bad guys who are suddenly purple. That was kinda shitty.

His real name is Souja Boy.