Finally got around to watching Rebellion. What exactly did Homura do wrong?

Finally got around to watching Rebellion. What exactly did Homura do wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/95nrrmmj9szz9iu/Majuu-06 ENG.xlsx?dl=0[/url]
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She wasn't as good as Mami.

>what exactly did Homura do wrong

Nothing. She made a happy ending for everyone and became queen of a universe.

Stop making everything a contest. It's possible to like all the characters and still have a favorite. I can like Mami the most, I don't have to shitpost about the others.

She betrayed Madoka's wish for the greater good and condemned herself to suffer for it.

Literally nothing, she fucked up QB, which makes her right.

Nothing.

the fact that the conversation around rebellion and homu's actions was reduced by Sup Forums she did nothing wrong vs she did everything wrong is very sad and speaks pretty badly of Sup Forumsnons. not that it isn't to be expected.

>She wasn't as headless as Mami

corrected that for you user.

Neither of them look into it at all.

Punishment isn't pleasurable. Except for the observer. I fapped several times to this.

I didn't like her trapping Madoka, but yeah, Kyuubei at the end was a nice consolation.

She did nothing wrong. Blame bad writing for making her become a devil and take Madoka's powers through "sheer force of will"

Can't wait for the incubator race togoextinct.

Fuck off cancer. How many of these threads are you going to make?

It was love.

What didn't she do wrong?

Nothing Madoka won't forgive her for later. But as long as she's burdened by guilt and self-hatred, she's a threat to herself and the stability of the universe

>Wraith Arc
Got it. The summaries I was getting and the pages made it seem like she was just giving into it. The atmosphere made it seem like Homura was falling for some type of seduction.

Nothing, virgins just like to have something to argue about because they get bored

Sayaka fag detected

Madoka is questioning why she chose to indulge Homura's masochism and Homura's questioning why Madoka isn't using the paddle.

Nothing. She made Kyubey her bitch and made it so everyone else can live happily ever after. At least until Madoka's god powers awaken then shit hits the fan.

>Sayaka: You’re really campaigning for Asshole of the Year, aren’t you?
>Homura: As defending champion, are you nervous?

Nothing, people are just dumb.

Is that even a punishment?

Not guilty: Kyouko
Abstention: Madoka

Rough/incomplete translation here:

[url]dropbox.com/s/95nrrmmj9szz9iu/Majuu-06 ENG.xlsx?dl=0[/url]

Note that the ending of the wraith kidnapping Homura is prompted by Homura's own request-- the wraith suggests Homura simply use memory manipulation on Kyoko and Mami so they can run away, but Homura asks the wraith to "free [her] from being a magical girl" and the wraith complies.

People will probably keep making Madoka threads until our sun explodes.

>Kyouko
>part of the cycle

>Post-post-Rebellion
>LoC isvoters would be all magical girls

Who else would vote not guilty?

I feel like these should be flipped.

Mami and Kyouko aren't dead. Not guilty is Madoka, Abstention is Sayaka.

>A coward who turned her back on her duty as magical girl

Is she asking it to kill her or fuck her? I guess we'll find out in two weeks.

>Debating doujinshi
Okay, let's get really autistic

I argue Madoka would abstain because it goes against popular opinion and her role as the LoC. Outside of pissing off Sayaka, she'd have no reason to vote guilty because her wish wasn't terribly different than what Homura was doing.

It's post-post-Rebellion, so I figured they'd be dead too.

I'd think Madoka would abstain because she can't come to a decision that would be compatibly with her role. Why would Sayaka abstain?

*Kyouko would have no reason

"this hurts me more than it hurts you homura"

Moving on is never an option when you're traumatized the extent that Homura was. Her only alternative was to accept defeat and die miserable.

I guess the whole premise of a court with a jury kind of throws a wrench in things. It's pretty much a forgone conclusion in canon that Madoka will unconditionally forgive Homura once she comes to an understanding, which translates to "not guilty" in the context of this doujin. That being said, your argument is valid and I can't really say anything else beyond what my perception is.

Yeah, it's a stupid discussion to begin with. I kean, this is her "punishment"

>''You made me wait forever! (super pissed)''

i dunno, i'm pretty sure the one got stranded waiting forever was homu while madoka was safe playing virgin mary (accepting better analogies...), technically miss goddess shouldn't be angry at all given the INCREDIBLE amount of bullshit homu took post-walpurgis (ch. wraith optional) and in the dreamworld.

then again, we are talking about a futa doujin so...

And here I was thinking that this wasn't an h-doujin. Shit, in that case, it seems like she'd vote guilty so she could dole out said punishment.

Nothing, since the character seen at the end of Rebellion is not actually Homura. They completely threw out her characterization and the preceding story to force an ending that would enable them to make a sequel more easily. If they had logically followed from what happened before and what Homura is like, the movie would have ended with Madoka and Homura fucking off to magical girl heaven.

But there's no use explaining this to anyone because most Madoka fans don't even understand such concepts as out of character, plot hole, consistency, tone and theme. They don't understand how fiction works on a basic level. It's very easy for Shaft & co. to piss in their eye and tell them it's raining.

Source

i do wonder tho, even if she decided to do that, how can you move on when your city is in ruins, and you are an orphan and the last survivor of it?

user, I don't think you understand. At that point, she hated QB about as much as she loved Madoka

I hope you all have this dumbshit filtered.

Madoka wait much longer than Homura, she is a concept, that means that Madoka existed since the beginning of the universe, or at least from the moment QB began to make contracts, which is the beginning of human history.

>She fixed Madoka's wish for the greater good and now shoulders some of the burden for Madoka.
Fixd

>bad writing for making her become a devil
How is that bad writing? After all those repeats and all of her own karmic destiny building up, and the fact that Madoka allowed her to continue to exist with her memories intact, surely there's reason enough to think Homura is special enough to do what she did?

Rewatch the flower field scene. You clearly missed something if you think this was at all out-of-character for Homura.

>Homura did nothing wrong
>Homura did everything wrong
>Madoka still loves her
>Madoka hates her

So what's going to happen when all this bullshit is settled with the new movie?

He's going to be at the New York MikuExpo, somebody should beat him up!

You can argue that she did improve Madoka's wish, but she still betrayed her in some form. Also she pretty much bears all of the burden for Madoka, at least for now, since Madoka is living a normal life.

>So what's going to happen when all this bullshit is settled with the new movie?
Seeing as rebellion was a deconstruction of Madoka's wish, the follow-up will be a deconstruction of what Homura did. I'd think it will end with her and Madoka teaming up against the Incubators, or perhaps entropy itself.

well, who had the brilliant idea of not only wish to become an eternal concept, but also leave her girlfriend back in earth with her memories intact when she easily could take her anyway?

>Homura did some wrong, some right
>Madoka still loves her
>Homura THINKS Madoka will hate her
>It's up to Homura to accept Madoka's love

Don't take the bait on number 3.

Anyone who isn't autistic knows she did somethings wrong and somethings right. She'll be redeemed.

>Madoka
>Hating anyone

Nobody actually believes Madoka hates her outside of militant MadoSaya shippers and HomuHater.

>You can argue that she did improve Madoka's wish, but she still betrayed her in some form.
I would argue the mere fact that she improved on Madoka's wish is evidence enough that she did not betray Madoka. I do not even think Madoka will feel as if Homura needs to be forgiven. She might even thank Homura for doing more to stop the Incubators.

>Also she pretty much bears all of the burden for Madoka, at least for now
Yes, they would both have to grow up as people. Homura can be considered much more matured due to re-living the timelines over-and-over, but it's a bit of a twisted maturity.

Madoka has to tell her outright desu. Homura's too broken to see Madoka's actions screaming "fuck me" in the concept movie

everything

>concept movie
wat

I think Madoka thanking her would essentially be a redo of the space hug. I'd rather them forgive each other for betraying each others wishes for so long and putting it behind them.

Lurk moar.

We can only get this once they both self-actualize.

>Lurk moar.
Well it must be a relatively NEW thing because I sure as shit haven't heard anything about it since Rebellion came out.

See, that's what I hope they try to portray. I would absolutely love it if Madoka not only recognizes and understands Homura's reasoning and feelings, but outright vindicates her by showing appreciation moreso than forgiveness. I don't think they're going to go that route, though.

You can argue for Madoka's maturity by her existence being eternal and having omniscience over magical girls, although she may not have a full understanding (as demonstrated in how Homura was inadvertently shafted by her wish). Homura has a twisted maturity, yes, but she's socially immature due to her problematic relationships.

Not just tell her outright, but actually convince her. Homura would probably freak out and listing off reasons why Madoka should hate her.

>Thank you for rape me and imprisoning me, Homura-chan!

Going on 7 months and bi-monthly updates in Kirara and New Type on the progress,

>Homura would list off reasons

As would Madoka in any sort of confession.

>Rape

Homura's only based on Chikane.

Mami is the central character and there is also a new lingerie line. She's referred to as a Guan Yu styled figure and will most likely play the role as a third power emerging.

>and there is also a new lingerie line
Now Mami can hold up your mammies!

>7 months
I must have missed the big reveal, as I've only been semi-absent from Sup Forums for maybe 4-5 months.

>Mami is the central character
>will most likely play the role as a third power emerging.
Not sure if trolling, but I am now imagining a new string of movies, with each of the girls borrowing a piece of Madoka's power to become a god and make the universe bend to their will.

I imagine Kyokos would be something like cloudy with a chance of meatballs. I'd watch it.

I've been on the fence since watching Rebellion. On the one hand, Homura obviously genuinely loves Madoka and everything she does is out of a desire to see her not-girlfriend happy. On the other hand, she's fucking crazy and is absolutely willing to fuck up literally everything for that end goal. She's a borderline psychopath in her pursuit of Madoka's safety and happiness. That girl would shoot a starving puppy between the eyes if she thought it might interfere. And what she does at the end probably constitutes abuse, since she's confining Madoka against her will. Her love is obsessive and unhealthy, however genuine it is. Her heart was more or less in the right place but she did so much wrong because it overflowed to the point where she ignored all else.

>Not sure if trolling, but I am now imagining a new string of movies, with each of the girls borrowing a piece of Madoka's power to become a god and make the universe bend to their will.

I'm not. And that's not really not a concern. Her character would have to play mediator if anything. She would fight for the "good" side, but would understand that Homura is a lonely, hurt child on the inside because that's what she is. Kyouko is going to be too busy doing shit with Sayaka and Madoka needs a power hitter to help her with Homura. Once she gets her god powers back, she has no reasn to fight Homura, so I dn't think we'll be seeing Madokami.

>borderline

Nothing. Until we see how the continuation unfolds we cannot possibly judge her actions

You're welcome to your opinions, but be aware it isn't shared by most of the fan base or the production team.

>That girl would shoot a starving puppy between the eyes if she thought it might interfere.

If this were true, she'd have killed Sayaka before she became meguca and she'd have killed her again in her new universe. She didn't.

My only counter to that is that killing Sayaka would have interfered with Madoka's happiness in and of itself, considering they're close friends. But HOLY SHIT REASONABLE DEBATE/RESPONSES ON THE INTERNET. I love you, man.

She probably didn't kill her because Madoka would have wished her back alive again and she probably kept her alive in the new universe to keep
Madoka from realizing anything was off.

>Mami pressuring the girls into contracts to quell her loneliness. Later shown to be horrifically unstable.
>Kyouko introduces herself by beating the ever loving shit out of Sayaka. Is atleast partially responsible for Sayaka's witchification
>Sayaka is a naive, blowhard hypocrite. Her attitude and inability to see past her narrow views literally got people killed.

What made you think any of these characters were good people?

She was explicitly willing to kill Sayaka in order to prevent Madoka from having to see her break down

>Mami pressuring the girls into contracts to quell her loneliness

Kyoko is as lonely as Mami and just doesn't want to admit it. Frankly, I feel her cynical feels pretty hard myself. She knows and understands that people are almost all shit, which is a gift. She actively pushes people away for fear of being hurt like she was by her own father.
Sayaka is a blowhard. And naive. But not totally sure about hypocrisy or narrow-mindedness.
As for Mami, you practically nailed it. But you have to keep in mind these are girls in junior high. Everyone is a self-centered dipshit at that age anyway. Throw in the kind of stress they're dealing with as magical girls and of course you get insanity. Bonus: QB probably picked them specifically because they were already prone to going totally loopy.

What else can you really say? Homu has issues, but Jesus, she a broken 14 year old girl. It's not like Madoka will hate her for it. I agree that she knows that would hurt Madoka, but Madoka dying hurts Madoka a lot more.

By killing Mami and Sayaka at the start of the loop in their sleep, Homura wouldn't have any problems. She's not evil. That's why she doesn't.

>Homura wouldn't have any problems
Aside from Madoka contracting to bring Sayaka back to life? It'd be pretty hard to convince her not to.

And Kyouko was wlling to kill her for the fun of it. Your point? Homura knew she would become a witch. It wasn't a break down, it was her witchification. She even offered her a grief seed first.

They're all pretty broken. By personal tragedy, the weight of responsibility, loneliness or simply the understanding that the world is an awful place full of awful people.

That's a nice head canon.

What

No because she probably already tried that only for Madoka to wish her best friend alive again. Why else would she try so hard to protect Sayaka during the series.

HOMO IS EVERYTHING WRONG

Keep in mind that when she was willing to kill Sayaka before, Sayaka was a lost cause and going to turn into a witch anyways. Had she actually succeeded, Kyoko wouldn't have died. Pragmatism. It was more like shooting a starving but violent dog with terminal rabies.

Good people can be pushed to do very wrong things when exposed to such massive degrees of trauma, especially since their brains are not developed fully.

You're using "what ifs" that were never mentioned in story. Madoka didn't revive Sayaka after seeing her killed by Kyouko. Why would she then?

Please don't be a giant faggot and ruin the adorable lesbians.

This is bullshit because Homura would never kill them because she isn't evil. She doesn't try it because she's not the psychopath you want to believe she is.

Exactly. Take child soldiers. Very similar situation. They're all suffering from PTSD. They've been abused and abandoned, they've killed and watched people die, and have great power and responsibility thrust upon them.

Reminder

She tried to make a contract to restore Sayaka to normal, but Homu repeatedly shot Kyubey preventing it. The reason she didn't make a contract to bring Sayaka back was she probably didn't believe it was possible to do it once she became a witch. IF Sayaka died while still human she might have given it a try. Or maybe not. who knows.

What? I was responding to a "what if", dipshit. That's how hypotheticals work. If Sayaka mysteriously dies, it's very plausible that Madoka would want to use her wish to bring her back.

>Madoka didn't revive Sayaka after seeing her killed by Kyouko
Uh, except she was literally in the middle of wishing Sayaka back from her downward spiral when Homura had to forcibly stop her. And after that, she finds out about the whole witch thing and she knows that any wish she makes will just make things worse.

>exposed to such massive degrees of trauma, especially since their brains are not developed fully.
I agree. I was pointing out that Homura's actions under duress are not any less upsetting than any of the other broken angels in this horror story.

Homura
>I'd commit the worst sins for one more chance, even if it turned me into a monster.