Where did we go wrong?

Where did we go wrong?

How did macross go from a decent mecha to an idol group?
Just watch ep1, they literally sang the robots to death, not even a fucking robot fight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wckZcVFLU24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How did macross go from a decent mecha to an idol group?

Do you remember love

The fuck is deculture

>Hasn't seen DYRL
>Hasn't seen Macross II
>Hasn't seen Macross 7
>Only watched Plus

Why are you such a massive fucking faggot holy shit op.

>sang the robots to death

Ok, I laughed more than I should.

The last macros I saw was the one with the motorcycles, what has happened sice then?

Before they sang as support, now they are uta wa magickuuuu and summon shit to fight.

>Hasn't listened to Basara's song
Get a load of this fag.

What is AKB0048?

>the one with the motorcycles

Macross and Robotech are not the same thing.

Robotech is a mishmash of three different anime which includes but is not limited to SDF Macross.

The anime you are probably thinking about is Mospeada. Pic related.

Shit, my bad. It was a Robotech, just don't remember which.

That anime looks good, I might check ot out.

>Fag hasn't seen 7

Please kill yourself

Did you only watch Plus and Zero, holy shit.

>Carl's ghost will never stop shitposting about Macross

Where did we go wrong?

How did macross go from a decent mecha to a rock group?
Just watch ep1, they literally sang the robots to retreat, not even a fucking robot fight.

This meme wasn't ever funny.

I think it was around episode 8 of SDF or something

I swear, in thirty years some faggot is going to be saying the same shit about whatever Macross installment Kawamori's putting out on his deathbed.

ITT: OP skips M7, then whines like these kinds of things in Macross are recent.

>this shitty bait thread again

Idols sell more than robots, anime was a mistake.

>implying Plus wasn't also about an idol singer

Do you remember love?
youtube.com/watch?v=wckZcVFLU24

dont bother man, nobody here is old enough to remember that old robotech intro, those times were everyone wanted to be rick motherfucking hunter, and the show was about badass space dogfights, now its another kawai ugu bullshit, of course the fucking underage fags will eat this crap happy because "muh waifus"

>I'm not alone anymore, because you are with me
This hurts more than it should.
Deculture.

The most painful of baits

Macross and Gundam still make shit loads off of their robo merch
>robotech
Not even worth reading the rest of this bait.

the fuck is deculture

Keep watching.

It's better than Frontier and it's about the Protoculture secrets.

GORUJASU and DERISHASU

Gundam models are literally a bigger market than the entire anime disc industry.

I've argued in the past that Robotech at least got one thing right: installing a critical secret on the SDF-1 that was mission critical for the Zentraedi to recover intact. This is a much more believable scenario as to why the Zentraedi didn't just blow up the ship (which wasn't that special otherwise) than some cultural-historical fear of tiny people (which still played a major role in Robotech).

More like he only watched Robotech when he was a kid.

>meanwhile in SDF Macross, peace was brought between Miclones, Zentradi and Metrans thanks to having a pop idol as a diplomat.

Otoko wa daremo LONELY SOLDIER BOY

>How did macross go from a decent mecha to an idol group?

Macross was never a decent mecha series. It has always been idolshit.

Plus and Zero are the closest Macross has ever come to a mech show. Since conception it's been an idol show with robots in it.

If you want Macross but with mechs first just watch Gundam Seed. Same shit just with hiraiface.

Inb4 Hirai makes character designs for a future Macross.

Reminder that Robotech is Macross taken and enhanced into its most perfect form through the genius and generosity of Carl Macek, a true visionary that saw Kawamori's failed potential and resurrected it from the dustbin of mediocrity it was destined to fall into.
t. Carl Macek, the Invid Flower of Life

SHAO PAI LONG

The Original series started out like an actual Mech Combat anime, and it continues like this for a while.

Then out of the Fucking Blue, Singing.
And it hasn't stopped since.

The issue was that the winning schtick to save humanity from obliteration at the hands of the immense Zentraedi military machine was their in-bred vulnerability to music. So that gimmick worked the one time against the one opponent and it wasn't egregious. The problem was that the Nips (specifically Kawamori) fixated on the gimmick and decided it was what make the series successful, not the transforming mecha-fighters or the giant space battleship or the drama of Mankind fighting for its species survival against a foe so powerful it defied logic. Kawamori clutched that gimmick so tightly that even zooming away from the planetary genocide angle and focusing on two pilots during flight trials for a new Veritech production model HAD to have music inserted into it and even become the focal point of the story.

The problem is Kawamori. The problem is music. Remove both and Macross could stand on its own, but he has no faith that it could and so he handicaps everything with idolshit. Macross is a joke, fit only for mockery, having played it old saw over and over again so many times now that the gimmick is stale and no one is surprised or amazed by it anymore.

You're missing one thing though, and that is that the idolshit really is what makes macross popular.

Please no. I hate Hirai face. Their nose is really ugly.

No, Kawamori, it wasn't. The transforming fighters and killing giant aliens with a battleship they could barely figure out how to make work was what made Macross popular. The idolshit was just what got pimped over and over again until everyone's perception is that Macross was only popular because of it, but this isn't a chicken-or-egg-first scenario. Macross was doing perfectly fine before Minmei ever picked up a microphone because missile madness > music.

The idol subplot and Hikaru becoming a soldier start at the same time