How accurately does anime depict affection between siblings? Does brother often hug his sister in Japan...

How accurately does anime depict affection between siblings? Does brother often hug his sister in Japan, or this just an anime thing? When was the last time that you hugged your sister?

My imouto hates me, but loves my younger brother. So I guess it's random.

>How accurately does anime depict affection between siblings?
If by affection you mean "I want oniichan's ochinchin" then it's not an accurate depiction at all, it's just fetish pandering.
>Does brother often hug his sister in Japan, or this just an anime thing?
I don't know about Japan, but where I live it's not uncommon or strange.
>When was the last time that you hugged your sister?
Probably 10 years ago or so, but that's because, even though we still live together, we strangely grew distant from each other

Were you emotionally neglected? It's a common thing to hug your family members. I hug my nee-chan everyday when we return from work.

The Westermarck effect applies there too.
Incest is the fantasy of the single child.

>I hug my nee-chan everyday
That's not fucking normal. Did you grow up together?

>That's not fucking normal
Not him, but why?

i put my hand over her shoulder or waist when taking pics. That's all the physical contact we get now that she's a self conscious teen.

he's obviously underaged b8.

Most anime aren't meant to accurately portray anything, whether it's school life or work life or home life.
Yesterday, we're close.

Pretty much hug my sister regularly. Nothing sexy though

My sister is 5 so pretty much hug all day.

Man, the incest ending for Oreimo came out of nowhere. I don't think anyone thought the author would actually go there.

No one thought they would take it that far, but you really can't say that it wasn't a possible outcome from the first episode.

I hated my sister so much that I moved out.

Imouto are the worst.

I still thought it was unlikely. The other girls were lovely. Kyo didn't seem to like Kirino that much, making an ending with the other girls more likely.

We're fairly indifferent towards each other. I cannot recall a time when we've genuinely hugged. I cannot say I hate my imouto, but she is not someone I hold in high regard.

What, seriously? In a series called my little sister can't be this cute?

It quickly became obvious he cared for her the most, his own tsundere nature aside. Are you bad with subtext and reading between the lines?

Alright reverse search aint doing shit, pls sauce me

To be fair, all the other girls would never have been a possibility if it weren't for Kirino. Except for Manami who got the least action out of all of them.

The title could have just been a hook. Besides, it's not like the title was "I am going to marry and French kiss my sister". It just implies that said sister is cute.

search part of the title on exhentai or wherever you dingus.

I'm Russian and never hugged family members. Handshake is normal for relatives and family though.

Not accurate at all, most of us who have siblings have a love hate bond with them, I rarely ever hug my big or little sister unless its for family occasions or something I have an incest fetish but my mind recoils at the idea of fucking my real sisters, but my female cousins are rare game.

I thought they had a suggestive relationship. I don't care for the series but anyone not open to the draw of the series being the end was deluding themselves.

Anime depicts brother-sister relations as accurately as it depicts anything else. Like fighting, magic, or highschool.

i did, nothin'

I hug my sister whenever I get to see her, which is remarkably less often than it should be

Fuck me never mind, i searched the file name, didnt realize the title was inside the page. Disregard everything.

In russia you need one hand free for the vodka

Good taste, who like old an busted anyway.

Recently finished watching Oreimo.
That ending hit me with a hammer.
I wanted 'em to marry eachother, and be a happy couple.
I think I'm going to flush down a 0,5 liter Smirnoff.
I don't hate the ending, nor do I love it.
But it killed me emotionally.
Why are last episodes the worst episodes always ?

Ok, so who in the thread is going to brush their sisters teeth right now.

Make sure you call it a challenge or something, like she isnt allowed to laugh.

They still are a happy couple, read the After Story. Also I don't have the pastebin that explains the ending, but you can look for it in the archives.

i dont hate my sister and she probably doesnt hate me but we arent close at all, and since i started living alone we are just acquaintances, i think i "love" any of my friends more than her

>The title literally means My little sister can't be this cute
>80% of the anime/novel is based upon her relationship with his brother
>She's obsessed with brother/sister incest eroge
>Multiple episodes teasing their relationship (fake boyfriend episode, wedding dress episode)
Yeah, you're right

Well, someone needs to keep the sister fucking tradition alive.

But I'm an only child OP.

;_;

She probably feels the same way about her weirdo older/younger brother.

what's it like having an imouto/onee-chan and having access to their pantsu? You might not be directly attracted to them but everyone is attracted to pantsu

Yahari has a nice enough doting sibling relationship in there I think, regardless of what the rest of the show is like.

Does Watamote have a realistic depiction of sibling relationship?

Nothing special.
My imouto sometimes forgets her used panties in the bathroom, but I never touched them.

Bretty gud. Used to borrow them and sniff them before I moved out.

I still have a pair.

Umaru is a surprisingly realistic portrayal of having a little sister.

I regularly got into fights with my younger brother

I guess that's sort of anime

Was anything about human relationships ever been described accurately in anime?
>Does brother often hug his sister in Japan, or this just an anime thing?
Don't know much about real japanese domestic life. I can recall a manga which in a father find it strange that gaijins hugs their children so often.
Last week. But hugging is pretty common in my country even between just acquaintance.

Very badly.

>hugging is pretty common in my country even between just acquaintance
Must be a really good country.

For pickpockets.

So if your wife births a son you just shake his hand and place him in a crib?

2nd world hellhole, but thanks for our leaders not for our common folks.

>Westermarck effect
Doesn't exist.

Buddy I'm not gonna judge you for having an incest fetish but there's no need to be retarded trying to justify it.

He is right though, the Westermark effect is pseudo scientific bullshit and not to be taken seriously.

My little sister was head over heels in love with me until I had to tell her that she's just confusing different types of love. Then she stopped speaking with me.

Then why do 99.99% of siblings not feel sexual attraction to eachother?

I have five sisters of varying ages older and younger than me. Never had any attraction, and I am a pervert.

>being a terribad oniichan
COMMIT SUDOKU!

>>How accurately does anime depict affection between siblings?

pretty badly actually, all that cutesty onii-chan shit isn't real and she has never called me by anything but my name

>>Does brother often hug his sister in Japan, or this just an anime thing?

Whenever i see her/she is leaving yeah, we are pretty close

>>When was the last time that you hugged your sister?

She came over to my place yesterday to help me shop for our mom and we went out for dinner, We hugged a few times

I don't have a sister but I'm pretty sure this is normal.

Apparently not perverted enough

nice quads

Doesn't matter, that effect has no scientific reasoning, it's just an observation/speculation. Look into any biology book, it gets shit on everywhere. We shouldn't get into this "debate" anyway, the thread is already bad enough with the blogging.

These threads are nothing but blogging in the first place.

Bro I already explained, I'm not judging you for having an incest fetish. I don't care in the slightest, you don't need to get all defensive and delusional trying to pretend it's totally realistic and everybody wants to fuck their sister.

I'm Russian as well and hugging was always normal in my family.

I haven't had a conversation with my younger sister beyond asking her to pass me the ketchup in 5 years and I live in the same house as her

I only see my imouto every second weekend, but I hug and headpat her every time I visit her. We get along well.

Me and my sister are pretty close, it's not like we fuck each other or anything but we did plenty of weird things, for example, we both took off our clothes and pissed on the carpet ( don't judge us, we were young)

There's still something that prevents people who grow up together from finding one another sexually appealing, and given how incest taboo exists and has existed (almost) everywhere, it's not something completely caused by society, (though this can have, and has, an influence)

My sister is a fussy little shit that will complain about almost anything and everything given the chance. She's also a hypocrite and will start trouble over the tiniest issues.

Real life a shit.

This, I haven't even touched mine for probably 6 or 7 years, irl sisters are garbage

>tfw anime is making me want something really badly that I know doesn't exist anyway

>incest taboo exists and has existed (almost) everywhere
That taboo has practical reasons behind it.

Yes, and?