Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo

So is this like most obscure anime ever?
I might have seen atleast 200 episodes on TV, but couldn't find more than a couple of them online.
It was a good anime with story and all.
Anyone knows where to find it?

Also obscure anime Thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=24244
youtube.com/watch?v=LcfMvvVZRtQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

same thing as sazae-san. not really obscure, but more like unrelated to western audience. The story of these shows are build like Simpsons, drama of the week type of archetype. Sometime comedy, some time slice of life stuffs.

I kinda like stories like this.
Sometimes they are really heart warming.
Hope I will be able to find a similar one like this. I will give try to sazae san. Thanks user

I'm a huge Kochikame fan. Used to watch the reruns on Animax japan when I had a stream.

I've captured the first season and have it on a drive somewhere-- but don't think it's anything more than what's already available.
Show doesn't really get good until the 2nd season anyway.

Why is it so good?
* Good 90's animation
* Actual jokes-- and actually funny ones
* Endlessly inventive plots
* A good sense of nostalgia for Shitamachi Tokyo.
* Japanese is usually simple enough to easily follow without subtitles.

posting best girl

>obscure
Now go open the dictionary and look up this word.

Kochikame is a good anime.
Maybe it is too localized for japanese lifestyle and era.

>long-running adaptation of one of the ten best-selling manga ever
>obscure
>not knowing where to find shit
>Kochikame having story
Lurk more.

dont watch sazae san. It's the worst of the of those type of series. You should just stick to crayon shinchan.

I recommend you read this
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=24244
it got a nice bitter sweet blue and slice of life in it.

episodic story is still consider a story.

The Simpsons has such good story, I love it.

>So is this like most obscure anime ever?
No, it's an adaptation of the 6th highest selling manga of all time. It isn't obscure at all, it just isn't very big outside of Japan

I have been searching for the episodes for years now.
I could only find some lowQ episodes with Indian dub.
Help please?

>Not posting Maria.

Fail

this user doesn't quite know what he's talking about.

The show is difficult to find. It's not available on DVD or Blue ray, and only some VHS best of tapes were made available.

That doesn't change anything - discovering that is very simple, he shouldn't need to ask us.

Is there any particular reason why they don't rerelease this stuff on disc? Lack of demand?

No.

Being a normie, i have limited resources like google
And i have been trying for years now to find this.
I am just hoping if anyone else has a clue if it exists anywhere on internet.

>normie

Hasn't only the movie been subbed? I was interested in this for a while but was sad to hear there's no sub of the series. Hopefully someone like Saizen should get on it, sounds like it might be right up their alley.

yeah but does it have subs?

What happened to Saizen? Their website is down and they've said nothing about it.

I just checked, really hope they aren't down for good since I've found some good retro stuff through them.

I found a spanish dub just a few months ago. Can't find anything else.

>Kochikame
>Obscure

Nigga, the only thing obscure about it is the fact that it's about as well known as freaking Doraemon was before it became a thing worldwide. Regional popularity.

Ryotsu is essentially cop Wario and friends wrecking havoc.

The places where it seems to be more well known is on Spain and Portugal besides Japan.

It's a endearing show with some gag jokes here and there, it's worth a watch even if just to see something for a change.

NEVER EVER
youtube.com/watch?v=LcfMvvVZRtQ

I want to watch dr slump but cant find it