What happened to manga/anime like berserk and Cowboy Bebop with character driven story lines?

What happened to manga/anime like berserk and Cowboy Bebop with character driven story lines?

They are all over the place, you're just not looking for them you ignorant shit.

Where then? Show me user

Fuck off.

>I can't name any so I'm going to resort to le im not going 2 spoonfeed you lol x d

>with character driven story lines
You don't know what those words mean.

You being a faggot happened.

They're called SoL now, try a few.

The shows which you refer to are too masculine for Japanese audiences. They frighten the Japanese and their little chin chins. They'd rather project themselves onto an MC boring as unbuttered toast who for some inexplicable reason wind up with a harem of some sort.

Sent.

this

When you have unbuttered toast you just need to add some butter. And if you're too slow mentally to get what that means, I'm saying a series can still be really good with a bland MC; it just needs some butter.

>it just needs some butter.

So you're saying... Cliche anime girls of every color of the rainbow?

>MC got fucked in the ass
>masculine

>When you have unbuttered toast
Then you should get yourself some real bread.
Toast is low-tier shit for Americans and Australians.

berserk is still running

The retort of a man with no real response

Welcome to Sup Forums.

You're trying too hard. Here lesser effort and you don't have to pretend to be someone you're not.

>Modern MCs gets raped by girls
>masculine

Anime and manga with character-driven storylines still exist though.

They're still there.
Just less popular.
Sup Forums's got awful taste anyways, so stay away from here unless you want to discuss the seasonal waifushit that's currently airing.

>vagabond
>berserk
>vinland saga
He is right.

They kill studios.

Kekkai Sensen would like a word with you

Anime now is nothing but pandering and trying to appeal to Sup Forumsermin shits, we still get a couple of series with some good story telling but not much.

Like a horse with no legs, sure.

Some old anime directors and producers from had that very same thought so they had a kickstarter for Under the Dog but there was post after post ridiculing it.