Is everyone on the other bait thread

>Forgetting Elsa already.
You sick FUCKS.

That super genki subaru was pretty revolting desu

>Liking a filthy vampire demon wraith

He even said so himself.

Also is Emilia really Satella or what?

She's not.

Except when she is and the world fucking ends.

WN:

ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/

Spoiler pastebin:

pastebin.com/GbgUPSKZ

Reminder that the pastebin is a very short summary of the arcs so far.

Q&A (not translated)
pastebin.com/t5RnzWtG

Are there any anons willing to translate this shit

So was Emilia possessed by Satella when she said her name was Satella in the first or second episode?

Maybe

How did you people get past the first episode, let alone enjoy it??

This show is so fucking bad.

Puck is the kind of secondary I always wish a show would have. The annoying as fuck "He's a bad person who's trying to steal my Emilia" type of pets are fucking cancer

Do you retards actually need to make 7 threads at the same time?

Check the fucking catalog next time.

>not Liking a filthy vampire demon wraith

>how did you people get past the first episode
Because it seemed to me at least, that the first episode was a satire of all the fantasy rpg anime out there, especially when he figured out he had no special powers, thus with that notion I had my expectations high on the future episodes and continued through.

>how did you people get past the first episode
I sat there and watched it

:^)

Yeah, it looked like that at the beginning, but after a couple minutes it became apparent that the writing was actually just bad.

The show had a cool premise that they could have done a lot with, but the MC is just so fucking stupid.

Honestly, this was the first time I ever got actually angry and frustrated at how stupid a character was. Even within anime, which has pretty dumb MCs to account for slow viewers, this was a new low.

Because it gets better.
Really what you hate is not the first episode but the main character. Everything but that in the first few episodes is great.
But if you can't stand it then the series isn't for you and it won't get better for you since you'll be distracted the whole time then come on Sup Forums to complain

>Really what you hate is not the first episode but the main character.

You are right. Maybe I'll give it another shot, but I don't think I can stand another 24 minutes of that idiot.

Maybe you should look for help, is not normal to get this angry for something like this user

that's my point. He was just THAT stupid. Who wrote this fucking character?

What is wrong with Subaru?

inb4
>overly genki and acts like a retard

someone needs to watch epi 8 then

No, we need more.

Get back to /vg/ and check out thread quality there, generalshitter

Wait so you haven't actually watched past the first episode?

kimochi warui

>Not wanting to rem ram Beatrice's felt....

If you open the threads about this anime, do you read through the ones that have a lot of replies, like the one with around 400, or do you just skip to the bottom and don't bother reading through all of it?

I watched three eps

I skim through and read posts with a few (you)s

he's fucking retarded. he doesn't realize that he gets revived after death until like the 4th time. He also acts like an an absolute retard the whole first episode.

Puck is Subaru tough.

I'll read posts where the text is long enough to change the size of the post box, I skip most of the greentexting/single word/sentence posts that contribute nothing and only want to write for the sake of someone else seeing hteir opinion without giving a shit to the thread at all.

Certainly anime is just an advertising tool but it's a shame we won't get to the good stuff. Maybe the slow as fuck manga scanlations.

bump

Rem a cute.

Puck a cute

>bad writing
>synonymous with "I don't like this show but I'm not intelligent enough to expand on why."

"Bad Writing" is one of the most overused bullshit people say when they attempt to sound intelligent.

Arc 3 is arguably the best arc in the series, and we are getting it in the second cour.

yes because summoned in a different word is normal and happens every day right? fucking faggot

Didn't realize this was 2 cour.

4th?

That's so untrue.

Beako = best girl.

Anime and manga had a different feel for this. The way the manga was translated, it read to me as "(I am) disgusting". The anime, on the other hand felt like he was saying "I'm physically ill". Which one of these is closer to source material?

It's the latter. "Kimochi warui" means both of those things, but in this context (he literally starts vomiting because he can't stand keeping up with his facade) it's clear he genuinely feels sick.

thanks, kind user

so where do you read the LN's

Re:minder

where is haremshit?

I doubt it. Maybe she was subtly influenced or something.

>subaru supposedly can't talk about his curse
>he goes to beatrice asking about curses and the witch of envy
>even goes so far as to monologue in front of her about his loops and how he has died so far

Is it because he's in a library or because Betty is best girl?

CRIPPLING DEPRESSION

I want to fuck puck

I understand bad writing as a failure to convey the character's intentions/feelings/actions, failure to explain a situation properly or just general stupidity/illogical stuff.

So for example in the first loop when Subaru kept going like an idiot after dying the first time looks like bad writing. Or when he somehow fucking stabbed himself with the little gun's knife. Or the jackie-chan antics. Or that emilia accepted him far too easily when he got over the first loop.
Some might not feel convinced by his motivations so far, his attachment to emilia, why he tries so hard for the girl that killed him.
There's also some inconsistency because they try to sell him as a smart guy but he has acted like a real dipshit most of the time.

I think people have legit reasons to be mad, or at least disappointed.

>He gets fed up and says how cheap her love is that she must repeat it over and over
>basically drowning herself in the concept of love and only desiring a [relationship] with him while treating him like an object.
You know, that really reminds me of someone else. Maybe not to the same degree, but it almost makes it ironic.

I like alot of things about Re:Zero but it's impossible to say that the writing is excellent. I think it's better than most Isekai works, but it has its heavy flaws.

>because they try to sell him as a smart guy
Are you watching the same show? At most, he's just aware of the typical cliches in this sort of fantasy world, which mostly just backfires. Subaru is portrayed as an idiot who has no real idea what he's doing.

At this point I'm pretty sure that the cat is the culprit.

I have no idea why this show is being hailed as some penultimate masterpiece.

It shouldn't be. If more happens later, then that would be that. It's nothing too special at the moment. This whole shit just started with some shitposters giving some dumbass criticisms, which caused people to defend it. Now here we are.

Because time reset gimmick. That is literally the entire reason.

its not even time reset nice try summerfag

cover of Re:Zero short stories novels.

Rip summer.
Hold the door

NTR? where ?

#TeamRem

#TeamEmilia

She relates to her because she is love starved.

Are any of the novels translated yet?

n o

How does this work for Beatrice? Does she know he is dying all the time?

Nah. The time reset is basically just there to reinforce the main point. The protagonist isn't strong, smart, or generally capable enough to actually do anything without horribly dying. It turns out random Japanese NEETs don't make the best heroes in, or adapt quickly to, a fantasy universe.

This certainly isn't enough to make the story genius or anything, but it seems to introduce some nice twists to an overused and rather boring premise.

This series has a real lack of waifu material. Emilia is just plain and boring, the sisters barely have any personality.
Only beatrice has more to her going on than just being cute.

Even cerberus and kiznaiver have better girls than this.

the rules are loose

> Trying to focus on the girls.
> Not the manly men.

>Rem will always be second in Subaru's heart.

She doesn't deserve this.

Can't he explain more in detail that he got suddenly transported from another world with no magic no furrys and all that jazz(leaving out the part of return by death)? That might have been more convincing for blue before she killed him

It probably sounds considerably less coherent for other people than it is portrayed for us.

>Emilia is just plain and boring
That's so Subaru can profess his cheap love over and over, all while treating her as an object as his main game heroine.

After that long spoiler post at the end of the last thread, I'm pretty sure Subaru is meant to parallel Satella in a lot of ways. Even if he doesn't realize it.

That's just because anytime Subaru makes any progress he just dies and it resets. Emilia has great potential but Felt is obviously the thinking mans choice, she just hasn't been in any episodes in forever.

Felt belongs to Reinhardt now. Subaru doesn't stand a chance ever since Emilia whisked him away to the mansion.

Well, it's quite apparent that Subaru is the furthest thing from a thinking man. Good thing Reinhardt has good taste.

The only time when the rule applies is when he directly tries to talk about it to others, if he's talking to himself, that is actually a loophole considering he indirectly said things about his return by death when the whole confrontation with Elsa occurred but no one knew what he was talking about.

ED is out already? That's fast.

how many episodes until third arc started ?

Is there anyone actually saying that, or are you just deciding in your head that people are saying that?

Another thing to note is if he's in a closed space within a different reality with no influence from the witch, he can yap all he wants.

>short stories novels.
is this new stuff or was this also in the WN

So Subaru is basically Satella's reincarnation in the flesh, right?
I read a spoiler that she supposedly knows along with Puck but so far the anime haven't really showed any signs of it unless I am retarded.

I picked this show up last night, enjoying it so far. It gets more exciting for every episode.

Think of the LN as a parallel but a huge improvement of the writing style, unnecessary details and much more flow. These are mostly details elaborated in the LN and may or may not have been in the WN but the same idea applies as they are canon.

no one know that except witch of greed

>So Subaru is basically Satella's reincarnation in the flesh, right?
No. Their exact circumstances are unclear, but she was the one who summoned him and gave him his power. Doesn't that make her his main heroine by his own logic? It can be assume that he's her agent in the world, whether he knows it or not.

Now, this spoiler has already been released and spread around, but there's a whole thing where she's obsessively in love with him for some reason. No one knows exactly why, but it's probably connected to how Emilia looks like her.

>This image symbolizes how Emilia and Subaru make out while Rem lay there comatose

You know what would really freshen up this genre?

A protagonist who isn't a hikki-neet.

But Sup Forums hates Deathmarch.

the WN is better than the LN desu, LN change and remove much things
You know what would really freshen up this board?

that summerfags should go back to MAL/Reddit

Isn't the fact that it follows so many LN tropes kind of the point?

> WN is better than LN.
WN had problems with the flow of the writing. Not as coherent as the LN. Unnecessary details of the WN is removed and the LN's has a better impact.

So an user pointed this out to me in the OP(during the scene where the girls spin around Subaru and Emilia). Is this the witch of envy?