Kawakami Thread (Horizon, Owari no Chronicle, City Series, Hexennacht...)

After the maintenance we're back with some new CITY, Horizon, and Kimitoasamade.

baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=City_Series:Volume4b_Preface
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=City_Series:Volume4b_Prologue
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=City_Series:Volume7_Preface
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=City_Series:Volume7_Layer_1

baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Horizon:Volume_4B_Chapter_47
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Horizon:Kimitoasamade_2A_Chapter_10

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/2ea1fmakzaem2
pastebin.com/yb19LW96
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is that new city volume js06 just made an entry for?

There are two volumes which don't belong to the original publishing and came out later.
Image City SF and Zenon City Tokyo are these two.
Just like DC for Owari no Chronicle, I guess?

Why are Azuma and Miriam so perfect together?

They have lots of sex.

Added the 4-A EPUB for City. Just a heads up.
No images yet because of the reason I mentioned in the pastebin.

mediafire.com/folder/2ea1fmakzaem2
pastebin.com/yb19LW96

Also, if Ivan is here by chance, or reads this later, check your mails please. Thanks.

I want to examine the Shinjou.
Both Shinjous.

nice

season 3 when

Never ever

BEST KOUHAI

Just believe

New Hexennacht when

How was second volume?

I think volume three hasn't even started in the magazine yet.
So it's going to be a while.

Edgy mary sue not so mary sue after all
F-22 save the day
Manko blushing an awful lot over Kagami

10 out of 10

Fuck

Toori a cute.
I want to protect him.

How come the epub of 3-C is linked on the Baka-Tsuki page but it's not in the mediafire folders linked on just-believe.in?

Is uhh.. owari no chronice worth reading???

Manly

*of Horizon 3-C

I want to slice those tits off and roast them over a fire

I made my own account since it's easier for me to edit and replace the files. You'll find all current and future ones over there.

yeah

>cooking is edgy

ok i'll read it after I get home from school

>Edgy mary sue not so mary sue after all
>Read that she uses scythes
>Reach the image of her Magino Frame
>Scythes

I was disappointed.

Yoshy is very cute.

It has Kagami using her Magino Frame as a giant surfboard.

It's great. As is typical in Kawakami works, the enemies aren't really bad people, everyone has good reasons for fighting, and there are no circumstances under which a dash of insanity is a bad thing.

Ah, thanks user.

There can never be too much worship of the butt spirit.

city series artwork reminds me of power stone

It's written in a first-person perspective, how very unusual for Kawakami.
Also just the first few parts of this novel is chock-full of references, both to world history and to other Kawakamiverse eras.
This bag for example probably says IZUMO.

>In the illustration’s background, you should be able to see a number of things attached to the gas light.
What, exactly? A steam valve on the right one, and a shower head on the left one?

Better than the first if you ask me.
I'm enjoying this a lot.

Reminds me of an old video... I dunno why do people do those.

Those two are illustrations novels that were originally serialized in magazines and later released as novels.

As you can see in this pic, SF is more of a halfway point between a novel and a manga, so it won't work as well as Tokyo with the BT format.

And I just noticed that example is much farther on the manga side of things then I thought, so here's the preceding page.

I've already started pondering how I should handle Tokyo while editing.
Do a complete typeset with the text in the left box as well or crop it like you did to create a proper e-book?

Well, I'll put it on hold for now and wait for the opinion of you guys while I continue to fight against Hexennacht.

Yeah, SF looks almost like a manga apart from the last few pages.

What did you expect? Can't get more edgy than that.

I hope #1 uses a hammer.

In Owari no Chronicle how did Low Gear end up getting blamed for the destruction of every other gear when they all self-destructed?

Going by her design, maybe something Chinese?
Those weapons Shampoo wields would come close to a hammer, or a meteor hammer.

cool

Low Gear destroyed ten gears after the Eight Great Dragon Kings and others of Sayama's grandfather's generation fought. The only gear that self-destructed was Top Gear (because of their experiments with concept creation), and even then almost everyone thought that Low Gear had been responsible.

It's been years, it's time to let go.

JUST BELIEVE

Love Live is finally done. Sunrise doesn't have anything else to do now.

>Love Live is finally done.
I have bad news, user.

Maybe I'm just blind, but can someone explain to me how this is a scythe?

It's only very loosely shaped like a scythe.

The Magino Device in the background has the "scythes" attached in a circle and facing outward.

That makes sense. I guess I had just mentally imagined it as one of the traditional scythes where the blade is perpendicular to the handle.

The latest Tokyo update features Heavy Knights (which I completely forgot were mentioned in Tokyo), but all you need to know is that they're the City Era version of gods of war.

Nice. Good to see those are still around.

Why is there no art of horizon girls having their breasts sliced off?

How do I start reading or watching all this shit?

Watch the anime, then start reading the books from volume 1-A.

Horizon is part of a larger timeline, with CITY being last, Hexennacht coming some time after Horizon, and Owari no Chronicle coming some few thousand years before Horizon.
They're all far apart enough to be stand alone, but you can see how technology progresses as time passes from series to series.

You can each series in whatever order you like -- they are loosely connected but by no means is there a fixed order you should read them in.

Horizon has an anime, which is a good way to get into the Kawakamiverse. Another common way to start is to read Owari no Chronicle, which is fully translated.

Oh I see. I watched the first season kinda passively so I'll rewatch that. Do you read Kimitoasamade along side the first book or at the end?

I've been told it should be read no sooner than 3-A, since some characters show up that aren't introduced until then.

The whole of Kimitoasamade basically spans over both anime season and therefore over the first two volumes.
Best would be after you finish 2-B.

That makes sense. I never realized it was such a lengthy series. Thanks for the help though

>I never realized it was such a lengthy series
You're hilarious and my picture is outdated.

I think this was from another user.

Ohh, a kawakami thread. I've been wanting to ask, do the musashi girls ever get into relationships? I know some of the guys do.

Nothing two sided thus far, I think.
I guess Kawakami doesn't want to upset the waifufags, which is a shame.

Oh that's a shame I thought some of the relationships so far are not too bad.

What are these two up to now? Anything relevant happen?

Yeah, it'd be nice to have a couple of more developing romances for the main characters after Noriki/Houjou, but it might be from a decision further up than himself. I don't think the current creative climate can allow preexisting waifus to be married off like that, which is why we get to see entirely new couples develop instead (Kristina and her shota).

A bunch of those on the right were other light novels though.
However, since then I have picked up Hexennacht 1 and 2, the second Girls Talk and any other Horizon volumes released since it was taken, so it's probably the right size.

Unfortunately almost all of those books are still in New Zealand. On the plus side, I get to walk into a local bookstore in a couple of weeks and pick up the next Horizon volume.

LIVING THE DREAM

Still no S3 is more like a nightmare.

Miriam confess to Azuma in volume 8

Just finished Horizon 2 fuck I want more.

There's always the LNs.

I want my own mini library

I'm still on 3-A

Futayo's doing fine in the later volumes, right?

She enjoys sex a lot and becomes Musashi's highest paid prostitute

>She enjoys sex a lot
Yeah, she does.

>Musashi's highest paid prostitute
Like a an Instructor or sparring partner of some sort?

Will Horizone become a bit less autistic later in novels?

She was off even when alive, so I don't think so.

Toori sure knows how to pick his girls
>submissive dog
>serial shooter
>autistic robot

>She was off even when alive
Not as off as dead.

At least she was smiling.

If Zaregoto can get an anime, then so can Owari no Chronicle (and season 3).
I'll believe until Kawakami's 20th anniversary next year, then I will gladly accept despair.

the smug is real in that picture

Does anyone else think that Mary Sue's story resemble Brunhilde's? Kagami is basically Siegfried in this setting, the two worlds seem similar enough and she uses a Scythe and is sort of tsundere with Kagami like Brunhilde was with Siegfried.

I think at least half of them were in one from the very beginning or at least paired up with someone pretty early, or had a setting that basically said: no.

Kimi is impossible.
Nate, Asama, Horizon and Toori.
Heidi and Shiro.
Miriam and Azuma.
Margot and Naruze.

So, there's like 5 of them left.
Suzu, Adele, Naomasa, Futayo, and Masazumi.

And if you take the jokes even further, Cave Woman has food and alcohol while Masazumi has her Mouse.

Isn't Naomasa paired with Nagayoshi?

Also, Adele was paired with Narimasa for a brief period, before the arrive of Fuwa.

Now that you mention it...
Not sure if coincidence or reincarnation.
If Kagami is Sayama, Manko is Asama and Mary is Brunhild, then who is Hunter?

As the petite American with a dead pilot father, I'm guessing she's Heo.

She's like genkish version of Heo, with more confidence and boxing instead of running.

I would say Horinouchi is least interesting of the bunch so far. Everyone else has something going on with them, while she's just Asama 2.0.

Why is there no art of Horizons having their balloon tits sliced off?

can u stop being edgy?

>implying it's edgy

Because Kawakami is a benevolent writer that gives everyone something.

The balloon tits crowd gets Kimi, Asama, etc
The flat crowd gets Malga, Suzu, Adele, etc.

What about the crowd that wants to see balloon tits get sliced off? It could be a cooking thing. I want a scene where Neito is cooking some balloon tits like the famous Hannibal cooking scene.

>Kimi
>Balloon tits
What the fuck are you talking about?