Give the newcomer the most difficult stroke

>Give the newcomer the most difficult stroke

did the person who write this have no clue about swimming?

As if professional swimmers know a flying fuck about how anime works.

No one is watching Free! for the swimming. Also he'll drown himself trying anything else so...

If you're talking about blue, they made him try different styles until he found the one that suited him the most. If butterfly is the one that he stuck with by choice then I don't see why it's so difficult.

Makoto a best

Who cares. The show is fujoshit garbage.

butterfly requires the most training and years of experience, by putting rin on it, they killed their relay times.

They should have given him breaststroke(the easiest) and put nagisa on butterfly

>!Free
>Caring about swimming

LOL
O
L

This is one of the bottom tier of sports animes.

The guy who wrote Eyeshield 21 at least took the time to learn about football before writing it (despite all the DBZ-tier stuff he threw in).

Also one of the better animated sports anime, which is sad because the sport part is not the center of the whole thing.

Serves you right for watching fujoshit for anything more than fujoshit.

This is why Euphonium is the better sport anime.

Utsumi is a good director but she has such shit taste. Just why?

>by putting rin on it, they killed their relay times
I'm guessing you meant Rei because Rin had years of experience and butterfly was one of his specialities

If you're more interested in a sports anime somewhat focusing on the actual sport, look forward to Yuri on Ice next since their staff seems to be studying actual skaters.
Band a shit and not an actual sport.

Thank goodness she's gone now.

>Parasyte designs
I mean I'm going to watch it because of Sayo Yamamoto anyway but still

Maybe they should've let her and her shit taste reing, the Free tv anime is the most successful of Kyoani's own IPs.

Y-you know Rei can't swim other strokes, right? Having him swim anything else makes the team's times infinity.

It's also the most beautiful stroke.

it's anime, he is simply the most apt at doing the most difficult stroke for an inexplicable reason to get to the parts of the narrative that are interesting and what people want to see since it is fiction and not in any way meant to reflect reality

No one gives a fuck about logic in dumb fujo shows.

>Yuri on Ice
>It's actually Yaoi on Ice
>MAPPA

KyoAni rafting when?

It's a joke, user. That a total noob would not just be able to swim the most difficult stroke, but sink like a stone when he tries anything else, is funny because it's contrary to expectations. You may have noticed that the first season of Free! is primarily comedic in tone.

Please don't post sluts here.

I didn't post Harushit though.

No one gave the stroke to him. He read about it and tried it out by himself, surprising everyone by being naturally talented at it. That was the joke.
Also,
>Complaining of Chinese comedy cartoons not being realistic

I wish that Free! was more about swimming. Euphonium managed to strike a decent balance between faggotry and music.

Maybe we'll get a good balance again in the future?

Are you new?

>h-he's fast!

That's precisely why Rei was put up against the cripple guy in s2 to make it fair.

>I wish that Free! was more about swimming.
They did a good job making the swimming scenes dynamic and entertaining, while keeping them realistic (except the final races where everyone was on drugs having delusions). They also did a good job giving individuality to swimming styles, like Nagisa's arm extension or Rin's wall kick.
My favorite swimming scene is Sosuke preying on Haruka.

But swimming is just not a good sport for a manga/anime plot. You don't have several matches per tournament, only the relay has teamwork, and that's only when switching swimmers.

I don't know anything about Free or swimming, but usually in sports anime the newcomers are super talented Gods who instantly master some extremely difficult aspect of their sport of choice.

Yeah, and? If you remember the episode when they swim to the island through the storm at night and just sit and chit-chat as if nothing happened (and not showing a trace of exhaustion) INSTEAD OF FUCKING WARMING THEMSELVES UP AND FINDING SOMETHING TO EAT WITH A HIGH SUGAR CONTENT then you needn't ask, really.

>INSTEAD OF FUCKING WARMING THEMSELVES UP AND FINDING SOMETHING TO EAT WITH A HIGH SUGAR CONTENT
They wore souvenir aprons for warmth. And ate canned saba and pineapple. And drank bottled water.
Not perfect, but at least they tried.