Do you rate the shows you've watched?

Do you rate the shows you've watched?

Yes. Having standards is important.

No.

Yes, but I've been planning to go through MAL and reevaluate based on baka-raptor's system.

I'm talking about rating it,like giving it a number.
You can have standards without rating anime.

I have a blog dedicated to rating anime.

Fixed pointless, arbitrary routines are very important to autismal cunts.

And you need standards to rate things.

I used to, but it became too much of an obsession. I strove to have about a 5/10 average and constantly mulled over the rating I was going to give a show while watching it, as well as how I would need to adjust older ratings to match my new experiences. When I realized it was just impairing my ability to enjoy what I was watching I just deleted all my ratings and put the whole thing behind me, and I've never looked back with regret.

nb for blogshit about tertiary bullshit

That's exactly my situation, I think I care too much about rating the shows i've watched, and there's some shows that I liked but it was such a long time ago and my tastes changed so I don't know how to rate them.

This system is fucking dumb

My suggestion is to just let it go. You'll be better off

Nice critique.

I keep a list of shows for memory's sake and mark shows I would recommend with a (*). Its a nice criteria for organising stuff because you don't um and ah about numerical values.

Helps seperate the seasonal wheat from the chaff in a less absolute manner. I may have enjoyed my time with Cute Girls Doing Cute Things 16, but it isn't something I would tell someone to seek out.

No, I've watched over 400 anime but I still feel I'm not wise and experienced enough to give scores. Like for example, I didn't like K-on at all when I first watched it 6 years ago, but only recently I realised it's one of the best SOLs ever. Moe SoL also became my favorite genre. Similar things happened to a lot of other shows because my tastes keep changing and evolving so the some of the scores would be also different at a certain period of time.

this doesnt work for shows that are great yet you would absolutely not want to rewatch

Yes

Its a pretty simple rating. "will re-watch at one point." and "wont re-watch." A lot fall into the later category just because there is so much to watch I don't have the time to go back to something unless I REALLY liked it.

sup grandpa

See No one should trust a saoposter anyway :^)

Why does a show that suffers from extended bout of shittiness lead to a 9? while one that doesn't lead to a 7?

Ninja 3x3 thread? Ninja 3x3 thread.

I don't think red necessarily means 'no' on his flowchart

I don't know who that is and I have no idea how this chart works.

I just rate shows based on how much I enjoyed it.
Rewatch value is different as there are some shows I liked watching but wouldn't consider rewatching.