Why is Sup Forums called Sup Forums?

Why is Sup Forums called Sup Forums?

It implies it's more of an anime board than it is a manga one.
Kinda unfair desu.

Sup Forums isn't short for anything. It was created as a general discussion anime/manga board after Sup Forums went to shit (7 weeks in).

Why is Anonymous called anonymous?

It implies you are actually anonymous when infact you are associated with an IP address

Kinda stupid Desu

Sup Forums for Sup Forumsutism It fits just perfect.

But user you silly newfriend, manga has it's own board: /m/

Manga discussion has always been in minority, and will always be.

Now don't get any board split ideas from that statement, I like how things are.

I don't know about that, i see more manga threads reaching bump limit quickly.

Anons seem to be inherently lazy; if someone dumps it, people will discuss it, but for some reason no-one will ever actually go out and read something and then come back to discuss it.

still want that manga board

I don't care if it will be shit

What if I told you my IP wasn't actually my IP?

Anime threads absorb 90% of the shitposting and retarded bullshit that occurs on Sup Forums making the manga threads short but relatively civil. Still want manga board though

Fuck you Sup Forums shouldn't change

Those week-long TLR threads are c. 2008-tier cozy. Even the insane tripfag is kind of moe.

If only we took the Sup Forums /m/ model instead of the Sup Forums /jp/ one then there would be nothing stopping a manga thread.

>It implies it's more of an anime board than it is a manga one.
As it turns out, that's exactly what it is.

I always saw /c/ and /e/ as just image dump board though. Do people actually discuss anything there?

Because manga is for plebs

This.

Fuck anime.

Because we aren't AM from I Have No Mouth Yet I Must Scream

because manga sucks

I think you misread his post.

No I didn't.

Fuck you.

No those boards are garbage

Next thing you are going to tell me is that I am not actually a potato.

Wow rude.

as expected of plebs.

Thanks.

The resident Sup Forumsutists here throw a fit if a manga or novel takes precedence over the anime. From my experience it is because they are illiterate and have poor reading comprehension. I'm not even being rude. Simply stating an observation.

What about light novels ? Where do they belong ?

>The resident Sup Forumsutists here throw a fit if a manga takes precedence over the anime.

Can't debunk that because manga never took precedence over anime. Even the popular ones are obscure in comparison to your seasonal series.

Unless the manga gets an anime, but that's less about being territorial and more about animefags being animefags.

Manga > Anime > Light novel > The rest

In the trash.

/jp/

If adapted, it's clearly accepted enough to talk about them on Sup Forums. Like with Overlord, Mahouka or whatever

if only we can get the LNfags to /jp/

I keep going there only to find the threads slow as molasses

I think they should remove manga from Sup Forums and make a separate board for it called /m/ or something.

>Mecha has it's own board.
>Manga doesn't.

we have a quest and history board now

why not complete the trifecta and have a manga one

The problem is that the vast majority of LNs, VNs, WNs, etc. with any kind of fanbase or smidgen of artistic value are going to get a manga or anime adaptation. The existence of an adaptation, no matter how irrelevant or ancient, justifies making a thread on Sup Forums. The number of series that don't fall under that umbrella is small enough that most people don't need to check /jp/ for anything.

Can't we just get along and have fun?

No.

If you don't see the trend, boards are pretty much split because a subculture of the board becomes too big and disliked. For Sup Forums-/vg/ it was the generals. For /tg/-/qst/ it was the quests. And so on.

Nobody to my knowledge dislikes manga discussion on Sup Forums.

fuck off leddit.

We do however need /ag/.
Every season there's a new general that gets stuck and they refuse to just accept that no-one wants to discuss their shitty show anymore. It's only a matter of time before there's more of them than regular threads.

no one hated the history threads on Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /tg/, or /k/ either

>Go to history board
>expect Hitler board
>get Crusader board

fuck that anime doesn't even have that much content to sustain generals

/jpg/ on the otherhand

>fuck that anime doesn't even have that much content to sustain generals
Exactly. Which is why they should all be nuked or moved off-board, I don't give a shit either way.

Oh shit this doesn't actually have Sup Forums listed.
Disregard this post I suck cocks.

Name 5 anime that fits that description.
It's not that I disagree with you, but can you name that many?

not like general behavior will stop because of a new board either

we already learned that there's no difference between one big general and several threads made at the same time because the fans don't want to end the party just yet. We also learned that there's no difference between them and the several threads made to complain about the other threads and their fanbases (A Type-Moon hate thread is still a Type Moon thread).

No worries user, that post was a troll anyway.
Pic related is an animu holding a "Transport"

SnK, Monster Musume, Schwarzenmarken, JoJo (which I know is currently airing but they keep it up regardless), HxH, Overlord, and Yuyushiki make a thread every tuesday, but they manage to keep it up for nearly a week with disgusting blog posting everytime it's about to die. There are probably more I'm forgetting.
Then factor in the fact that there are all the normalfag shit like Dragonball, Yugioh, Naruto, OP, etc, and THEN factor in the generals which don't even belong here like DJT and sad panda and it's just becoming out of control.

No fuck off filthy secondary.

You animeonlyfags always make cancerous shitposting once something gets an adaptation.

Miuna
hamster spam
SZS
Kancolle
ll

Those are all ongoing series they have a right to be here, except for Yuyushiki. Dragonball, Naruto and OP too, even though you're too elite for them.
Also mods have said DJTs are fine and I can't imagine what anyone would have against sad panda threads.

>tfw it's come to a point anime fags call their threads "editions" and nobody says a word about it

Fuck anime.

don't think Umaru is a general

but then again every popular anime thread counts as a general these days.

If only more people participated in DJTs

then there would be more translations and we wouldn't have to rely too much on PMSing scanlators from tumblr

Mods also said gookshit is fine here but we all despise it.

Don't think your garbage is any different.

>SZS
A translated manga chapter is posted then the thread dies. They're harmless. They'll be over in around 70 days or so.

>Those are all ongoing series they have a right to be here
I don't disagree, the problem isn't discussing the series but having a general. Even if it's ongoing there's only so much you can discuss about the current content. For LN's like Overlord it's literally months between releases, you don't need a thread up 24/7. Instead it becomes about blogging, e-celebs and making copy-pasta to post constantly rather than about actual discussion of the series.
Also, Muv-Luv is a game, that shit belongs on /vg/. They actually have a place they can take their general and they don't.

So about that

49 days to go

None of them have enough content for a constant thread to not be shit.

What's wrong with it being here? I don't personally read that shit but I don't care if I see a thread about it.

Muvluv has an anime airing right now but I do agree that 'generals' should only exist when there's new content. But that's up to the posters to enforce.

>Muvluv has an anime airing right now
What?

I thought it did or was that last season?

Schwarszenmarken was last season.

If you make a manga board then i won't be able to spoil animeonlyfags

Okay sorry I was unaware. In that case they should probably to /vg/ or something.

I'm a dog actually.

More boards is a stupid idea and the people who suggest it need to fuck off.

It's okay. On the Internet, nobody will know that you're a dog.

We just need strict mods who delete cancerous irrelevant shit off the board immediately.

>But that's up to the posters to enforce.
How? Spamming them is bannable, reporting them gets you warned. It only takes a couple of autists circlejerking it to keep a general up 24/7. Without moderator approval there is literally no way to get rid of them.

If only Kinomod/modcat was here

>ctrl+f "[a/"
I don't know what to say

>daily bullshit
>harmless
I don't think so Tim. Besides, that pic of Chiri is giving me nightmares. I hide it on sight.

If only we had a mod for more than 5 minutes

I honestly wish there could be enough anime generals to warrant a new board. That way, the general threads could be sent to that board and Sup Forums would be clear of Naruto, one piece, bleach, yugioh, muv-luv, HxH, fairy tale, overlord, Idle activities, pretty cure, osomatsu-san, Eva, etc. I personally love a few of these, but the threads are up 24/7. I think the problem might become Sup Forums losing enough traffic to make it turn into /jp/ tier speed.