Nanoha thread

The dream still lives.

Other urls found in this thread:

vividtranslations.com/2016/05/18/no-we-are-not-dropping-vivid/
youtube.com/watch?v=nKwvE42iu6o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The dream may live but this series is dead. Force is on permanent hiatus. ViVid was dropped by the only translation group working on it, and the movie is more of an urban legend than a reality at this point. All these threads turn into is just image dumping.

Nanoha is dead.
Vivid was a mistake.

Nonsense, we'll get a new series, it'll be about cute waif antics with Fate. Everything will be fine.

And StrikerS before it.

Innocent will (not) save Nanoha.

StrikerS was fine, short-sighted but the series itself was fine.

It's just no one at 7arcs asked themselves "Hey, what do we do after this?"

This. Nanoha lived too long for its own good and Vivid and Force failed to generate new fans, mainly because both failed to be as "Nanoha" as its title is.

I liked the little audio drama that came after. Taking a small handful of characters and giving them a random adventure is what the series should be about, not ever increasing levels of danger and doubling the cast with every new installment.

IMO, the lack of tension really killed it.

7arcs and whoever the fuck writes this seems to think more character = more fun. Completely ignoring what made A's fun to begin with.

I hope they try letting someone else take a crack at the series.

>All this StrikerS hate

I guess people didn't want Lesbot that much.

It wasn't the lesbot, it wasn't based Jail at that. It was just a total fuckup in how to play muh military bureaucracy story in StrikerS that really turned people off.

>more character = more fun
7arcs seems to have a boner for this now. They did the same thing in Dog Days, its just too many fucking characters. In Vivid I didn't even care about any of them, I just wanted to see the old characters. I thought StrikesS was mediocre but Vivid was hot garbage. I think I need to come to terms that the franchise is dead. The old fans are getting older and Force along with Vivid failed to generate any new interest. 7arcs seems to forget what made Nanoha so successful.

The only thing that can save Nanoha and Dog Days is to get a different writer. Tsuzuki can't wite for shit. He creates these amazing worlds and cool characters and then does nothing worthwhile with them.

Hell, just sell the entire Dog Days franchise to Trigger. I would love seeing what they could do with it.

Gen Urobuchi should get the series.

at this point, only the movie can save it. going back to the basics with only Nanoha and Fate with Hayate and family might be just what we need. and after that, i'd take an entire series about their middle school over more characters i can't care about.

I just want to see loli's shooting giant ass lasers at each other again.

Sometimes it works and gives very cute/hot characters.

Other times it makes Erio.

NO HE SHOULD NOT

I don't think this is true. It just needs to have stuff coming out for it again.

Just make a new damn series, guys.

I don't hate StrikerS. I just see it as a point of no return.

Miracles of this earth

>ViVid was dropped by the only translation group working on it

vividtranslations.com/2016/05/18/no-we-are-not-dropping-vivid/

No return to what, though?

I know we like lolis and all, but was making Nanoha healthy really a point of no return?

Or was it more because of the character bloat?

To me StrikerS was the end of the era of just having straight-forward fights in a mecha-turned-magical-girl show.

I REALLY DON'T CARE about the daily lives of Mid-Childa. Why don't people understand this?

If you want to make a place like Mid-Chida, it should have stuff going down all the time.

I just want Ace Combat with flying little girls again.

This. If Touma and Vivio were to be the next heroes I want them to step into Nanoha's/Subaru's shoes first.

This is Nanoha, it shouldn't be SOL shit: it should be action-drama shit.

The dream still lives...in Prisma Illya.

Just move on already. Everybody else did.

I refuse

Nanoha will survive

I say that, and then the thread immediately dips to Page 9.

Well there's really no more things to talk about Nanoha. Unless there's new materials, it's practically a dead series.

Better let the thread die and let Nanoha sink into the annals of the history of great anime.

I don't want it to die yet, though. I want them to finish what they started.

I do too but if Vivio's life is all rainbows and sunshine things bets boring pretty fast.
She's alive and well, what are we supposed to follow now? We are into Nanoha for action and there's only a lame tournament. They probably won't even gonna follow-up the info they got from during the Saint Kaiser story: Its just some lame flashback. No new enemies, no new evil threatening the multiverse. No actual motivation.

At least in Illya they have the Cards, Kuro, Miyu and the Grail.

In Vivid, there's nothing.
Force's problems are just bad handling and bad storytelling. They should not have involved the older cast and should decide between being actually serious or a comedy. It has the same problems as StrikerS.

I'm probably old-hat, but I'm of the opinion that there doesn't need to be a multiverse-threatening situation to make an interesting character story.

Which is clearly what 7arcs wants to make: character stories. They just don't want to put their characters in any possible harm or danger.

Vivid anime was garbage as was the manga. Literally killed the series.

Forcing yuri shit down throats did aswell.

Why did SM316 stop drawing nanoha art?

>All these threads turn into is just image dumping.
Still better than shipping faggotry.

I remember the good times in A's when Fate and Signum became the coolwst rivals ever. Looking back, however, i can't help but realize both were kind of chunni.

No thanks, Illya is too gay and dirty to.my tastes. Most of Nanoha's dirty elements are subtle and only exaggerated in fan works.

uh no, the yuri was what attracted most people in the first place, or it would have been a generic magical girl show and the relationships between the characters would have been incredibly shallow.

Vivid was an incredibly boring slice of life, so no surprise it didnt do very well. The series didnt show anything that the fans might have wanted. Force a the very least, had a plot so you had a reason to keep reading. Vivid had nothing, they could have made the whole 'reincarnating heroes" thing be a huge plot point but it was just used as a plot device to handwave how some kids have super powers.

>uh no, the yuri was what attracted most people in the first place, or it would have been a generic magical girl show and the relationships between the characters would have been incredibly shallow.

I mildly agree. That's true mainly for Vivid because that was made with yuri pandering as one of the main selling points unlike previous installments. Problem is that it has barely anything else beyond that and that's when ut feels shallow.

The original trilogy didn't had that trouble because those had actual stories to tell while the cutesy moments between girls were just a bonus.

I digged Vivid's concept of a more lighthearted story at first but after the DSAA tournament the manga fell flat on its face and started introducing dozens of characters without shame.

Vivid isnt really yuri pandering though. If they wanted to do yuri pandering, there would have been a lot more scenes focused on actual yuri rather than just vauge subtext. Like, Vivid walking in on Fate and Nanoha having implied sex or Vivid having actual romantic interest in other girls and going on dates and stuff.

Murcielago is what i would call a yuri pandering series.

>Murcielago is what i would call a yuri pandering series.
>a yuri series is a yuri pandering series
Gee thank you Sherlock.

The problem with Vivid and Force is ultimately because Tsuzuki doesn't know what he is doing and doesn't want to hand the job of writing to others.

Every issue with Nanoha can be traced back to Tsuzuki.

All my money, but that ain't happening

>too gay

Signum would make a good Saber

We might get an announcement soon.

As much as I want to talk about Nanoha, my interest lies in Fate and I have no idea if she even still exists in today's Nanoha as even a supporting character.

Soon™...

She was pretty important in Force, the only one that didn't job actually

>years since last 3rd movie news
Nana please will it.

Is Nanoha's VA even alive anymore?

She's alive but slowly disappearing from the industry.
Since she killed her music career she's like an old lady without a walking stick.

I don't know what happened with Yukarin. I hope she can somehow stitch herself back in one piece.

She is in Shounen Maid this season and was cast in Ange Vierge which is airing next season.

What's up with Yukarin anyway? I get that she's probably depressed, but why does it seem like she is unable to land any remotely important roles nowadays?

She didn't renew her contract with her record label King Records for personal reasons. After that she's slowly disappearing. She still tweets, but not that often.

Strange enough, King Records reformed Starchild and created a sister branch called King Amusement Creative which is the branch for Anime singers shortly after Yukarin left the company.

VA industry is almost like the idol industry nowadays. The more old you are the lesser roles you'll get.
Mizuki Nana gets an exception because she's a singer and a special asset to the industry.

Because she's old.
Newbies also need to have a chance too.

Feels more like someone got shafted along the way than actual "personal reasons".

As a general trend, maybe. There are a fair number of exceptions though. Off the top of my head, Yui Horie and Sawashiro Miyuki are not exactly young either. I get the age bit, and not everyone needs to get as much presence as Hanazawa Kana, but I have not seen her in a single lead role in literally years.

We don't really know what happened to Yukarin; one day her website just went down then they confirmed days after that she's out of King Records.

Yui Horie is almost Yukarin-tier ded too.

I feel old now. At least Yui still has her Hanekawa role.

>I have not seen her in a single lead role in literally years.
She was Kaoru in Danna ga.

>She is in Shounen Maid this season

As MC's dead mom.

>Yui Horie
>ded
You have the whole year of Horie.

>Yui Horie is almost Yukarin-tier ded too.

That's not even remotely true. Hocchan still gets multiple roles a season and even has a lead role in Precure alongside Takahashi.

They even let them to sing the ed youtube.com/watch?v=nKwvE42iu6o

i would totally rape her

Nanoha is old and busted. Nana only wills Symphogear now.

>Miyu Matsuki died from japanese cold
>Yukarin is on the verge of killing herself
>Nana is also depressed
>the voice actor of Bardiche is rumored to have throat cancer, which is why he doesn't speak
A lot of strange shit is happening to the Nanoha cast, all while Sutzuki shoves scores of new characters down our throats as if tomorrow didn't exist.

This franchise is cursed. It's fucking cursed.

>Nana
>depressed
She's indeed fucked up in the head, but Nana is mentally strong.
She'll only be depressed if her career abruptly ends.

>Nana is also depressed
>She's indeed fucked up in the head

I require further explanation.

>>Nana is also depressed
>depressed
>just had fun hugging with Uesaka Sumire in a magazine photo shoot last may 18
>went to Hokkaido and bought Shiroi Koibito cookies with her face on the packaging
Not even close.

She admitted that she has Stockholm Syndrome.
She's also a big masochist and workaholic. If she can fuck her job she'd do it at least thirty times a day.

whats the page about?

Now I know how Horizonfags feel.
>3rd movie eta : forever

>Like, Vivid walking in on Fate and Nanoha having implied sex or Vivid having actual romantic interest in other girls and going on dates and stuff.
All 3 of those things sort of happen in Vivid Life, but that's not because it's yuri "pandering", it's because some chapter are plainly within the yuri genre. Same thing with A la Carte.

>Bardiche is rumored to have throat cancer
Fuck, I really hope that's nothing but a dirty rumor. I'm itching so much for a "Sir" that you could measure it with the right equipment.

No joke that was quite the feat. With old and new cast members dropping like flies it was amusing to see Fate and Teana holding the best record fighting the Eclipse.

Based Prince Fate blastin' these fuckers

Why is Fate so cool, Sup Forums?

>woman so badass even the semi autonomous artificial intelligence device adresses her with a male honorific
Now that's a fucking female.

Cool looking weapons, dashing looks, black and yellow motifs with a bit of heroic white. Also her cute shy persona emphasized her cool badass moments a lot.

she is in Shounen Maid and Sakamoto this season. Next season she'll be in Ange Vierge and Saiki Kusuo. She is just supporting character in all of these shows though

Prince Fate is a miracle of the universe.

And that's one of the reasons she was the only person worth becoming Nanoha's wife.

because she is best girl, user-kun

Wouldn't the best way to save the series to just put one right after Nanoha A?

It's not like they can't just DB Super it and make some bullshit up

>It's not like they can't just DB Super it and make some bullshit up
That's kinda what ViVid made. Lots of red herrings about cool looking mysteries that ended uo having little to no consequence. And a bunch of underdeveloped new characters.

Fate-chan.

>cool looking mysteries
Nothing of it was cool, it was all dull and pretty pointless. It's so blatantly obvious that the "plot" for most of the characters in Vivid was just a dismissive handwave as to why the girls should have super powers, nothing was ever build upon it.

God I hate Vivid so much.

>uh no, the yuri was what attracted most people in the first place

No it didn't you retard.

Yes. That's the general consensus.

Force anime when?

I got into this series because a scene from striker when it was airing, where Nanoha fucked up Tea during training for insubordination. I thought "huh, that was different" and marathon Nanoha and A's. Ironically, I got out of the show because striker as well, I was never able to finish it. I just lost interest about the last third of strikers for some reason.

Yuri was another reason I got out of it, it got very thick by the 3rd season. I generally likes other aspect of the show, the magic-teks, the fights, the plots, I felt that it was different and interesting. Unfortunately the subtext for yuri gets in the way for me.

It doesn't feel appropriate for me to do fan work for it since I wasn't into it so I just sort of tuned out of the series ever since then. For the past 9 years I have been trying to make something "like this" I feel its something I could like. I am really bad at it tho.

Is there any magick-tek type of magical girl that doesn't have yuri subtext?

>magical girl that doesn't have yuri subtext

This genre is not for you.