I miss the rollercoaster, Sup Forums. I'm sad that no series will ever take me for a ride again the way Samflam did

I miss the rollercoaster, Sup Forums. I'm sad that no series will ever take me for a ride again the way Samflam did.

It was the last hurrah of a dying studio that just wanted to make the kind of show they wanted to make instead of the one they were told to make before they went out.

Sanflam was probably the most spectacularly that manglobe could crash and burn and damn I salute them for it.

This and Code Geass are probably the shows that have made me go OH WHAT THE HELL WAS ALL THAT the most since Evangelion.

flamwenco

anime will never be the same

Rewatched it recently. This is a fantastic show even on rewatch.

does the MC get superpowers ?

Director is god-tier for making all these theme shifts work together.

He uses a special device to evolve just for episode 18.

Pure FLAMWENCO baby

Most people can't scratch beyond the surface and don't seem to realize because of the many and brutal genre shifts but SF is a very well crafted and told story as well as a brilliantly directed show.

>enjoying show extemely
>end of episode 7

Haven't picked it up since that.

You're such a faggot.

>dropping the show when it started to get good

Faggot

Reminder to have proper posture while you SIT DOWN.

Was that when it jumped the flying shark with le guillotine gorillaface? Such a shitshow, no wonder manglobe is dead and buried now.

Watching it again and noticing how the care they took for details like the dates and the extra characters is a nice ride on its own

Did you watch Master of Martial Hearts?

I was looking at all the corrections they made for the BDs and holy shit they put a lot of effort into it. I still wouldn't say it's anything super special in terms of the art but it's very clearly a labour of love. Tons of respect for the team who put it together.

Watched it for the first time a few months back and holy hell it was fantastic.

It was everything that makes anime great and what all chinese cartoons should strive to be-- fun.

It's objectively bad 6/10.

6 is not even a negative score, you millennial trash.

That just makes you want to hate humanity though. SamFlam isn't like that, thankfully.

Come on, user. You're missing out on the experience.

I still get a lump in my throat thinking about the sentai part.

I love this show.

>Most people can't scratch beyond the surface and don't seem to realize because of the many and brutal genre shifts but SF is a very well crafted and told story as well as a brilliantly directed show.

It's kind of irritating to see Samurai Flamenco lumped into the general "entertaining trainwreck" category so since the series is actually really tight and sticks to its thesis really well throughout the show.

>6 is not even a negative score, you millennial trash.

Reminder that the oldest millennials are in their early/mid 30s and you probably are one.

Drivel

I've always thought that SamFlam would make for a fantastic show to watch with friends.

Can anyone confirm?

Watching anime with other people is degenerated either way.

Can confirm, was amazing. My friend and I got high and blazed through the flamenco stars!

between this and kill la kill and tanuki (or was that the one prior) I think this was the best season to watch alongside Sup Forums

>between this and kill la kill and tanuki
I remember Uchoten Kazoku being my favorite 2013 show until SF aired. KlK that was supposed to "save anime" ended up being a huge turd, SF and Ping Pong coming right next literally did the job.

Oh I didn't know Ping Pong was even that year. I guess I was pretty late on getting around to that, but yeah it was pretty wonderful. I don't like using the term 'art' as praise but it seems fitting for it.

Ping Pong was right after SF so 2014.

Ping Pong was spring 2014. Same season as SDC.

That seventh episode, man. I remember having read a comment along the lines of "I am not yet sure if I like the direction this show is taking here" before watching the episode.
Then I watched it, and when the talk Masayoshi has with Gotou came up, I thought, "oh, so it is turning into batman now? Yeah, not sure if I like that, either."
After that the last five minutes happened, and the rest is history, as they say.
Can't say any twist in any other anime got me as hard as this one. RIP Manglobe.

Stuff like this ,Glasslip and Beast Saga need to go in some parody rec chart to troll newfags

I'm sure it'll happen again. It was fun while it lasted.

Rate SamFlam out of 10, Sup Forums.

9/10 had some slow dull bits that didn't really work out for it IMO. But it was one hell of a ride.

9/10 it was overall fantastic but paced itself poorly at times

It can jump from ∞ to ∞ in a blink an eye of an eye
10 is no where enough to rate this show, user

>in a blink of an eye
I want to kill myself.

8.5/10