Frank Grimes of their respective series

Frank Grimes of their respective series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RCB_OcJcDYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I don't need to practice playing guitar because I'm Yui Hirasawa
>I never accept the actions of my consequences because I'm Yui Hirasawa

>I don't have to worry about attacking people insecurities, I'm Takino Tomo.
>College entrance exams? I don't need to worry about getting a passing grade! I'm Takino Tomo!

>What? You're dropping contentious flirtations that only the most dense blockhead would take as serious threats? OK, I won't respond with any affection or push back of any kind. I'm baka Shinji.
>Oh there's an Angel? Watch me kill it without breaking a sweat. I'm Baka Shinji.

>I don't need to work hard at life because I'm Kirino Kosaka

>Heh, I'm A-ko. Watch me get along with C-ko like we were always meant to be and humiliate anyone more deserving.
>What's that? A giant robot? I can kill it in one hit because I'm A-ko.

She's not wrong.

neither was ol' Grimey.

>Frank Grimes
Better than being anime's Salieri.

youtube.com/watch?v=RCB_OcJcDYY

>Look at me! Hi, I'm a worthless pilot, just like Banagher Links! Give me a promotion! Oh I refuse to kill the enemy, but nobody minds. I turned into a Gundam, give me a raise! Now I'm disobeying orders in battle, but it doesn't matter, because I'm Banagher Links! I don't need to fight, 'cause someone else will do it for me. EVEN SO EVEN SO EVEN SO.

>Hey, are you okay Riddhey?

>Oh I'm better than ok. I'm Banagher Links.

>You wish.

>Oh hi Captain Mitas. I'm the worst pilot in the world, time to go to my room and fuck Audrey....what's this? A colony laser? Well I don't need to dodge that, BECAUSE I'M BANAGER LI-

now I want to see the Japanese dub of Frank Grimes.

Ok, i'm tempted to skip 30 years of Gundam History and watch Unicorn right now.

>Oh, I'm sorry. Did my incompetence result in the death of a decent pilot. Well, I better get to pilot the most powerful Mech in the known universe.

>I don't need to use any of my external sensors to win a fight. That's like cheating!

>I get to ride with my old partner into the black hole bomb and be the hero that lives for thousands of years. Why shouldn't I? I'm Noriko!

It's not that good

Don't. Watch early UC first.

Noriko was a cunt. Mother russia is best girl

Never watched the show, but literally saved from Sup Forums half a decade ago.
Someone else will have to verify its accuracy.

Well the whole point of Frank Grimes was to show the inconstancy of the narrative against a more realistic standard. The story just has Homer as a naturally fortunate comedic idiot simply by benefit of the narrative. A realistic character who does not have all the 'plot armor' naturally pales in comparison. I think the same type of writing extends to both Homer and Kirino. Here's an inexplicably perfect existence held up only by contrived narrative. At least Grimes was written with self-awareness in mind. Oreimo openly mocks and lampshades the very idea of becoming self aware about its indulgences. Pic related.

Not worth it.

That's hot

would Naota of FLCL count?

That's pretty apt

Nowhere near enough jealousy or envy. Naota just loves Haruko. He knows he's not ready to love her, knows she's living a whole different life he can't understand but loves her all the same.

He works in the sense that he's "a surrogate of the audience", as was the thought behind Grimes.

Most of his lines seem to be pointing out the absolute absurdity of the world around him.

True enough on that account but unlike Grimes who pointedly rejects the world he's presented Naota passively accepts it.

Who the fuck is frank grimes?

Key supporting character of the second best Simpsons episode ever. After 'You only Move twice'

Excuse me, Cape Fear is the best episode, followed by You Only Move Twice.

>best Simpsons episode ever
>not And Maggie Makes Three
You only move twice is still a fantastic episode though.

Stop that man! He's supposed to die!

I need to watch some classic simpsons now. Best slice of life.

Has anyone else noticed that Homer is no longer retarded? He does and says things in the recent seasons that are pretty intelligent.

>watching new simpsons

Simpsons has just been on too long. Nobody knows what it is anymore it's just not stopping. Give anime Series that at least. Even the most popular shows know when to finally fucking stop.

Understandable, it's perfect.

>watching the simpsons
>watching the simpsons past the 90s

>best Simpsons episode ever
>Not Homer Badman
You Only Move Twice and Homer's Enemy are up there though.

Fuck you, I still like it.

you have terrible taste

K. I take it you've seen every episode so you can make an honest judgement that the new episodes are in fact bad? You watch it too!

Or are you just assuming the past 5 seasons are shit just because it hit a slump between seasons 8 and 20?

I bet you like Family Guy too.

Probably the first time I see someone in Sup Forums defending new Simpsons.

fucking wondergirl

very nice

I am literally going to marry Azusa.

Not every episode is fantastic, and overall the quality is nowhere near the seasons 2-6 level.

There have been a few great episodes though. "A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again" stands among the pack as outright fantastic. I can't recommend that episode enough.

I can't deny the ten year slump though, it's probably even longer than that. For the longest time the show was just plain awful, every episode was the same. The last few seasons they seem to be at least trying. Less crappy B-plots and "stronger" main stories.

I am literally Azusa

Opposed to figuratively marrying her?

I don't know who that is.

You men
At least get it right

Moot

>What's that. you want me to give away people's personal information? Well give me lots of money because I'm Mark Zuckerberg!

She is more like Lisa though

She's Poochie.

You're a dipshit

People kept watching for a while after season 9 (which is more or less the end of the golden age of the Simpsons), but not with the same dedication, and most agree that it's nowhere near as good as it used to be since the classic simpsons writers all left, and the replacements are shit.

It shows whenever people stumble upon new Simpsons episodes on TV. One of the few good things about it is that it's rarely offensively bad like Family Guy. But then again, that's the problem, too, it's just bland as fuck.

I thought about that the other day; early Simpsons is legitimately an SoL. There's a vague sense of the passage of time and continuity between episodes.

Pretty much any Sitcom is a SOL really.

>Simpsons OP reference on Sup Forums

Is Amos 'n' Andy a sitcom though? Though that would be going way back to when "sitcom" literally meant "situation comedy".
I totally buy that something like M*A*S*H is an SoL; it's practically iyashikei.
But some sitcoms are clearly frozen in time. What kind of "life" is that, where no one ages and things never change? Are the Golden Girls living consistent lives, or is the show just a series of skits that happen to feature the same characters?

*Is Amos 'n' Andy an SoL

Tomo is fucking obnoxious.
Worst girl on that show by far.
Azusa got a bit more attention that she deserved at the start of S2, but she made a nice focal point for the series

Unicorn is a UC Gundam circlejerk, so you may as well just not watch it if you haven't watched the rest

Pls Sup Forums has always liked early simpsons.

That's kind of the point of her. It shows her flaws and also where her flaws become beautiful additions along with when they create character dissonance. If you don't love Tomo when she starts the entire school cheering for Chyo-chan becoming the valedictorian you have no heart.

>Homer Badman
>Your tears say more than real evidence ever could
I doubt that the new writers have the wits to do an episode like that again.

Well, I'm on episode 21, and she spends most of the series being a huge brat. I might not be so hard on her if she din't go to Yomi's house just to laugh at her letter.

>Implying the situation wasn't funny and Tomo had every right to laugh at figuring out Yomi had written in to a radio talk show about her dieting struggles.

>Implying it didn't help them bond some more.

>Implying Yomi and Tomo aren't best friends deep down.

Maybe they won't go to the amusement park and will come to visit me instead.

*Phone rings*

HI! Yomi? We're getting on the rollercoaster now, so I'm gonna let you hear it all live!

This. Tomo is an ass but usually she tries to motivate everyone into have fun which is a nice adition for girls like Yomi and Chiyo who dedicate a wee bit to much to study or Sakaki who stress too.kuch about meniap stuff. They also help Tomo to focus when necessary and mantain her moral compass in check so they support each i other. It also helps karma usually strikes fast and hard when Tomo is going overboard. I like her a lot.

>implying they aren't lesbians

Doubtful. Tomo got just too intrigued by Nyamo's sex talk about men abd Yomi isn't so corncerned about her figure jyst because of Tomo for sure. Also the show came iut a couple years before the big boom that made yuri a mainstream concept in anime.

It was kind of the catalyst for the big Yuri explosion. AzuDai was the first time a show could stand up with just being adorable girls. Not really fair, though because it's much better written than any CGDCT series since. But as for the Yuri elements fans liked the combative relationship between Tomo and Yomi, the Rivalry between Kagura and Tomo also Kagura and Sakaki. Some were also drawn to Chiyo's easygoing relatoinship with the sexy, athletic mysterious but ultimately socially awkward Sakaki. It was clear that the next cute high school girls anime could get away with focusing more on relationships and less on good jokes. When lucky star came out and Konata started making frequent passes at Kagami the movement really started to pick up steam. All the way to Yuru Yuri, Yuyushiki and beyond.

The Bart.

Funny that the show kinda mocked yuri with the presence of Kaorin.

It was about more than that. In a way it talked about self pity and jealousy being some of the worst things a person can have. 'Ol Grimey and neko have that in common. They are both terrible human beings.

Hey, it may have stopped being utterly superior after season 9, but it still was very good for a while, then above average, then, well, you know.
I miss Troy McClure more than anything ;_;

The other day I found out that Krusty was originally supposed to be Homer's secret identity and real job. It all makes so much sense now.

Yes, Tomo being an obnoxious busybody every fucking episode is HILARIOUS. It's not a routine that gets old, and doesn't show how inconsiderate she is about pretty much anyone who isn't herself.

Maybe if there were more scenes of her actually being a friend, but no. She spends most of her time being fucking obnoxious

Her chemistry in the group makes the overall dynamic work and she gives herself just enough charm to have an endearing side. Azumanga wouldn't work as well as it does without Tomo. She's a crucial ingredient. Even more so in the manga.