Overlord

Overlord thread

Release date for Vol. 10 is May 30th
Digital preview of the 'official' Vol. 1 TL:
store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/overlord-vol-1-1

Other urls found in this thread:

bookdepository.com/Overlord-Novel---The-Undead-King-Vol-1-Kugane-Maruyam-So-bin/9780316272247
iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/animals-can-be-giant-jerks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spoilers soon

Reminder that Shalltear is no longer a eldritch abomination, but a rabbit.

CUTE
U
T
E

I wonder who will die this volume

Can I touch Sebas' beard?

That depends. He has a type, you know.

Damn, we really need updated not-tortured art of her

What?

Yenpress.

>"You’re crazy if you didn’t get wet! Maybe you weren’t made pure at all—maybe you’re just frigid! Hm? You big-mouthed gorilla!”

>“You dirty rabbit!”

New translation calls her a rabbit instead of a lamprey

user, changing around the order of Japanese names is not exclusive to book and videogame localizations. Pick up a newspaper that mentions a Japanese public figure like Shinzo Abe, or a history book that mentions a Japanese person like Hideki Tojo. For better or for worse, convention tells us to reverse Japanese names even as we leave Chinese and Korean names alone.

>shalltear is know a dirty rabbit
i know that yenpress would fucked this up

I want to fug the bunny

Ooya chibisuke

I've got bones inside me too!

I get what this change is going for, but holy shit this might as well be fanfiction.

>I get what this change is going for
What the hell were they going for by translating it incorrectly?

>Just finished Vol 6
Jesus christ I can't get enough, I love how Ainz-sama has to cover for the fact that he isn't as smart as Demiurge with his tricks. Also he fucking sent those humies who were captured to that slaughter, I love this man

An user from the previous thread said that they wanted to play up the size difference between Shalltear and Albedo, but it's still a flimsy justification, since lampreys are tiny and much more fitting for Shalltear than a rabbit.

Poor Ainz. He'll get there eventually though. He's smart but he just needs more experience with this kind of stuff.
In the meantime though at least his bullshit and acting abilities make up for it all.

Calling her a lamprey wouldn't be much of an insult because that's pretty much what she is.

Ditto for gorilla though since Albedo's true form is supposed to be a gorilla.

They are insulting by nature however since neither of them probably like their true forms.

Yeah, but it's the tone in which it was used, they go on to add, "The SBs created me that way, are you unhappy with that?"

Much like said. Neither of them wants to insult the SBs, even if they're not entirely happy with the decisions which went into their designs. Even being unhappy with that design could be considered treason to the SBs, which is why they try not to think about it.

Now binge Vol. 7
Vol. 7 and 9 are probably my favorites. 7 has a great horror atmosphere going for it

6 and 9 are the best to me, mainly because Nazarick actually makes big moves in the surface world in both.

I liked vol 7, though the adventurers dindu nuffin gets annoying after a while.

You mean the workers right they're not actually adventurers thought.

Workers, right, whatever, I want to see >impregnation >egg >insect >mind break doujins of Imina and Hekkeran.

Tried to buy official volume 1 off Amazon but
>Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 weeks.
>Arriving 8 Jun - 14 Jun

Try The Book Depository.

bookdepository.com/Overlord-Novel---The-Undead-King-Vol-1-Kugane-Maruyam-So-bin/9780316272247

It seems more like they were going for something related to "multiplying like rabbits", given the situation. But it just sounds weird the way they wrote it.

>multiplying like rabbits
That doesn't really make any sense.

>once a boy whose love of games in the real world brought him only loneliness, now a skeletal sorcerer.
>boy

That's the old YP summary, they made a new one recently and actually got it right.

It only took them five tries too.

The idiom can mean to have a lot of babies or to have a lot of sex. Rabbits are notorious for breeding like crazy. The intent on the edit would be to have Albedo insult Shaltear's lust for the boner.

Didn't she say literally "lamprey" in the original? Did they misread it as "lapin" (bunny)?

>Dirty rabbit
>Big mouthed gorilla
I like the new insult better, suits it better then just outright calling a vampire a vampire as a insult.

If that were the intent they would have changed the gorilla insult as well, since Albedo is literally a gorilla in her true form

That's been speculated, we haven't seen it yet.

They probably misread lamprey (yatsume unagi) for rabbit (usagi).

What's the lewdest animal, anyway?

The ones raping baby seals.

I dunno, you bottlenose dolphin doesn't sound quite right.

It is sea otters , user.
iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/animals-can-be-giant-jerks

Don't dolphins (try to)rape everything that moves including swimmers?

What are you guys thoughts on YP Cocytus? CAPTIALISING EVERY LETTER seems out of character for him.

It makes him stand out too much. Doesn't fit the character, he was designed as a humble samurai like his maker.

Capital letters are an alternative form of lowercase letters, katakana is an alternative form of hiragana. You know how Type-MOON uses Shiki and SHIKI or Emiya and EMIYA to distinguish between characters

The japanese language has no equivalent to capital letters and Katakana are used to denote foreign terms and loan words. Using katakana = capitals is a false equivalency.

How about italics? Those are sometimes used in English to denote foreign terms.

That's just a change in fonts and not in characters, though. Japanese does not allow for that much distinction, alas.

Some user in the previous thread suggested that they use smallcaps instead. It sort of works (though it would remind me of Discworld's Death).

drama CD will be releaced on December 26th.

Oh boy
Hopefully another volume by that time too

What will it be about?

Looks like a manga thing. I shall decipher as much as possible:

Super Luxurious Drama CD & "Special Production" Bill for the Strongest World Conquest

Overlord 6 Special Edition

I got the feeling that Demiurge knows ainz is not handling things as flawlessly as the others would like to believe , so he covers for him because he is still the beloved master that stayed behind.

Will the humans ever get some slack?

You guys reminded me about my fanfic and cyoa back in the old days..

Depends where the baby showed up. Which floor? Heck if he ended up in the 8th floor and found by Victim he still have a higher % of living vs like being found by Lupu at floor 9.

Looks like you are right. Unagi is probably misread as Usagi.

The deeper it is found, the more suspicious it is and thus, the higher likelihood of it either being dissected or killed.

How will Evileye react be when she hears the guild master's speculations that Momon is royalty from a kingdom destroyed by vampires and is hunting them in order to seek vengeance for his family and she realises that he might be an heir to the throne of the kingdom she herself destroyed in the past.

That's some heavy shit.

It would be dissected by Demiurge to find out how he managed to make its way so far.

Not to mention that Momonga was a fan of big breasts.

>buyfagging intensifies

At this point I think she'd just kill herself.

>MISUNDERSTANDINGS: BONE EDITION!

Death by sudoku?

>Ainz goes crazy, realising that there is a flaw in the Nazarick Defenses that would allow even a baby to slip through.

>Demiurge starts producing babies at the happy farm to figure out if all babies share this special property of being able to ignore defenses and starts to ponder how to weaponize them.

>The deeper

Actually it really depends found by who. Floor 1, by random mook, dead.
Floor 9, by Pestonya, not dead.

Needless to say, Albedo will know about it and Ainz would be informed too, since there is an outsider that ended up in Nazarick.

But that was like 200years ago! That means Momon is not a human bean but a skeleton!

>She decides to try and turn him into a Vampire when he is sleeping so she can use Vampire's charm.
>Momon doesn't sleep. He only waits.

Well, he's just an heir. Maybe his parents grandparents and great grandparents have been seeking revenge and eventually passed it down to him.

It's not an impossible thing to think that the main family had a secret breeding programming in order to combine the bloodlines of royalty and multiple godkin and Momon is the result of that secret program.

All according to Ainz's keikaku.

Pestonya best dog

No Nigredo no buy

>HE SLEEPS WITH HIS ARMOR ON!?!?

Well damn. She looks creepier than I thought.

>creepier
Nigga she look cute as fuck, I thought she would be furry as shit.

She already theorized that Momn maybe a godborn, so longer than average lifespan wouldn't impossible.

So if her eyes are hidden how could Tsuare see her 'gentle eyes'?

>anthropomorphic dog
>not furry
are you retarded?

Well from the LN it is said, other then her head is a dog, the rest of her is a 11/10 female body.

>Re-Estize goes to shitter economically, militarily and politically to the point that living in a forest as a hermit might be preferable.
>Baharuth Empire's leader has turned super paranoid to the point that Fluder Paradyne escaped the country and the military is completely demoralised.
>Slane Theocracy goes crazy as they think they might have accidentally attacked one of their own gods and is failing to hold up to their foreign obligations.
>Dragonic Kingdom is having their shit pushed in.

>The only stable, prosperous and functional country in the region is Nazarick.
>Ainz purposefully drove the other countries to state of incompetence and paranoia in order to create a contrast for brilliance of the Kingdom of Nazarick.
>Nazarick shall be the light that shines in the dark and everyone will be drawn to it like moths to a flame.

Yeah, I thought she would be way more grotesque, when can I have a loving threesome with Pestonya and Nigredo?

Sasuga Ainz-sama, he does not dominate with tyranny but inspires with virtue.

>Sebas says only Sous-chef can cook in Nazrick
>Pestuni described as 10/10 chef
>as far as we know Entoma can do pretty damn good kebab (just don't where did she get the meat)
Sebas turned out to be shit tier boss who don't knows about the strong points of his underlings.

He was desperately trying to make up an excuse to let Tsuare stay in Nazarick without being made to work on the happy farm.

Great plan made by this Ainz fellow, would be great to meet him to ask what this all means.

I'm getting this itch to reread past volumes before vol 10 comes, which one would be good?

Vol 9 Vol 9 and vol 9.

Volume 6 is good.

Perfect, that's just what I had in mind.

SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT

Imagine Ainz holding the hands of his little Dark Young as the run around in puddles going SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH and bleating in delight.

Vol 3 and6 Were my faves.

Some parts of 4 was really good. Otherwise one of the worse books sadly bc it was the first we got to see of best

8 was the worst