Don't look so surprised

Don't look so surprised
I'm your fucking old anime thread

Are you using the same image every time?

natsumi is the best girl

I love Angel Cop, but it's hot garbage.

wuts good like GTO?

No, he only used it twice, and even if he did it wouldn't be a fucking problem, now shut the fuck up you piece of shit.
Your mom's hot garbage, you wouldn't know a good anime if it kicked you in the balls.

Why are you so mad, bro?

Because you're once again trying to brush the fact that Angel Cop is great under the rug instead of outright admitting it.

But it isn't.
It has some nice animation, and a hilarious dub, but the plot is shit and the characters are mostly unlikable cunts.

It's very typical OVA tripe from the 90s, to me, it's like a Chuck Norris, Van Damme or Seagal movie, some of the action is alright, but the movies they typically star in are just goddamn awful.

>only used it twice
>only
Nice try. This sort of shit is how generals get accepted.

OH SHIT
HE'S A FUCKING LOBSTER

I'm watching Kounai Shasei right now and it's fantastic and hilarious. It stands perfectly balanced in the border between obscenity and pure charm, I have no idea how the original author and director managed to achieve this.

>the plot is shit
Its only flaw is that the conspiracy stuff is forgotten along the way and then solved in a rushed manner at the end.
>And the characters are mostly unlikable cunts
they aren't endearing, but they aren't unlikable either. They are very memorable, badass, and have a lot of personality. In fact, we progressively get to see their softer side as they're confronted to more and more extreme situations and that makes them more interesting than your typical 80s action anti-hero. The term "anti-hero" gets thrown around a lot to describe characters like those played by Norris, Van Damme and Seagal, but most of the time they're just moody heroes with extreme methods. In Angel Cop, our protagonist starts out as a REAL asshole, but her personality gets more nuanced and sympathetic along the story without relying on bullshit backstory drama or romance.

In fact the same could be said of the mad scientist, the terrorists and the other crazy psychics. There's a steady escalation of horror and violence that ends up making antagonistic characters sympathetic by comparison, a lot like in The Keep where each new threat tops the previous ones and makes us change our perspective. And that's a much, much bolder move from a story perspective than just making the protagonist tough and inexpressive. We rarely get action flicks that are so uncompromisingly dark.

I understand if you still didn't like Angel at the end of the OVA (cause she's still a bitch) but I at least wanted her to survive and to defeat Lucifer. I cared about that bitch, and the colorfulness of her one-liners helped too.

>Some of the action is alright
in Angel Cop's case, all of the action is top-notch. Some of it even ended up in The Matrix.

As I said it's not perfect, but even the conspiracy stuff being rushed is of little consequence due to the progressive shift in perspective and stakes, that makes it seem trivial by comparison, and even if it's not intentional it still works.

If it were only for me, /m/ would have been turned into /ra/ and all gundamfags would have been banned long ago.
But we have to do with what we're given and if we have to create a general, so be it. Better circlejerk between fanboys than have all discussion about old anime be swallowed in a sea of shitposts about recent shows.

>if we have to create a general,
You don't. So don't do it.

>You don't
as I said, the alternative isn't acceptable and the downsides are negligible

>the alternative isn't acceptable
The alternative is to just have normal old anime threads every once in a while, like we've been doing for a long time.
How is that unacceptable?

>from time to time
yeah, every two days or so
Isn't that what you consider a general?

>"GENERALS REEEEEEEE"
>still accept thread that are nothing but generals without the name and post in those
Sup Forums is nothing but a bad joke. No wonder the rest of Sup Forums hate you.

A general isn't measured by the frequency of threads.
It's the frequency of threads in relation to how much there is to discuss.

Old anime threads don't need to come every two days. They usually LAST at least a day. Once a week is probably plenty.

>Old anime threads don't need to come every two days
99% of Sup Forums threads don't need to exist, they're mostly just circlejerks and shitposts that are AT LEAST as cancerous as a general. Sup Forums could easily be considered a general in its own right if we're judging it by its systematic tendency to shitpost and circlejerk.

Why aren't you making threads about how Sup Forums posters need to stop making so many goddamn threads about nothing important?

>99% of Sup Forums threads don't need to exist,
>appeal to worse problems

>Sup Forums could easily be considered a general
>missing the point of the problem with generals

>Why aren't you making threads [that don't belong on Sup Forums]
>random shitposting

I wasn't even saying your thread is necessarily bad. People were saying that going out of your way to maintain a continuity between the threads is a step in the wrong direction.
What is wrong with you?

You just come off as having double standards. Like, if you can tolerate Sup Forums being a shithole, why complain about this thread becoming a general?
And I don't think OP went out of his way to make this post similar to the previous thread, if anything it helps people who are just looking for old anime threads identify it quicker.

>It's an "anime is good in the good old days" thread

>if you can tolerate Sup Forums being a shithole,
Are you retarded?
I am arguing with you in this very instant because I am not tolerating shit on Sup Forums.

>I don't think OP went out of his way to make this post similar to the previous thread,
Pic related.

>if anything it helps people who are just looking for old anime threads identify it quicker.
No, it doesn't.
People looking for particular images are precisely what you want to avoid when you don't want an establishment of generals. And "old anime" is a very obvious tag.

I respect the fact that you restrained from frogposting, but that doesn't prevent your post from being a shitpost.

You do realize that coming up with new ideas for a new OP is actually harder than just re-using previous ones, right?
Therefore, making a different OP each time you wanna discuss the same subject would actually require you to go out of your way. Not the opposite.

>I am arguing with you in this very instant because I am not tolerating shit on Sup Forums.
No no no. You're arguing with me right now because you're under the delusion that making this thread a general would somehow make Sup Forums worse than it already is, which is hardly even conceivable.

>Therefore, making a different OP each time you wanna discuss the same subject would actually require you to go out of your way. Not the opposite.
If he watched any old anime since September then he should have gotten his hands on a new screenshot to use. Why make a thread for old anime if he doesn't care enough to watch a single one?

>No no no. You're arguing with me right now because [...]
You realize that despite the triple negative at the beginning you are not actually disagreeing with me, right?

Wrong and wrong

you have no good reason to argue. making this thread a general wouldn't be a significantly bad thing. Not bad enough to even justify arguing this long with me.

And just copy-pasing the same OP is effortless. Just because you watch a bunch of anime doesn't automatically mean you're gonna use different pics every time.

Your fears are illegitimate, and your assumptions are based on them rather than on experience.

delete this general no one uses

>making this thread a general wouldn't be a significantly bad thing.
Actually it would.
Because it would mean that this becomes a mini-community that is inaccessible to the greater Sup Forums. That's what generals are.

>And just copy-pasing the same OP is effortless
It requires you to keep the old files around or otherwise collect them from the archive when otherwise you could just use any image and type out two words. Reusing an old OP literally takes more work.

>wrong
If you can't even understand the implications of what you said yourself then I don't know how to help you. It means you lack basic capacity for logic.
I'll try anyway, just once more.
Whether or not I am under the delusion that I am helping, or whether I am actually helping, that won't change my perspective and thus it also means that either way I have the same motivation.
You are fucking stupid.

>that is inaccessible to the greater Sup Forums
>that is inaccessible to shitposters who don't care about old anime in the first place

not a bad thing

your motivation is illegitimate because it's delusional.

That's what I've been trying to make you understand for way too long
>Reusing an old OP literally takes more work.
less imagination
less work

now shut up forever

>>that is inaccessible to shitposters who don't care about old anime in the first place
Incorrect.
A general community is not the same as the fanbase of a particular show (or group of shows).
A general community is just the community of the general.

>not a bad thing
Yes, a bad thing. You can't discuss certain manga/anime anymore unless you're willing to step into places that have long stopped being Sup Forums.

>your motivation is illegitimate because it's delusional.
Moving the goal-posts.
You are racking up the logical fallacies, I see.

>less imagination
Since when doe sit take imagination to take a screenshot or write "old anime"?

Just get the fuck out of Sup Forums.

Now kiss and make up.

I don't kiss girls.

>starting a senseless argument right off the bat
>arguing for ~2 hours
Why can't Sup Forums be devoid of newfags? Why can't ANY board be devoid of newfags?