First time watching this and what's the appeal? Seems like a softcore hentai

First time watching this and what's the appeal? Seems like a softcore hentai.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5TXSGPnFZCw&list=PL4B469EE837B46149&index=9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MI MI MIRAKURUN! MIKURUN RUN!

>newfags on the board

Lurk more.

It goes full sci-fi/fantasy a few episodes in and does this cool dance between "slice of life high school anime" and "normal high school student pulled into a world of intrigue and mystery", plus a whole bunch of other genres.

[spolier]haruhi a qt[/spoiler]

it was the start of the moeshit genre, stay clear clear.

There's a part where Haruhi almost gets punched in the face and it was the biggest clockblock I've ever had.

>he manually types out spoiler tag

There isn't any. Just a lot of losers masturbating to Haruhi's stupid tsundere-ness.

A 10/10 movie

>this newfag idiot is so stupid he thinks he knows what started moeshit

> Hentai
> Softcore

>Photooffolderofphotosofpuzzledlookinggirlswithinterrogationmarksabovetheirheads.maymay

> Haruhi
> Hentai
Your wet Haruhi dreams don't count, Kisama.

Yeah, Hirano's voice is pure sex.

Just watch it original broadcast order and you should get the gist of it.
Seriously though, that first episode is one of my favourite introductions ever. It doesn't tell you a damn thing but prepares you perfectly.

Haruhi could surpass any anime past 2011.

Kyoani really pulled off the bad amateur movie. One of my fav episodes of all times

>yfw that was not supposed to be the first episode

>Hirano
who?

It's bizarre to think about the amount of effort and skill that must've gone into simulating a complete lack of either in addition to making sure it falls into 'so bad it's good'.
Well that's what it was aired as. The original broadcast order makes for a much better show.

Do you play bass by any chance?

Broadcast is chronological.
When it first aired season 1 was all over the place but when season 2 came out they re-aired season 1 filling in the parts it goes. They want you to watch it chronologically.
Watching season 1 and then season 2 is pointless.

This is the fanservice thread right?

Pretty good show 8/10, there are some moments where haruhi is a complete bitch but over all enjoyable

It's from the third season isn't it. I didn't like it.

Is always the bass player that doesn't get laid kek

>lolrandumxD shit that spoils the finale around episode 3-4
>much better

Chrono order also leads into the movie better which is a must for Haruhi.

Here's something from the second season then.

You can't spoil Someday in the Rain, you need knowledge to understand what's happening in it (so yeah it's better to watch it after the 26 first episodes)
Both orders have their cons and pros, I'd go for chrono personally because of the movie

oh, you are talking about hatuhi's japanese voice actor, right?

the most overrated show I can think of, watch the series just so you can get to the godtier movie

I would agree if not for how much of S2 is crap or E8. The show's first season is by far its strongest and it is best presented in its original broadcast order.
That said I can see the argument for both.
>lolsochronoxD shit that frontloads all of the story leaving you with a very uneventful next 22 or so episodes
>Much better
I can do it too.

Yup this guy is definitely a bass player

Self-inserting into smart, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor harem protagonist Kyon.

Kyon is fun, though. He's also the most successful effort at the cynical kind of asshole but not really protagonist and it's actually a part of his development.

Nagaru Tanigawa is an amazing writer. The way he narrates the story through Kyon's eyes is smart, clever, and very amusing.

The narration of the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is mostly relaxed, moving the plot slowly with many interesting and detailed elements along the way that have long lasting repercussions in the world that it's trying to portray, which prompts the reader to ponder on every situation that's taking place at a given time; all of it with plethora of references to science, theology, history, and philosophy.
Despite all of these aforementioned topics in the story, it doesn't take itself too seriously. Welcoming readers of all ages to dive into it.

Simply put, it's really fun to read. As for the anime, it does a really good job at plastering the feel of the light novel into a tv show. I don't really have any objections (except for those 8 episodes from season 2, which only lasted one chapter of around 20 pages in the LN, but whatever).
The movie does even a better job than the anime did (which is crazy, if you compare it to so many other failed attempts at doing this (F/SN UBW 2010 as an example)). It's so well directed, and captures every moment so well that I believe it to be an even superior form of experiencing the 4th volume of the LN series.

By today standards, the Haruhi Suzumiya series would be considered a tad generic in the field of slice of life/sci-fi anime. However, as this is one the main franchises that ignited that period where so many other series followed - much like Evangelion did back in the mid 90's - this one does the best job at filling that role in the genre.

There wasn't any, the thing about Haruhi being a reality warper and whatnot was kinda interesting but she just came off as a cunt and no amount of LOL SO RANDUMB XP helped

Dropped it on 3rd episode, don't get meme'd by nostalgiafags

Can you link mal of the person that wrote this?

I'd just like to say that as somebody who only got around to Haruhi relatively recently it hasn't aged a day. While I've certainly seen things attempting to ape it I cannot name a similar show that has the same heart or sense of imagination to it. Haruri is the original, accept no substitutes.

Agreed.
Kyon's reasonings and foreshadowing are genuinely well-done.

Oh yeah, there's a quick way of doing it.

I'm just so used to typing it out from other websites I barely even notice doing it anymore.

The appeal is that kyon is mc that actually resembles actual human being complete with his reasoning

The only thing that's really dated about it is the artstyle in S1. While it still holds up the big, wide keyish eyes Haruhi had back then was practically a stable of the mid 2000's.

Well... actually I just wrote that. I though nobody was going to read it. Thanks.

Wow I wasn't expecting to hear that. It's great that Haruhi Suzumiya is still as novel as it used to. For the Haruhi series, it means more prestige, and for the anime industry, it goes to show that no one is willing to accept freak and clever authors like Tanigawa anymore. What a shame...

It's the little things, like how when he's asking himself what Haruhi is to him he first goes to a convenient circular statement, then calls himself on it, then works through what she represents to everybody else and eventually arrives at the fact that she makes him rock hard when she's wearing a ponytail.
Probably why it's just about the best kiss scene in anime despite not resolving a damn thing.

All jokes aside her voice is absolutely fantastic.

Looks like someone watched the first chronological episode and kept rewinding to where Haruhi groped Mikuru's boobs.

It's the only part my niece remembers, too.

Good to see other fans of the Haruhi series around. Too bad it lost almost all its former glory. With so many delays and inconsistencies at publishing the volumes, it's really tough to be a Haruhi fan and remain hopeful for something "new", whatever it may be, anime, flim or volume.

I think I lost interest in anime at around the same time Tanigawa went on hiatus. And nowadays, I just keep an eye for any remakes or updates from my old favorites, like F/SN, Dragon Ball Super or Berserk.

youtube.com/watch?v=5TXSGPnFZCw&list=PL4B469EE837B46149&index=9

I miss those years.

Watched an episode of Yuki-chan every once in a long time, and I finally finished the thing. Kyon has some good taste for choosing alien Yuki over moeblob Yuki. Best girl truly won.

Fuck I forgot about that. I tried to read the manga, but man it was so unbearable.

It was definitely designed to target the otaku audience while ignoring everyone else. I didn't even bothered with the anime. So... is it any good?

He also chose happy Haruhi over depressed and downtrodden Haruhi and happy but cockblocked esper guy over depressed and not getting anywhere anyway not esper guy.
And, you know, happy kind of enjoying the adventure and his time with Haruhi Kyon over dull generic student Kyon.
The point is that it was all around the best choice.

That scene when Kyon first found alternate Haruhi was incredible. They took one of the most cliché scenes of the alternative universe/time travel story and gave it so much weight.

This. She sounds pretty energetic and feminine.

>is it any good?
Episodes 10 - 13 are great. Everything else is garbage.

Nice to see some Haruhifags still around. I hope we can get a continuation someday.

>It was definitely designed to target the otaku audience
Not even man.

Even Otaku hated this shit, the biggest issue of Yuki-chan is that it portrays Yuki completely out of character as an ultra pandery moeblob. Sure Nagato had emotions in disappearance, and her characterization as a rei clone would appeal to Otaku. But you can't sell a spinoff series about a character with them acting completely out of character.

It won't last much longer.

EIGHT
FUCKING
WEEKS

YES I'M STILL MAD