Can someone explain how/why humor is developing in such a mediocre way?

Can someone explain how/why humor is developing in such a mediocre way?

Reddit was the absolutely most cancerous form of humor I've ever come across. The absolute lack of humor dumbed down to an infinite is baffling.

absurdist comedy doesn't pose the threat politically that cynical "THINK FOR YOURSELF" comedy does. Carlin and Hicks are rolling in their graves right now.

Neither of them were funny though, especially Carlin.

What's "think for yourself" comedy?

>implying Hicks is dead

i specifically watched it because Sup Forums said it wasn't funny, and i was actually amused. it's a good episode, you lied to me Sup Forums, pickle rick episode was hilarious

are all these rick and morty threads some kind of viral marketing for the rick and morty show?

Hicks is on infowars these days, his new stage moniker is Alex Jones. He's become right wing now, research it.

Agreed. His routines were so bad, especially the parts where he just recites a lame 3 minute jingle that really makes you think. Like most pop culture we're cursed with, the Boomers are gonna have to die before we stop hearing Freebird and ACDC on the radio and in movies for the ten millionth time.

Why is Reddit obsessed with this show and Futurama?

Rick is like a Hunter S Thompson for degenerates. Old, drunk, wise but Hunter ain't no degenerate lol

>Hicks

Still alive.

This. Carlie was simply the boomer version of Dane Cook. All he did was piece together pop culture iconography so the audience could say, "Hey! I know what that is! Haha! That's funny!"

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A NIGGER MORTY!!

I'M NIGGER RIIIIICK!!

>le contrarian bandwagon filled with good red pilled goys and their tendies

>Can someone explain how/why humor is developing in such a mediocre way?

can't joke about race
can't joke about most religions
can't joke about sexual orientation
can't joke about sex really at all
can't "harass"
so they're left pretending that nihilism is some kind of inside joke
gags from Rick and Morty is just about all they're allowed to enjoy
even when they shill here they have to come up with strange derisive terms like shitlord, pissbaby, and stormweenie because they can't call someone a faggot even on the internet

have you even watched the pickle rich episode? if you did you would know that its amazing.

"comedy" has always been the lowest form of art. There has been a brief period lately where some comics have attained wealth, but ultimately throughout history jesters have been lower class and often forgotten.

Leftists refuse to support anyone remotely controversial. Remember Tough Crowd on Comedy Central? That was the last time anything that strayed from the narrative was allowed on tv. Gen X sources of counterculture like MTV and Gen Y sources of counterculture like South Park are now completely pozzed.The death knell for any medium is when it starts self-censoring. Gen Z doesn't even watch broadcast television and Millennials stick to Netflix pretty much.

Humor is fine, but you find it on podcasts and shitposts here before you'll find it on something advertiser approved which has always been the case for new media.

This

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB MUH NIGGA XDDDDDDD

RARE

Because they were meant to be the butt of jokes.

This. Carlin was cancerous to comedy, and he would be bff with Black Science Guy and Bill Nye the Mechanical Engineering Guy. Reddit incarnate.

>everyone is a mindless slave except the elites and people who buy tickets to a George Carlin show

>boomer version of Dane Cook
I'm dead.

Most Redditors grew up on the side of the internet that was obsessed with bland, generic inoffensive lol xd random humor. Hence why they find shit like Pickle Rick to be genuinely amusing.

>not wanting to hear Freebird all the time
Modern music is shit, rock is dead and all we have are a few stragglers and nu-male """"rock"""". I'd rather listen to the music that has withstood the test of time.