Persona 4 (which I'm aware was a PS2 game first) used Jungian psychology for it's main idea...

Persona 4 (which I'm aware was a PS2 game first) used Jungian psychology for it's main idea. I mean it says it right in the title. What other anime does Sup Forums know that implements psychological elements?

Couldn't you say that about any of the games in the series, then?

Oh wait, you're talking about anime.

That's very true, however, Persona 4 focused more on psychoanalytic psychology (Shadows, True Self, Unconscious) than say, Persona 3. I will not deny the Persona series touches on Jung, but Persona 4 extended on it.

eva
supposedly

>Persona series started with 3

Any and all moe anime by design.

Yes, I've seen all of Evangelion. I do like Freud, but it expanded more on religion. It references Freud, but doesn't truly implement it.

It actually does.

Nice rec thread faggot

>implying people care about what came before it these days
Let's be real here.

Well, yes. I won't deny that. I guess I was a bit stupid with my answer. I know about the fixations of characters and other theories. Sometimes though, it mainly names theories in episodes or songs.

Religion was purely symbolic according to Anno

>but it expanded more on religion
Except that according to the guy who made it that was purely there because "it looked cool".

He said that once, but that doesn't mean there's absolutely no depth to it.

It's summer, Sup Forums is filed with them, basically every other thread boils down to some convoluted way of getting anons to reply with names of various anime.

It's okay user. Shit taste is a common thing these days. Can't be blamed for not experiencing Persona 2.

>he said it had 0 significance other than it looking cool
>this doesn't mean it has 0 significance.
A special kid of special you are.

I heard they re-released it on PSP, so I surely can blame them.

It has significance. Just because someone in an interview asked "What does Evangelion mean?" and he said "it just sounds cool" doesn't mean it doesn't.

your entire thread basically boils down to this.

It's not my thread.

Even if it was, what does Death of the Author have to do with psychological elements in anime?

Forcing your interpretation onto the work when the author has said multiple times that there is no deeper meaning in it is mule'ish.

Well, too bad. This thread isn't even about Eva.

Exactly. It's about anime that implement psychology into the show. Evangelion implements both psychology and religion regardless of the reason. End of discussion.

>literally no religion
The word you are looking for is spirituality anonkun.

Alright. It uses all 3 of these themes then.

It doesn't have a religious theme. A couple of Christian light crosses a religious theme does not make.

There's a hell of a lot more than that.

>Persona 4 focused more on psychoanalytic psychology (Shadows, True Self, Unconscious)

>light crosses determine the religion
Let's look at the Angel names, Adam/Lilith, Soundtrack Names, and the Crucification of Eva 01 shall we?

And the Dead Sea Scrolls, the whole Tree of Life thing.

Mind giving me a reason why that's laughable?

>Persona 4 extended on it.
Nigga, the shadows concept isn't even new to P4. Persona 2 had it before. Heck, they were in a bunch of other RPG too.
Even fucking Lunar had them. LUNAR.

I meant the Shadows as the unconscious, not as enemies. The whole "I'll Face Myself" idea.

There is a difference between using a bunch of religious iconography because it looks cool and having a religious theme. NGE doesn't explore Christianity, it barely touches upon it. It just sticks some Christian term and icons in there for the cool factor, reading more into it than that is retarded.

>I meant the Shadows as the unconscious, not as enemies. The whole "I'll Face Myself" idea.
That's what I'm saying too.

Maybe play the entire series fucktard so you'll stop making retarded allegations

Not sure if you're baiting but it's just anime bullshit and barely touched the topic if you want actual jungian psychology play persona 1 and 2 but be warned cause the gameplay is absolute garbage

He could also stop being an idiot and pick up the books. Whoever plays games to learn about or explore these topics is a certifiable imbecile.

Especially in anime and mango, the only reason jap media even includes all kinds of sciences is for the cool points. It is like how Schrödinger's cat appears in a plethora of anime. I can think of only 1 anime that got the idea behind that thought experiment right, the rest was all about "muh neko nyanya, muh dead and alive at the same time".