Is it just a cultural difference or do the nips truly suck at comedy?

Is it just a cultural difference or do the nips truly suck at comedy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LBurt9KIdoY
youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>reading subs and watching dubs
>expecting to understand Japanese comedy
you are fucking dumb.

That's like hearing Enka and thinking nips suck at singing

No Jews means no modern self-deprecating comedy, which is the basis of modern comedy.

It's Asian humour. You wouldn't understand.

What, not enough fart jokes for you?

I always found anime to be a lot funnier than American cartoons. Futurama/family guy/archer/bobs burgers/etc. just never seemed very funny to me

Now come on, we have to draw a line on how much we can blame on the jews

Americans suck at comedy too

>/thread

Every episode of Baka Test had me laughing. Futurama left me bored as shit

one piece made me laugh pretty hard many times
anything visual comedy is almost void of language barries, that's probably why osomatsu san works too with subs for most of their skits

99% of western cartoons are shit
you gotta watch the good stuff
like the life and times of Tim

It is both but the same can be said for western comedy. Most western comedy is shit, especially modern western comedy.

Remember the Big Bang Theory is considered one of the funniest shows airing and of all time.

Cultural differences. Putting aside Japan specifically, you should expect a lot of difference in humour across regions. Watch some French cartoons and realize how wrong America and Japan both are.

They just don't make em like they used too

Most western references to anime are horribly outdated

Now that I think about it, I really liked Rick and Morty. So there are certainly diamonds out there in the mountain of shit

This. American comedy is shit tier. Futurama, South Park, Family Guy? Probably laughed 3-4 times at these shows back when I still watched TV. American comedy movies are even worse: I can't think of a single one that made me laugh. And worse still are american stand-up comedians. They are so fucking bad.

The only places that I know of that produce content that's actually funny once in a while that I know of are the UK, France and Quebec.

Japanese stuff is about on par with American stuff, at best it'll get a "heh" out of me.

Leela ruined the show, just like that cloud shit from a Regular Show ruined its show, why everything always have to turn into shippershit, that's why anime is better, you don't have to deal with shipperfags.

Is it just cultural difference or do Americans suck at comedy?

Think about it Americans actually need laugh tracks in order to tell them when a joke was just told.

Are you European?

Mexican comedy is pretty good as well.

>South Park
What? This one is consistently hilarious.

>2016
>hurr all anime is Speed Racer with bad broken english dubs

I never got the whole joke have anime parodies talking like old Asian stereotypes in broken english. If anything, dubs tend to be over localized and everyone talks like Americans

Japan's humor is several decades behind the west. I hear they still enjoy things sincerely.

Eh, lately they've been pretty boring. But they've had their moments in the past, no doubt

Mexican? Their comedy is fucking shit tier. Now, Latin American comedy from countries like Argentina, Venezuela or Colombia? That shit's good.

big bang theory doesn't have a laugh track, it's filmed in front of an audience

South Park is the goat when it comes to japanimation parodies.

I'm going to fuck you in front of an audience

That's a terrible excuse then. Why would they film it in front of an audience? For what purpose?

yet they include a laughtrack

They pipe in laughs too when the audience doesn't laugh.

Which is told when to laugh.

The only two anime to make me lose my shit were Fumoffu and Daily Lives of Highschool Boys.

Both of those transcend language barriers completely. You don't even need subs.

youtube.com/watch?v=LBurt9KIdoY

Long running tradition starting with I Love Lucy

The Princess Kenny and Tweek x Craig ones are gold.

>Implying any American cartoon can match any of these

Maybe old Simpsons, but other than that cartoon comedy is fucking garbage.

Keep crying, sudaca :^)

Japanese "nerd" comedy > American "nerd" comedy.

Animes more honest and truthful about how it makes fun of otaku culture with stuff like Comiket, idol stuff, etc. American Comedy still think stuff like Star Trek is relevant or big blockbuster superhero movies and Call of Duty is nerdom. You'll probably never see jokes about bronies jacking off to ponies, or deviantART fetishes. 2ch is portrayed pretty accurately in anime but Sup Forums is generally treated as some kind of hacker terrorist super Secret website in sestern shows.

their comedy is based on puns and absurdity
absurdity is funny when you really animate it like in nichijou and PSG
inba (You)'s
>those are not le funny tho XD

Half that list isn't funny at all. The other half is pretty good though.

Half of your taste is absolute shit, the other half is pretty good though

>American Comedy still think stuff like Star Trek
well, it is again

It's cultural

They can do gag humor pretty well, and Nichibros was relatable enough as a murrican

The ones where they play ninjas is pretty good too. Lets Fighting Love pretty much nails OPs. Down to the random broken English.

>american comedy movie
>THAT'S GOTTA HURT
>fart

I didn't find Seto no Hayame as funny as Sup Forums says, but I still enjoyed it.

Eight seasons and the only punchline is "Look! Nerds!".

There's also memes. Not even jokes about memes just throwing memes into the episode in place of actual comedic effort.

Season 1 was good.

They really got too big for their britches.

Matt and Trey are weebs though, they're knowledgable enough to make functioning jokes

The Simpsons have made decent references in the past as well, namely in their opening couch skits

>Anime parody in a western cartoon/live action show
>Everyone talks like speed racer

Faggot falls of a bike. Repeat a dozen times. How is this funny?

youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

>that one time moot was on law and order
I can see where you're coming from

I think South Park is the funniest out of those three.
Futurama has some really good episodes, and really bad ones
I've never found Family Guy to be funny
I used to watch El Chavo when I was a child.

Futurama is actually funny though you have no sense of humor at all.

The only American comedy I really enjoyed was old Simpsons and Married With Children.

Neither of which will ever be replicated ever again because comedy these days is Family Guy and Big Wang Theory

>Eight seasons and the only punchline is "Look! Sex!".

It must be so awkward to be an actor on this show.

>I used to watch El Chavo when I was a child.

Self-deprecative humor will always be the best. It's also why La India Maria did so well too.

A poorly coded Nintendo 64 Emulator??!! Ehhhhhh!!??

>A poorly coded Nintendo 64 Emulator
They're right.

Why do women do that to their feet?

ALF was the best comedy ever made.

I'm not so sure. I "feel" like it's funny but it's never made me laugh. Maybe slightly smirk? Does that count as funny?

Windows 7 is much more user friendly
I don't like that

>I do something out of the ordinary.
>I slap him and tell him to be ordinary.
COMEDY

I used to watch it, I think I given up on season 3 ... I know they use a laugh track since they all seem to use the exact same laugh track recorded in 1964 in New York.

to appease footfags

in pog form

>french humor
>UK humor
Fawlty towers wasn't funny and neither are you

This. I laughed more at Osomatsu than at any of these. I still like Horse Bojack as the best animated drama comedy though

Well they did put in a lot of star trek references

>what is cable television

But every culture has jokes involving a straight man. I don't think that's exclusively Japan.

Australian standup is pretty good.

The straight man archetype isn't unique to Japan, but bokke tsukkomi comedy is fucking anti-humor.

Am I the only one who found Onizuka and Cromartie insufferably unfunny?

Gintama, Sakamoto and SZS are very good though.

>he fell for the filmed in front of live audience meme

>those retards who try to act like their taste in comedy is somehow objectively superior
>probably has a power level of around ten shows and now considers himself an expert, just like most people who make sweeping generalizations about the writing in the medium

Also, to some degree, this. Japanese and English are extremely different languages, and things inevitably get lost in translation between the two, even assuming that you have a good translator who knows what he's doing.

This isn't a constant, though. Plenty of jokes translate just fine, especially if translator is competent at both Japanese and creative writing.

Ixion Saga was funny.

Most of anime comedy is "absurdity happens and character overreacts to it"
I'll give it to you on puns/wordplay, I've never been big on them though, and I imagine japanese puns wouldn't make me laugh aswell.

Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken is basically a bokke tsukkomi comedy ... I enjoy it, its just bad when the timing is off or when have to point out what the joke is.

Not when it comes to the entertainment industry. You have to willfully ignore how much impact they had on it.

SOL is goat comedy genre

classic simpsons was the only really brilliant comedy show anyway, everything else is lacking somewhere, and all american comedy shows airing right now are shit

It is recorded in front of a live audience, nothing says the laughing is from said audience

The american comedy formula is full of cliches

>le funny burps xD (almost every animated american movie has it)
>farts
>le funny slow motion scenes with distorted voices xD

There, i wrote Dreamworks' next summer blockbuster

I thought Joshiraku was really funny, maybe because I understood the skits.

El Chavo and El Chapulín Colorado are shit, dude, every episode is filled with the same damn joke, and each show has like, 200 episodes

I like some shows from Derbez even if they are hit-or-miss

Also in american comedy, Nathan for You is pretty damn underrated

It's hard to translate certian things though, Japanese is a comedy language, it has a lot of wordplay and puns that will always get lost in translation, like for example Bakemonogatari and other Nisioshit works are heavy on these wordplay and puns.

I really do miss Married With Children. Grew up watching it as a kid and would watch it any chance I got when I caught it on TV in my teen years. Wonderful show.

Now I haven't watched a show that I found consistently and genuinely hilarious since Chappelle's Show and that was over a decade ago.

Kek.
Latinamerican comedy is fucking shit.

>UK
This.
Father Ted is a masterpiece.

>El Chavo and El Chapulín Colorado are shit, dude
I know, I meant Derbez too, especially La Familia P'luche. Some movies like Nosotros los Nobles are nice as well.

>Horse Bojack
I loved it too, he is very relatable

Western comedy
>black ghetto humor
>stoner humor
>LOLPARODY humor
>female comedian vagina humor
Its trash in general.
Pic related and Tim and Eric are the gods though, and make me laugh consistently. Paving the way for irony for decades.