What does Sup Forums think of Darker than Black?

What does Sup Forums think of Darker than Black?

Good, Shit, Good shit or...?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/6573/Darker_than_Black__Ryuusei_no_Gemini
youtube.com/watch?v=-7MyDmijKsk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Personally I thought it was pretty fun to watch. The MC seemed the right amount of edgy, like he was cool and not over the top emo or anything. But if you find yourself enjoying S1 ignore S2, it is incredibly boring.

Good shit, not that good though, the main plot could get a bit nonsensical and lacking in impact but good shit nonetheless.

It's pretty S2 never desu.

Yeah I've already seen both seasons (re-watching 1 because haven't seen it in a few years)

And yeah I more or less agree

It already has season 2 though...
myanimelist.net/anime/6573/Darker_than_Black__Ryuusei_no_Gemini

Best Bones show imo

Really? I liked E7 more, but then again I am a sucker for mecha

How's your first day? Enjoy the stay and the memes.

>The MC seemed the right amount of edgy
This.
Personally my favourite "dark" character because it's not that tacked on. Can't think of any other characters like this that aren't also considered EDGY and generally a shit character because of they're overly antagonistic.

because they're overly antagonistic*

Wasn't Bones doing some promotion shit like a year ago and it had DTB bumper cats on it? What ever came of that.

If you mean on Sup Forums then I'd say my first 4-5 months but oh well

Still waiting for S2.

I think its because Hei has realistic motivations for his actions. Like he kills people, but the show constantly reminds you that he only does it for his job and that he actually has remnants of humanity left.

I thought it was really good, interesting world which set up a lot of interesting concepts and characters that it would have been nice to see properly expanded on in a second season, especially given how the first season ended.

S2 fucking when?

nice bait user, that just takes me to a 404. Can't believe I actually clicked it.

Not just Hei, which is great. In any other show a premise of "people who become cold calculating machines willing to kill" would have every single antagonist be an edgelord but in this they were still characterized as either normal people who also kill or broken people in some way.

E7 had good ideas but the pacing felt horrible to me. And once again, fuck them for trying to market the child abuser as a cool person.
The characters in Darker Than Black also seemed more human, which is kind of ironic in a way.

Like I know its been a thing forever to ignore S2 because it was so awful. But can we just take a moment to appreciate about how the best idea a creative director had was to have a 12 year old girl pull an anti material rifle out of her chest.Just kidding that was my idea for some fanfiction, what do you guys think?

I agree with this wholeheartedly, although I like E7 a lot I will be the first to admit the pacing was very bizarre. Maybe I like it so much because I thought Renton's and Eureka's romance felt super genuine.

I think it might work as like, a two episode filler arc focusing on child contractors.

A NIGHT SKY FULL OF CRIES

>4-5 months

I hope this is bait

Never FUCKING reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.

Really? i was more thinking 12 episodes

The little girl needs to have a twin and you need to bring Mao back if you want this to be believable as fanfiction.

Can I make Hei a drunken pedophile? I feel like h was really missing those character traits in S1.

Wait. Hold on a second. I have a brilliant idea. Let's make the MC an alcoholic hobo for no fucking reason to show character development.

see I like your thinking m8

Please stop.

dark

Don't forget to take away his powers so that he has to rely on the loli to survive.

You're all actually morons. A series of Darker Than Black created to the specifications you're describing would be probably one of the most awful things ever. Stop it.

>I hope this isn't bait

Nope not bait but first time seeing anything about DTB so I get the idea now that S2 doesn't actually exist.

Woah dude chill, its just fanfiction. Its not like you ever have to worry about Bones actually making this the plot of the show. kill me ;_;

HAERTS FULL OF LIES

Oh and you have to turn Yin into a god.

>best idea a creative director had was to have a 12 year old girl pull an anti material rifle out of her chest
Can't tell if you're pretending to be retarded or if you're a legit lost cause.

Jokes on you

The first season was great, second was pretty shitty. It's sort of sad to see what has become of Bones. They used to make some of the best anime originals out there but today's Bones is a shell of their former selves.

Also, does anyone have that screen cap of when the user trolled a mod into banning him, I remember it was a DtB I KNOW I CAN KILL.

Let's not forget about this amazing cover

Whoops accidentally copied the embed code instead of link...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kji-0ceL5yY

>DtB I KNOW I CAN KILL
dude i feel like everyone here has insanely strong ideas. Should we make it a collab project?

accidentally pasted the DtB part my b

>fuck them for trying to market the child abuser as a cool person
I read E7 first because I always had the idea that the anime was adapted and I was surprised at how thoroughly unlikeable Holland was.

In the manga, him punching Renton seemed like a momentary lapse. He'd erred and felt rightly guilty about it. Then in the anime, from what I remember everyone seemed alright with it. He came across as a cunt throughout.

So many good ideas in this thread. Let me add to it.

How about we have a time skip which leaves out a crucial part of the MCs character development and motives and make an OVA out of it. We would make millions!

Should we send these ideas to Bones, I feel like they might like them

We can atleast agree that the OP of the non existent S2 was pretty good though, r-right?

thats some nice fanart man, that loli an OC?

It was probably the same guy correcting his own typo you crossboarder cum.

scum*

Done used the Japanese they taught at my high school.

A good example of how not explaining anything and acting like everyone knows what happened and never talk about it confuses the viewer. I'm still unsure whether it was good to build up mystery or just completely annoying.

fucking based user

Its based as fuck. The 2 episode 'arcs' makes it perfect for rewatching.

Also god tier fight scenes

Furigane is how to pronounce the name. In your case you should have put ๆŽ่ˆœ็”Ÿ(Li'a name) for the name and the name part as furigane.

Some of the best fight scenes still imo with a decent plot especially the characters were all interesting.

Season 2 was okayI enjoyed it

season 1 was good

What I liked s1 a lot more, but I honestly didn't mind s2.

That's fair. I personally found it incredibly disappointing and boring but hey to each his own. If you don't mind me asking, what did you like about S2?

S2 isnt that bad as long as you go S1 > OVA > S2
Actually makes sense that way

Ah I personally went S1>S2. in fact I never watched the OVA because I hate S2 so much :/

Ah I see, they didn't tell us the important stuff just the shit I'd never use. So like this?

I actually watched in that order and still didnt enjoy or fully understand the ending of S2

Its been over half a decade, but I think I just liked July and Suou a lot and their interactions with Hei.

Season 2 is when everyone at Bones got high and drunk and read a Darker than Black fanfic and made an anime about it. Nothing more.

Crossfading, not even once

Interesting. Like you said it has been a while, but If I recall I never minded the character interactions, but I really didn't like Suou's character and what they did with Hei himself.

The end of the world from the prophecy in the Mikata documents were that shota that woke up in the end.

>Whoop
These guys are better than the actual OP

It was so weird to get Amber and C.C. back to back in terms of seasons

I think i would need to rewatch it since right now i can barely piece together the plot of season 2. I think i most vividly remember some stupid sidestories about that faget kid and the reporters. I dont really wanna see it again though. I think i will be just fine with my barely coherent memories.

I just remember the loli shaking her flat tummy everywhere. All I need in this life

I actually enjoyed the OVAs. They had a ton of Hei-Yin interaction, which I couldn't get enough of. They're certainly better than S2.

I want to fuck a cripple

Very overrated.

Honestly show is just decent but this board loves the fuck out of it for some reason.

Its okay. Hei is the best part of it, the whole Amber plot came in really late and wasn't interesting at all. Being episodic there was alot of hit or miss arcs.

S2 had a bad story but the action kept up

God tier.

I liked S2. Not as much as S1 but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Madoka is overrated, Darker Than Black is not. As long as you pretend s2 and the OVA don't exist.

Yeah, especially how they both played the old-yet-young mentor type who want to fuck the MC.

If they could go back and mix DTB and DTB2 into one good show that would be great.

Like take the good stuff from DTB2 but not make the child the MC.

>Darker Than Black is not
Because you wasn't here when DtB aired?

I was on /m/ mostly around that time.

The OVAs and Manga were amazing. The manga needs to be the S2 that we never got.

Love this song.

youtube.com/watch?v=-7MyDmijKsk

Everyone here is still gay for Hei.

There's already a season 2 (sort of), and Iรจm doubtful there's going to be a 3rd season.

A movie adaptation would not be bad

Yasushi Ishii is a god. I cannot fucking wait for the Drifters anime.

>If you mean on Sup Forums then I'd say my first 4-5 months but oh well
>I'd say my first 4-5 months but oh well

Like it's something to be proud of, faggot. Lurk moar.

i fucking love tights

Oh, I also made a similar fanfic,I called it "mahou Suou"