4.44 is going to suck

4.44 is going to suck.

who cares. kys

4.44 may be a miracle in some ways, albeit 3.0 was so garbage that it's pretty much impossible.

4.44 will never do all of the characters justice, though. That much is for certain.

I'll probably be quite entertained as I do consider myself a die hard Eva fan at heart. But those feelings are bleak right now...like dead inside, and it's all due to 4.0's delay.

I feel nothing for the series right now.

>posting Kaworu
You never were a real die hard Eva fan. Hence how you feel nothing for the series, only the potential homo you'll get.

Somebody post that interview where he says he didn't watch Eva until like 10 years later and was surprised it was interesting.

Anno is too far removed from how he was when he made NGE too ever make something that good again, or at least something Eva related. The plot will be super-duper interesting, and the movie will probably be "great" all around, but Sup Forums will still hate it, just like they hated 3.33 for no reason

Too far removed from being a fedora-tipping faggot.

>for no reason
you not accepting their reasons doesn't mean they have no reasons, big difference
ever since people got their first hands on the movie they did nothing but complain about various reasons why they were disappointed with 3.33

> hated 3.33 for no reason
>for no reason
top kek.

What is so wrong with liking Kaworu?

I'm not one of those cringey Shinji-Kaworu shippers, I've always liked Kaworu because of who he was as a character and his metaphorical position in the show.

He was a complete badass during the last half of episode 24, being all smug and shit.

He is Adam and the one of Adam's sons (the angels) as well. He represents Christ, who in christian mythology is God and the son of God as well. It's a nice concept for a character.

There was also other christian religious shit present in episode 24 that reflected Kaworu's symbolism of Christ, but it's been too long since I talked about it on here and hardly remember the other stuff.

Well one other thing I do remember is that that Tagbha base, the place where Kaworu is shown to awake in 1.0 on the moon, is the same name as one of the places where Christ performed some magic shit/miracle according to the bible.

Kaworu just stands out in general, how can you not prefer him over boring ass characters like Kensuke, Hikari, or even Maya? What the fuck did Maya ever do for the series?

The only "reason" is that it wasn't what you all expected. Same reason people hate Darker than Black s2 even though it was better than s1 or any other number of interesting anime, books, games, films that are hated simply for not satisfying fanboys. 1.0 and 2.0 was just a prostitution of the franchise, 3.0 actually tried to take the story in a new direction and justify the existence of rebuild, and it made much more sense stylistically.

As for specific flaws in the writing, you can't comment on that until the series is finished. 4.0 could reveal stuff that puts everything from 3.0 in context. If you saw only 3/4 of any series you'd probably say it's shit.

After 3.33 shitfest the only way to go is up. Wont surpass 2.22 though.

why did i even bother?

>for no reason

>story arc for 1.0 and 2.0 completely dropped thanks to random timeskip
>character development for Asuka, Misato, and Rei completely dropped thanks to random timeskip
>no showdown with Kaworu in his Mark 06 because fuck that let's bring out a giant flying battleship that shoots lasers and shit instead
>any hope for exploring Mari's character and origins is rendered obsolete and impossible thanks to the timeskip

I could keep going on, but it's just going to stress me out and depress me a little

>The only "reason" is that it wasn't what you all expected.
Nope.

It was downright bad. Accept it.

First and foremost, Kaworu isn't a good character.

A character being "smug and shit", which isn't even an accurate description of Kaworu, isn't a good reason.

The only ting 3.0 did right were the first two scenes. The pretty decent fight scene in space, and the scene where Shinji is wakes up and is brought into the Wunder's command deck.

The movie has nice choreography and some pretty stylish looking scene to scene transitions, I'll give it that.

2.0 gave me such amazing feelings of refreshment and freedom and all the blue colors on the sky

3.0 made me fucking hate eva and delete everything i had related to it

You do realize none of that is an actual good counter argument?

You can't just make up strawman reasons for why people hate 3.33.

It's a bad movie in it's own right, and this:
>As for specific flaws in the writing, you can't comment on that until the series is finished. 4.0

is absolute retardation! Bad writing will always be bad writing.

No, everything after the first generic action scene is shit.

C'mon, we're on Sup Forums, give me a break. Him being "smug and shit" is just as much as good reason for liking him because he is a fictional character.

And I don't just like him for being smug, there are other reasons, but I won't list them because I might come off as a Kaworufagboy, which you probably already think I am.

If it helps, I also enjoyed seeing him have a panic attack during the dogma scene in 3.0, and thought his was gruesome decapitation was great. I honestly just wanted to see more of him.

3.0 honestly gave me the same feelings you got with 2.0. Things were different back then. I was blinded by how good the original series was, so when 3.0 shat out all this new shit I just wolfed it down and thought it was simply adding more interesting things to an already great series.

But now I've come to hate both movies, including 1.0.

Thanks Sup Forums!

Nothing is wrong with liking him, that's just a butthurt Reifag who hates every character.

No, it's not. Basically, you never liked Evangelion in the first place.

Evaretard right here.

>is shit
Yes, but can you elaborate on why in concise essay form?

I don't think he was smug nn the literal sense. It was kind of assholish to be so nice to Shinji knowing full well what you are and how much you would hurt him.
I used to like him but have gotten really disinterested over time since the writers don't do much of anything with him.

>Wake up nerd
>No, Fuck you

Oh An-non, u so silly.

I thought the fight scene in the beginning was boring and badly choreographed, but I thought the piano scenes were beautiful.
Maybe because I'm a musician myself, but we hardly get such scenes in Anime.

>and how much you would hurt him
But that's the thing. Kaworu never knew how much he meant to Shinji.
He doesn't even have a grasp on why humans want to live, much less why they emote and come to like one another.
He didn't think his death would impact Shinji emotionally, because he doesn't even understand human emotions.

>just like they hated 3.33 for no reason

Pretty much how I feel. Some scenes of the Rebuilds are fucking amazing and make you think Anno still knows his shit, but then he fucks up here and there and at the end of 3.0 he has made so many mistakes that it looks seemingly irreparable.

I know people dislike Mari but I thought the opening scene of 2.0 was really great and it must've been awesome seeing inside a cinema, even if is right when he says that it was 'just an action scene'.

Same goes with all openings and endings. 2.0 ending was incredible, the opening scene to 3.0 was really cool and even though I didn't really like the movie in its entirity that last shot of Shinji, Asuka and Rei walking away when the music starts playing was amazing and actually made me eager to watch 4.0 even though I was pretty frustrated with the movie in general.

Do these scenes make the movies good? No. But nevertheless they are pretty great scenes.

He totally psychoanalyzed him within a few minutes of taking a bath together to somehow know all his people issues.

Not really, the only Kaworu that didn't understand emotions was manga Kaworu.

>I honestly just wanted to see more of him.
I like him in NGE specifically because he chooses death over character development. Rebuild makes him look like a dummy trying to be manipulative.

You can read and recite a topic like a textbook, but if you're incapable of experiencing it yourself there will always be an element of detachment.
Kaworu may have superficially understood humans, but since he didn't share the same realm of thinking as them he couldn't completely understand them. That's why he's so bewildered by why they want to live. He doesn't understand why they want to live, because his angel nature makes him indifferent to life.

>He doesn't understand why they want to live, because his angel nature makes him indifferent to life.
Where did you get that?

Manga Kaworu's whole character arc was discovering emotions. He was pretty much a humanized Kaworu.

Anime Kaworu understood emotions on a surface level, but he could never experience them the way a human can.

In episode 24. He says he doesn't care whether he lives or dies, and also wonders why the humans want to live so badly.
He says both in the terminal dogma fight scene.

it's disgusting how overrated eva is

In NGE his character was about a completely foreign and alien being's impressions and relationship with humanity.
In Rebuild his character is just about Shinji, it's a clear downgrade to appeal to the fujo audience.

NGE was before Anno sold out after all.

I think he just stopped caring about anything.

Not that foreign actually, There's mention in EoE,
Angels are the same as lilin, so that they come from Lilith, they are the 18th angel aren't they?

It's actually underrated. Few people understand the influence it has had on the industry; the sole reason people can still continue to enjoy anime to this day is because of it. Not seeing that shows a critical lack of understanding and utter shit taste.

>Few people understand the influence it has had on the industry

LITERALLY who thinks this you fucking retard?

Not at all.
The lilin came from Lilith, the angels came from Adam.
The reason they are all called angels (or followers, literally translated from the Japanese word), is because they were born from a seed of life. Either Lilith or Adam.
They do share many similarities, but over the course of the show we clearly see the angels do not understand human emotions.
Arismael shows confusion at Rei's loneliness, for instance. Kaworu shows confusion at lilin's desire to live. They may understand the basic facets that make up a human, but they themselves are personally incapable of experiencing and understanding it.

>He was a complete badass during the last half of episode 24, being all smug and shit.

>Same reason people hate Darker than Black s2 even though it was better than s1

>If you saw only 3/4 of any series you'd probably say it's shit.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW LAD

Darker than Black doesn't have a second season.

I can turn a grey sky blue.

I can make it rain whenever I want it to.

I really am constantly amazed that every single nuance was ruined in the rebuilds.

Every single one. Like, most remakes get something right jsut because its a scatter gun approach and the law of averages says you must, but holy shit

>I really am constantly amazed that every single nuance was ruined in the rebuilds.

I honestly believe Anno has some sort of master plan, and that 4.0 will surpass even EoE.

This may be wishful thinking, but I still have hope.

3.0 is and eternally will be shit though.

If you can't love the sweet gentle Maya, you can't call yourself a fan.

I want Kaworu to give me a blow job.

If Kaworu had any empathy or insight, this would be the most spiteful thing in the series.

Considering what he did in 3.33, which was to introduce several new and absolute wretched concepts, such a pic related, he has no choice but to explain them.

But even touching them at this point will ruin 4.0.

No masterplan short of coming out publicly, saying he fucked up, declaring 3.33 non-canon then remaking it will even begin to get Eva back on track.

Oh great, so Khara can spend another decade remaking something that never needed to be remade in the first place.

Yep, pretty sure that everyone who's even a bit into animu views Evangelion as a huge influence.

He made Rebuild to get enough money to fund Khara and their future projects.
He doesn't have to explain shit, his main goal was just to get yen and it succeeded.

4.0 could be the most terrible thing to hit theaters and it will still make box office. The fans lap everything up.

3.33 was pure shit and 4.44 will be the same

>He made Rebuild to get enough money to fund Khara and their future projects.

I know, animator expo was the best thing to happen in years, I trust Anno our lord and saviour to make anime great again.

It was influential, yes, sadly, its influence made anime overall worse, it is overrated but still a pretty good anime, although not the best of its genre or its era.

>its influence made anime overall worse
The industry was basically dying when NGE came out. NGE created an entirely new niche with its existence. If your favorite show came out after NGE, there's about a 50/50 chance it wouldn't exist if NGE was never made, and that's a conservative estimate.

Is the series any good? Hate to be that guy however, I still haven't decided to watch it yet.

>it is overrated but still a pretty good anime,

I honestly believe the original series and EoE are mankinds greatest literary achievement.

It was pretty great, I'm glad that some of the shorts are getting full shows like that ice skating one.

>they hated 3.33 for no reason
>no reason

3.33 was basically "let's all yell at shinji for not doing what we tell him after keeping him in the fucking dark" the movie. No reason Misato's ass.

Its a love or hate it kind of show so just watch the first episodes and decide from there

>sadly, its influence made anime overall worse
How so? And even if this is true to an extent, it's in no part Anno's fault; an artist is responsible for his work, and not for the people and works influenced by it.
>although not the best of its genre or its era
What does this even mean? Does it have to be "the best", is it even relevant? And how would you prove something is or isn't "the best" besides flaunting your own subjective opinion? I don't think in any medium any sole work can be truly considered the most worthwhile, only that it holds up by itself against others. And Eva does hold its own, while many "good" anime take from it directly and indirectly.

There's no Reiquarium, the dummy plug comes from another base, and her memories aren't backed up. So what is this?

It's good.
k?
the only thing overrated about it, is the dumb as fujoshi bait character

It's Japan's most significant artistic achievement from the 90's.

You have much to learn

>rofl

my bad friend, meant to reply to

It'd be good if Asuka died, I hate that fugly bitch.

>Considering what he did in 3.33, which was to introduce several new and absolute wretched concepts
I fucking hate this.

>You have much to learn

I can almost guarantee I am better read than you, Eva's combination of visual, musical, and emotional elements place it far above any other literary work. It takes full advantage of it's medium which allows it depth beyond what any single element could achieve.

Runners up are Rachmaninoff's second piano concerto, Notes from Underground, and Ivan the Terrible and his Son

I'd probably pay for a movie where every character just punches Asuka in the face for two hours.

I'd pay to doxx you and beat you to death, personally.

>implying I'm touching that spoilered gif

I found an asshurt Asuka-fag.

>I read some entry level Russian literature so I'm definitely better read than everyone on this board

Shove a tampon in it, fireposter.

Hey, you, get back in the baka box.

4.44 OST will be awesome again

Four. Four butthurt Reifags.

Just because it's entry level doesn't make it bad, and I was listing things that were good. There is no real way for me to prove that I'm better read than anyone, the only reason I brought it up was to point out the fallacy that ignorance is the only reason someone could have a dissenting opinion.

Asuka already looks like they got punched in the face, so no need.

>replying to yourself again

>projecting your samefagging tendencies on me

Mari wasn't introduced in 3.33, moron

>projecting about projecting
Sasuga faggot.

You haven't changed my opinion doing that. What's Evangelion's claim to greatness? What do you even mean by greatness?

It's my favorite anime, and extremely interesting when examined in the context of 90's Japan following the economic crash, but there's nothing there to sustain its esteem to eternity.

Her memories are backed up. That's where the clones come from. Rei 2 was in there in 2.22

She's an example of something that is yet to be resolved/explained, Baka

4.44 needs to have a 4th impact to btfo 3rd impact. But it will probably have the manga's ending.

Now now, asuka, don't we know what happens when you talk without permission?

>What's Evangelion's claim to greatness?
I explained this in my first post, I could go into detail but that would be boring. Would you like me to list every instance of justly used musical score, every instance of character development / depth, etc.

>What do you even mean by greatness?
Lets not go down that rabbit hole

>there's nothing there to sustain its esteem to eternity.
This true, but eternity doesn't matter. Searching for eternity only ends in pain, what matters is the present, and presently there is nothing better than Evangelion as a holistic work. The OST, the animation, the characterization, all of these are superiour to anything else past and present.