Literally retarded

Literally retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Io-ZbKfCkxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Worst MC of the season.

Why is this guy disliked so much? I haven't watched this anime yet but everyone seems to hate him. Why?

Garbage self-insert gary stu

Agreed.

Because he's semi realistic interpretation of what a kid who's transported into a fairy tale world from a shitty life would act like after dealing with the horrors and mental abuse of said world.

Sup Forums keeps being obvious about how they like him and the show and when this happens the antihype brigade will have to then get involved and shit talk this show all damn season.

how is he gary stu? Just because he doesn't actually die when he dies when he's killed?

Because it's shitposting thread

There's a flavour of Gary Stus that exploit the suffering schtick.
See darkfics.

Oh, that makes sense.

It's funny how te user ACTUALLY believe that they would fare better than Subaru if they were in his situation

Sure as fuck wouldn't take me like 556 deaths to realize I was immortal.

>Using literally wrong
>calling other retarded.

Nice, epic, I like it.

Nice get.

But he didn't too.

Didn't it just take him 2 deaths?

Anyway I like him, but the "trying too hard" part where he exhausted himself made me cringe. At least he got a lap pillow out of it.

>Anyway I like him, but the "trying too hard" part where he exhausted himself made me cringe.
How would you feel if you had to live the same week 5 times and always die miserably at the end of it?

It was meant to make you cringe

None of the decisions he's made have been very realistic though. He is the architect of his own suffering because he's such a dumbass.

No one acts that way, even when they feel like shit. Depression doesn't suddenly turn you into the energizer bunny on meth.

It wasn't depression, it was adrenaline because he felt like if he didn't try his hardest he would die again, which is true

He often acts incredibly obnoxious and cringy. There are reasons why he does it, but the act itself turns many people off.
>It was meant to make you cringe
Good job then? Making something hard to watch on purpose is definitely a genius move.

That was him trying really hard to not show how depressed he was though, he was under heavy stress which is why he ended up going over the top with the acting. I guess he tried to balance it out with how he was feeling but everyone noticed he was pushing it.

That was the intended affect, but he instead came off robotic and cringy. Trying hard doesn't suddenly turn you into a Saturday morning Loony Toons Cartoon.

You are so fucking uninformed it hurts. Do some research and come back to us. A very common coping mechanism for depression is trying to do anything to get what you're depressed about out of your mind. Does it help? Sometimes maybe a little.

That part he also vomits and says

>I have to smile, I have to make them smile, I can't waste time and can't look depressed

I don't how's in your basement, but I've seen multiple people already smile and say "it's okay/everything is fine" while it wasn't

Heck, I think there's even a trope for "only the body is smiling"

Yes, it's all a gimmick to cope with what's going on. The author did it intentionally.
Doesn't mean I still can't call bull on it.

Fuck this shit thread if this was old Sup Forums he will be liked just like kamina

But Kamina was cool. This guy is like if one of us decided to "become" Kamina but just ended up cringy as hell.

This desu. I find myself skipping through those parts. If I don't, I'd probably have to drop it and I don't want to do that because I can't wait to see his autism get punished

He's trying too hard, he lacks genuine.

>gary stu
>has to die 3-4 times to get anything half-way right

at least try to make sense user

Because he's just annoying as shit. I like the show's gimmick but can't stand him, especially when he goes full "vidya gaemz!"

How else do fat otakus self insert? How else do we get forced suffering? None of that would have worked if the guy was capable.
Also guy is fav MC of the season on MAL.

How would they edgy if he was smart? Fuck, I actually think SAO is better.

Would Sup Forums treat Subaru differently if he was a girl?

>only episode 1
>in the first 10 minutes

Jesus christ, let me get my crayon for you fucks. I never said people don't hide their depression, I said no one turns into a Loony Toon to do it. It isn't that he's coping by over-acting, it's that his overacting has jumped into a different physical realm of being and feels inhuman.

They couldn't selfinsert

People wouldn't be able to self-insert in an otherwise anti-self insert series.

Acts like a lobotomized monkey half the time, fucking obnoxious cunt all the time, useless most of the time.

He see a wall, he run into it till he dies, he throw all his love interest on it till she dies. He could have just learned to climb the wall.

You were talking about the episode 8.

In the same episode is explicit why he's doing that. How's that hard to understand?

He more realistic character. So what do you do on his place would went to the woods and role play as a dovahkiin?

Don´t worry mate, is mostly shitty writing, and SAO defense brigade moving onto SAO edgy version.

I cringe everytime barasu starts spouting meta-humor

Suddenly becomes unbearable to cute.

>it's that his overacting has jumped into a different physical realm of being.
Is your entire argument seriously just "he's not fit enough to handle all those chores!" despite the show explicitly stating that he kept in shape despite being a NEET?

double standards

Have you even watched the show or are you just here for the shitposting? I don't even see where you pulled SAO from; the plot, characters, and art all look completely different.

Can't self insert and anti-yuri bait

>Realistic
>R.E.A.L.I.S.T.I.C
You might be misusing the word here. Realistic would have been not chasing half elf pussy. Realistic would be learning about how to get stronger in the world since you are shit at fighting and magic. Realistic would be if he walked out of the mansion. Realistic would be exploring the world to get a hang of it. Realistic would min/maxcost each run before dying like a bitch.

Just a few realistic scenarios, and not banal shit you suggested. Guy is even suppose to be LN/MMORPG savvy, yeah right.

Isn't that the goal of the author though, did he not make this series specifically anti-self insert?

Because he did what anons wanted, but anons don't want to assume.

You can even look older threads, arguments developed like

>why is he so stupid, he took 600 years to understand his power
but he took 2 tries and is not a power

>yeah but why isnt he doing it like I want
he just did

>yeah but he's doing it too slow
would you do fast?

>no because he's doing it too fast, he should die 1249 times to learn his powers and learn some magic trickes before trying to fix the problem
but why does that makes sense

>because he's stupid and annoying and I hate him
ok

This user even jokes about it because that literally what it was

Mother fuck, I'm out of crayons. Hold on let me try interpretive dance. Don't try to write an edgy anime with characters that effectively freak out like this: youtube.com/watch?v=Io-ZbKfCkxg

Nobody cares about your statement go back to your infected nest.

>the plot, characters, and art all look completely different

Dont respond, it's just a samefag.
His posts above the Subaru female version there made it obvious

Yeah, but if he really anted to make the series as anti-self insert as possible he should have made MC a girl.

That wouldn't work though, considering his boy-band of mercs, it'd be the most self insert series if he was a girl. Not to mention Reinhardt would be a new self-insert trying to win the Subaru bowl.

>Realistic would have been not chasing half elf pussy. Realistic would be learning about how to get stronger in the world since you are shit at fighting and magic. Realistic would be if he walked out of the mansion. Realistic would be exploring the world to get a hang of it. Realistic would min/maxcost each run before dying like a bitch.

literally none of that is realistic, only the "not chasing the elf pussy" is

>min-maxing before dying
god

Same guy. I´m not implying is SAO 3.0, I´m saying is what the fanbase of SAO have moved on to. Is the natural step after getting tired of SAO and wanting something more "mature". Is the most popular normalfag show this season. And since SAO fanbase is diehard faggots, I will just assume most people that defend this show and the forced suffering are SAOfags.

They can not admit any flaws whatsoever. And if this wasn´t Sup Forums, that allows shitting on shit show, these thread would be like another MAL´s Re:Zero circlejerk thread.

People would tolerate his mistakes more.

That would for real make a better show.

Actual SAOfag here, I think Re;Zero is terrible so far.

She wouldn't last the night.

Oh, you're just shitposting. Damn, you got me. Has [s4s] seriously gotten this good at shitposting now? There wasn't a single ounce of anything even approaching logic or reason in any of your posts, well done.

>Can't have a proper thread about the show anymore after episode 7 aired

For fuck fake.

Then he would have to make the girl boy ratio better. Guy is surrounded by girls till later on. People self insert because there are girls and the MC is bland and dumb, nandatte?

They can always kill off Reinhardt though.

>They can not admit any flaws whatsoever.
So you're just blindly hating the newest show. Literally no one is saying or even implying that this show is flawless.

You forgot he literally has and entire mercenary band after her pussy at that point still.

No it wouldn't the rest of the series is a sausagefest with no woman in sight.

Well fuck. I have higher opinions on SAOfags now. Sorry.

>Later on
Read my fucking post, that is what I said you retard.

Wouldn't that make it an all-girls cast except for the clown then?

Nothing to discuss. We have all read the spoilers on what´s to come. MC does the usual kind guy thing, blue maid falls in love, he want the elf instead, blue maid tag along, suffering because MUH edgy, blue maid coma.

My bad I think you misunderstood me, it wouldn't even out the girl/guy ratio at all. Especially the mansion arc. It would unbalance it even more considering right now its 3 boys and 4 girls.

Doesn't mean it has to become shitposting central every single goddamn time. Also not everyone read the spoilers, i did myself, but even so, there's more room for discussions since we're only working on spoilers and don't know the details.

That's only arc 3 though, we have 3 more arcs of discussion to go through.

Are you counting Puck the furry bait, NTR Orochimaru and Reinhard?

Furry bait is the sidekick like most self insert show have, the friend with no pussy game. Might as well be a girl.

Orochimaru is the background "villain". He have almost no screentime anyway.

Reinhard is best boy, but no screentime until later.

Self insert is having an outing right now.

>Realistic would have been not chasing half elf pussy.
The only way you can learn about this world becouse no one belive to strangers
> Realistic would be learning about how to get stronger in the world since you are shit at fighting and magic.
The only ways are to chase an "half elf pussy" or Reinhardt becouse you stranger no one helps you.

>Realistic would be if he walked out of the mansion. Realistic would be exploring the world to get a hang of it. Realistic would min/maxcost each run before dying like a bitch.
Good argument but it not that easy how it is looking.

>MAL
Both Kabaneri and Hero Academia have almost 50% more popularity than re:zero there

On ANN, Kabaneri is the number one cumulative ranking

On Stalker threads, Kabaneri has almost as much points as Macross

There are a few more cancer normalfag sites that I could visit

Clowndick, Subaru, Puck. If Subaru were to be a girl it'd be a 2/5 ratio. With Clowndick probably trying to rape the guy.

Threads outside of episode airing date are usual shitposting. Circlejerking only allowed on big series general like Jojo and Fate, since is pretty much containment threads for them.

Is like that for most shows. Just wait for next episode if you want anything remotely serious.
Yeah. but no episode to discuss right now. Unless you pick one, but it all boils down to Subaru is dumb as fuck. But go ahead.

Then the show would be better then.

Well he is an idiot, I'm just sitting here waiting for arc 3 to hit now where he isn't an idiot.

Why because you can self-insert in an otherwise anti-self insert series?

I want that.
Reinhard route would have been great. Guy seems to be genuinely nice enough to take you in.

But he is, he drags Rem into the slaughterhouse several times for worst girl Emilia. And self inserting into tragic hero is a thing for a lot of anons and nips.

Steins Gate VN was 100% self insert even thought that guy had a real shit raining down on him.

It's the highest ranked currently airing show on MAL and the most popular on reddit though.

I kind of like Subaru to be honest, his thoughts/internal monologues aren't 2deep4you like a lot of other anime. No pretentious deep bullshit, he's a straight forward guy.

He doesn't drag Rem into the slaughter house, he tries to keep Rem away from that said massacre as much a possible, the only problem is that Rem doesn't wan to leave his side. Not to mention the price he's going to pay if he DID run away. He isn't going in just to save the elf bitch you know.

Yeah. But MAL have two systems on counting popularity or whatever.

He is bland, moralfaggot with moral compass pointing straight up. Is boring as fuck since we have seen it 100x times on other shows and I guess that is the main reason why people shit on him. He is like Shirou from Fate if Shirou couldnt fight.

You are sorely mistaken if you think he is going in just to save one person. But that's the problem when reading only the spoilers, no context.

Shirou's inner monologue was kinda trying to make him seem a little deeper than he really was though.

Since no one is discussing anything anyway other than the things we have went over a thousand times. How about;

Do you guys think the show would have been more interesting if Reinhard was the MC. Hear me out, so it would be like Onii sama Gary Stuing over everything and then his fall from grace, and the Gary Stu gets broken mentally and physically. That would be anti-self insert.

Yes but MAL's rank system is kinda flawed. Not that I'm apologizing, you are indeed right.

It's just a reminder that it has 8.58 weighted points on MAL while being in the #373 on popularity while Kabaneri has 8.37 while being the #253

Just made this point because the topic was
>MOST POPULAR

The fuck? That would be the ultimate self-insert. That's practically Sinbad.

user, with that many blessing and being pretty much invincible, there was no way he could get mentally fucked, or have a bad situation happen to him in the first place.