EQUIFAX DATA BREACH

possible justice edition:

Last thread >Equifax Stock Sales Are the Focus of U.S. Criminal Probe

>The U.S. Justice Department has opened a criminal investigation into whether top officials at Equifax Inc. violated insider trading laws when they sold stock before the company disclosed that it had been hacked, according to people familiar with the investigation.

>Equifax disclosed earlier this month that it discovered a security breach on July 29. The three executives sold shares worth almost $1.8 million in early August. The company has said the managers didn’t know of the breach at the time they sold the shares.

>More than one third of U.S. senators have called on the Securities and Exchange Commission, in addition to the Justice Department, to get to the bottom of whether Equifax managers violated insider trading laws when they sold stock days after the company found out it was hacked.

>Separately, state and federal regulators and law enforcers are scrutinizing the company’s data security practices and its response to the breach. The U.S. Federal Trade Commission and a Congressional committee with subpoena power last week joined the growing number of bodies scrutinizing the cyber attack.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-18/equifax-stock-sales-said-to-be-focus-of-u-s-criminal-probe

Archive

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140671284
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140689686
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140687228
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140706326
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140713335
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140718192
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140720752
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140720766
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140762654
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140773478
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140775945
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140807917
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140824131
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140825083
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140856443
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140880464
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140925732
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140934661
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140935548
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140979701
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141012531
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141075029
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141127200
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141164377
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141190982
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141269921

warosu.org/g/thread/S62307786
warosu.org/g/thread/S62311380
warosu.org/g/thread/S62311380
warosu.org/g/thread/S62316700
warosu.org/g/thread/S62323810
warosu.org/g/thread/S62326520
warosu.org/g/thread/S62355113
warosu.org/g/thread/S62374861
warosu.org/g/thread/S62376927

warosu.org/biz/thread/S3385702
warosu.org/biz/thread/S3387412

Equifucked YouTube vid: youtube.com/watch?v=qHcGVOJXRzI

Argentina incident: archive.is/bJroF

Fake equifax hackers: pirate.london/fake-equifax-hacker-website-shut-down-following-deanonymisation-7f30b64cc99a

Blockchain identity verification a possible alternative and option: civic.com/secure-identity-platform

Self sovereign ID:uport.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/09/18/questions-still-remain-about-equifaxs-actions-dc-attorney-general.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

Bump for actual news

Bump

bump

Bump

Bump

real question is: who pulled it?

Bump to inform

That's still up in the air
But a simple software update that equifax ignored could have remedied everything in the first place. This update was available in march.

Bump for non trap, interracial bait, sexbot related, r9gay cancer thread

Probably internal, then.

here's a list that nu/pol/ bumps with no problem

Bump for real news

Bump

Bump

Bump

Trump and nu Sup Forums stay completely mute on this really happening. This board has been completely compromised beyond salvation

>Equifax breach affects over half the city's residents — including me, says DC attorney general
>More half the residents in D.C., including Racine, had their security breached, the attorney general said. He urged all Americans who could be affected to check their accounts on a regular basis.

cnbc.com/2017/09/18/questions-still-remain-about-equifaxs-actions-dc-attorney-general.html

Bump

um please tell me this isn't real

It is.
Bump

Freeze your credit.

I mean how do they hire someone with no expertise in the field?

I haven't been following the equifax thing cause I don't use credit cards, but the insider trading thing makes it more interesting.

>don't use credit cards
Doesn't matter my friend. Whether you like it or not, you have an existing credit report. No credit cards are required. Just your existence. Not many people realize this, thus they think they're safe. If you don't believe me, you can request a free credit report from any of the major companies. I'm sure you'll be horribly surprised

Bump

Bump

Bump

I believe you but I"m not gonna get a credit report cause that hurts your credit score.

How are credit reports legal in the first place?

Good question. They shouldn't be but are. Everything you acquire, rent, lease, own etc requires this middleman. But why? How can such entities exist that house this extremely valubable and vital information?
It doesn't but do what you think is best. My only parting advice is keep an eye on your finances. Good luck

It just seems like a weird mix of gambling and spying.

Agreed. And at least you'd hope they'd have competent people securing this, but alas that's not the case.
Bump

>dot com pump n dump ...followed by crickets
>9/11 ...followed by crickets
>Enron ...followed by crickets
>9/15/08 - TARP - Too Big To Fail ...followed by crickets
>a trail of suspicious deaths around the Clintons ...followed by crickets
>Awans/DWS ...followed by crickets
>Will clean swamp - collective HOORAY! ...followed by crickets
>Gowdy Chavetts - strong words ...followed by crickets

>it's okay to be apathetic
Best goyim

Bump fuck the credit kikes

>these (((beings))), these (((things))) are defended literully tooth n nail by the ((Shabbos))
>meanwhile

I would seriously use her for OP image. Just say she's an affirmative action hire (which is probably true anyway) and you'll get tons of replies.

doesn't mean one has to stop trying to help those who don't inform themselves. Yes. These criminals will continue to get away with shit. But doesn't mean we embrace ignorance simply because of the leviathan in our presence

Will give it a try next time. Thanks for the idea

Surely Jeff "im completely fucking worthless" Sessions is going to slap the shit out of all their wrists.

>immediately steals anons pic related
>attempts to use superior ms paint skillz to place swastikas in McFeelz eyes
>pic becomes what happens when coming to Sup Forums
>whether plebe or 'Feeb' red-pills make fence sitters become non-apathetic maniacal-thinking time bomz

>observing reality is apathetic now

good, hope they get convicted, then sued for good measure
all hackers must hang, and all enablers must face charges for lack of security

>doing nothing about it, be it via informing others or just giving up, is apathy
Sorry for the confusion.
>swatstickas in McFeels eyes
lol what do you see in this pic user

Bump

Bump

true. on balance, it's a good idea to accept reality, and understand that no matter how much we vent, we will not cathartically dispel the heinous crap habbening under our noses compliments of the uncle scam and uncle saul cozy relationship. those so motivated will stop expecting an entity like congress to do much beyond strong words. the only real reason to "go after stock sales" is to claw back money through fines, and then the monies will disappear into the black hole of accountability, only to reemerge as a 3rd vacation home in the Whitest area of Whiteyville

>data breach that will result in billions of dollars of losses in fraud
>equifax actually has the balls to advise people to pay for their credit monitoring services
>150 million people x $10 =$1.5 bln credit monitoring services

>let's launch an investigation into $1.8 million of stock

Bump

Bump

>b Equifuxxed
>one shalom says to another shalom over dinner at pretzels cafe that "a lot of bank could be made if we pretend to fail by releasing the credit scores of 100 M ppl, then sell them insurance to really really super protect them for reel this time, but then we blame it on "hackers"
>Shalom 2: "yes, yes I'm listening
>"so next, we keep an encrypted copy in a cloud, then sell the data to people who need a new identity so they can pursue a better life"
>Shalom 2: "okay, what if we get busted selling our stocks before the breech is found out by the public?"
>"don't worry. all three branches become one when it comes to us. Talmudic laws are for ((them)) not (((us))). we go through the rigors of strong words, pretend to be hurt, promise we'll do everything to help, then donate the fined amounts to the local (((community center))) and maybe buy a few vacation homes for few ppl. now, we go away with millions and we have residual income from the goy who think we're really really super ultra protecting their information ...even though their perfect credit and entire lives now belong to Jose Escamilla Gonzales Pedro Gomez Lopez de Santa Claus down in Mexico who's rapidly buying everything under the assumed identity"
>Shalom 2: "when do we start?"
(hand-rubbing intensifies)

looks like a conversation habbening when our BFF's use goyim money to buy favors from Congress. just another day. there is a physically real Rorshach habbening in DC/in US politics that can't be ignored but hey, why not make excuses so that aren't booted out immediately; amirite? if we just help them kick the perpetual professional victim can down the road a little further, they'll b successful in decimating the only people standing in the way of the jew world order

... The admin login for one system was admin/admin

This is flat out dumb motherfucker ignoring basic security shit.