Pepe the Frog’s Creator Goes Legally Nuclear Against the Alt-Right

Lawyers served noticed to Reddit, Richard Spencer, Baked Alaska, and Mike Cernovich. What did Matt Furie mean by this? motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8x8gaa/pepe-the-frogs-creator-lawsuits-dmca-matt-furie-alt-right?utm_source=mbfb

Other urls found in this thread:

unvis.it/motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8x8gaa/pepe-the-frogs-creator-lawsuits-dmca-matt-furie-alt-right?utm_source=mbfb
youtube.com/watch?v=Oo6tyeQJDLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

unvis.it/motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8x8gaa/pepe-the-frogs-creator-lawsuits-dmca-matt-furie-alt-right?utm_source=mbfb

Fair use and parody.

Oh jeez guys. I guess this means we can't use Pepe anymore.

They won their case against the children's author because that guy was directly profiting from Pepe. Except for the people selling shirts and things, I don't think the same is true of anyone else they're DMCAing. Who is this lawyer that's wasting his life like this?

>tfw you've reached Christ level copyright law

k

He doesn't seem to get this'll make pepe edgyer and more meaningful to post.

>served cease and desist orders

Big friggin' deal. They are legally free to continue using Pepe, and I'd like to see him TRY to sue them. The only people he can possibly sue are the ones out there selling merchandise.

I find it amusing that original creator of Pepe is wasting so much time and effort instead of just distancing himself from Sup Forums

This only strengthens Him more

Post you favorite real Matt Furie comics

Sue Richard Spencer. Please. I dare him.
Spencer is a multi millionaire, old money WASP, and he already has a team of lawyers on retainer. He'd love the exposure and extra media attention, especially when he wins. Give him another excuse to say on public record that Pepe is officially Alt-Right when Matt Furie loses.

Imagine the headlines:
COURT RULES THAT RACIST COTTON PLANTATION OWNER CAN USE GREEN FROG

The world is fucking nuts these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oo6tyeQJDLQ

Not as uncommon as you might think.

He can't, and won't do shit. He's nowhere near rich enough to take on any of those people in court, especially Spencer and reddit. If anything happens, reddit might just ban pepe from big subreddits, but that won't actually do anything, and it's fair use anyway. The other three are also practicing fair use, and have way more money than Furry anyway, so they can afford the legal fees, while he can't.

If he actually tries to push this, he's going to destroy himself financially. Trying to get people to stop posting his frog character from a defunct comic on the internet. Yeah, good luck, fag.

I agree. The Pepe genie isn't going back in the bottle. I think he's really just virtue signalling.

Nice

Soros or Clinton is behind it. They are autistic enough to believe a frog beat them.

If you idiots actually read the article you'd see it says the lawyers are working for free

doesn't he know this encourages us?

They're superstitious enough to believe numbers at the end of posts gave us super powers.

Then he has shitty lawyers and will lose his cases. He'll lose his cases no matter though what because he has no legitimate claim.

>lolwhatisprobono

I'll give you a clue: Lawyers work for free pretty often when they know they're going to win.

>dat third panel

Implying they dont

Somebody needs to subtlety change that 99 into an 88

doesn't matter. we have superior pic related.

(THEY DO)

Too little, too late.

Post this shit to r/the_donald

Ledditors are going to go apeshit.

lol

It just keeps getting better

>tfw it was the corruption of pepe (feels bad man) that made him popular and had absolute fuckall to do with Furie

lel they're jumping the shark

Whos is mister.Alt right?
>suing something that does not exist

Right now, the lawyer's pro bono work consists of copy/pasting a DMCA request to twenty different people. If any of the people with legit fair use claims actually fight back, how long do you think this guy can afford to keep working for free?

BTFO

Wew we've reached the legal freakout stage.
How many more stages until suicide?

We should reusher in a varient of Poo-Poo Pee-Pee only with the sickest depraved acts against SJWs and Antifa-type tropes.

No more subtle smug implications, just Pepe engaged in the most fuck off and depraved acts of violence we can think of.

Literally crash the meme market with no survivors

lol what is this fags problem

rundown on this guy's head?

He got punched too hard by Antifa.