QUALITY Thread

Lets get this shit started. remember only post QUALITY anime

Other urls found in this thread:

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/13177/animated-background_animation-hiroyuki_imaishi-one
kissanime.to/Anime/Da-Capo-II/Episode-003?id=27606
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How exactly can that even happen?

Intentionally distorted drawings aren't QUALITY

Im guessing its an inbetween frame where shes freaking out about something, which would make it not QUALITY

WHAT THE HELL

That's not QUALITY, OP. That's just an in-between shot.

>not nao watches amuro tune up her machine

If an in-between shot looks that fucking bad it probably looks bad in motion as well

It's not a QUALITY thread without Chie

The only person Noa would let handle Alphonse is Noa.

>not getting the joke

Oh, I get it. My joke is that Noa would only allow herself to handle it, hence the doppelganger.

Well, I had to explain it, so I guess it's a bad joke.

Someone post double Koharun

90% of Konosuba is QUALITY-tier drawing.

This can't be real.

Anyone got the image of mass clones in IBO?

I don't want to believe.

I fucking lost it

Konosuba is so fucking ugly.
They are lucky to make a big hit from this shit.
I loved this anime but it doesn't deserve it artisticaly talking

then post webm motion shot and prove it, smartass.

there is absolutely no way something like the OP shot can be a "oops, my hand slipped" thing, especially in a pretty decent-looking show like that. only someone who's never drawn anything in their life would seriously think that.

oh also "it's an inbetween shot" is retarded because keyframes can be distorted as fuck too

But the manga is QUALITY as well, so in actuality it's a good adaptation?

Rotoscoping count?

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/13177/animated-background_animation-hiroyuki_imaishi-one practically every frame here is distorted and it's totally intentional and looks fun in motion

it might have had inbetweeners since it's more fluid than Imaishi's normal work (or maybe he just drew it all himself, god knows) but "IT'S DISTORTED CUZ IT'S AN INBETWEEN" is not an explanation you can use here. it's a dumb meme defense from people who aren't actually knowledgeable trying to imitate those who are.

that looks fine though

bad rotoscoping = aku no hana

to be fair I guess it can look a bit off since it's too realistic compared to the normal motion, but it's not worthy of being called horribly bad at all

meanwhile this shot is legit trash

depends on the scene but it definitely doesn't work for this one

>that looks fine though
This guy.
This guy right here.

This is the guy.

mis yukary from asumaga dayoh

Just a dandy guy in space.

>UNF

youre a fucking retard

dont. its a decoy

Not him but there's nothing inherently QUALITY about what he posted. It does look weird though, but I think rotoscope in general looks weird, at least when it comes to anime. I don't think I've seen a single anime rotoscope that doesn't look weird.

what do you consider well-done rotoscoping?

inb4 you think it's a 'cheat' and absolutely impossible to be done well

this is what happens if you try to avoid what retards consider "QUALITY", when characters extremely far away from the camera aren't perfectly detailed

in some animated shows it's actually a written rule that background characters should have lowered detail. unless it's a very special scene it absolutely won't look good, especially in shows with consistent line-work.

Ping Pong the QUALITY animation.

yeah... you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

haha lmao arms can't do this

truly the most epic of fails

see
show that you know better

Classic Gonzo.

This shit is why I read manga.

How does this happen

Is this some sort of mirage magic?

Wasn't that literally a shapeshifter in the middle of turning into/turning back from another form? That's not really quality.

It's not about being perfectly detailed you fucking retard. If you can't see the quality in that picture you're a dumbass.

I'm saying that it's complete shit and that it shows why a lot of supposed "QUALITY" images are actually totally fine.

There are other examples of trying to keep background characters detailed by drawing them normally and then minimizing them. They're all bad.

It does look odd but technically there's nothing wrong with this. You just assume her left leg appears first, but it's actually her right, and the left leg is still behind the jacket.

Classic case of Clamp noodle people.

Oh boy, another thread filled with retards who don't kow jackshit about animation or art.

The problem with this is that they were rotoscoping male movements, not female. Which is why is looks so fucking strange.

No it looks bad

Individually packaged chips count for brain QUALITY

there is nothing wrong with this.

That's not the point of the webm you retard.

Holy shit

>when you try to hide your shitty art behind CGI smoke

Posting WuG is cheating

Can i have that another Noa? I need her.

Personal favourite of mine: when Yuuri's cup size went up by several letters for a scene.

Thanks Freezy Pop

There's nothing shitty about this. It's more detailed and shaded than any western cartoon's still plus it's blending well with the CGI part.

Red circles on the QUALITY, please.

The smoke isn't even hiding anything, you're full of shit.

I couldn't find the scene on youtube and I can't into recording my own webms so the best thing I can do is link it.

12:00 to 12:30 is the part to watch, with special mention to 12:23

kissanime.to/Anime/Da-Capo-II/Episode-003?id=27606

They're crackers.

I can't believe nobody's posted anything from legendary QUALITY episode 18 of Psycho-Pass

donatsu

> it's a dumb meme defense from people who aren't actually knowledgeable trying to imitate those who are.
The terminology might be wrong but when people defend shots like that for "being inbetweens" what they mean is obviously that it's retarded to take a single frame that out of a scene that looks good in motion and criticize it for looking funny when you look at it on its own.
That is a perfectly valid point even if the "inbetween" actually happens to be a keyframe.

Sure, the background is less detailed but that is the case in almost all animation in order to save on budget and due to the technical limitation of the background having less pixels available to use than the foreground. It's not QUALITY unless it happens in the foreground, or a least the centre of action

Don't most anime have the occasional cross/lazy eyes?

This is funny because the viewer is finally going to ask wtf they're doing watching it.

It's the point of his post though and he's right.

Konosuba derpyness was intentional.

no, it wasn't, DEEN has some serious quality issues in every series.

Jesus christ is that the best you could do? It's like you're not even trying. At least post an inbetween frame or something.

Konosuba was much better than usual. The colors and overall designs were really fucking nice.

Do you retards lack reading comprehension or do you not know English in the first place?

It was, did you even watch it? The derpyness was intentional and the characters were meant to look stupid. Fuck, the derpy was even in the character design sheets. DEEEEEEEN might be the budget studio, but, it was very obvious they intentionally tried to make everything look as stupid as possible. Just because they are normally bad not intentionally, it doesn't mean they can't intentionally be bad to work with the material better.

not for this scene

user, that scene is barely even QUALITY.

There's something wrong but I just can't quite put my finger on it

look at where the neck and the chest meet