Pepe the Frog’s Creator Goes Legally Nuclear Against the Alt-Right

>Pepe the Frog creator Matt Furie has made good on his threat to "aggressively enforce his intellectual property."
>The artist's lawyers have taken legal action against the alt-right. They have served cease and desist orders to several alt-right personalities and websites including Richard Spencer, Mike Cernovich, and the r/the_Donald subreddit. In addition, they have issued Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown requests to Reddit and Amazon, notifying them that use of Pepe by the alt-right on their platforms is copyright infringement.

>The message is to the alt-right is clear—stop using Pepe the Frog or prepare for legal consequences.

STOP USING PEPE! APOLOGIZE! GIB MONEY!!

sue me

If he continues to push back, prepare for a new era of dumb frogposting. I actually look forward to the news maymes you people will create.

REEEEEEEEEE

But it's not being used for any monetary gain or political purposes.

Look at the goddamn catalogue before you start a new thread faggot

sage goes in the options field

So who is the Alt right? Where are they located? Legally you can't fucking touch people creating fair use parody images of your 'intelletual' property.

pepe is /ourmeme/

This faggot has abused his 15 minutes of fame. He needs to shut the fuck up and accept that Sup Forums is the only reason that anybody knows Pepe.

thanks

This guy's mad his thread isnt getting any attention

I was long over frog posting but this might re ignite my passion for rare pepes. Super rare illegal DMCA Nazi Pepe save now!

What about the knacker that owns this shithole? Slittymoot, why isn't he mentioned?

Maybe because this site is anonymouse it's worthless to try and pursue gibs?

Whoes Pepe?

sad frog in his younger days

You can't stop pepe. He's ours.

Furie has acknowledged all of the various Pepes coming out of this place before and seemed okay with it, if not indifferent. I guess him & his heebcrew are targeting things that are unironically alt-right and using Pepe as the mascot for their faggotry?

what he's talking about? pepe died

we are posting kek

Can't really blame the lawyers. It's easy money to target "nazis"

Seriously how weird is it that pepe is a nazi symbol in the eyes of normies?

Sup Forums gets a lot of breaks,I think we suit a purpose primeval.

Anyone know his address?

I want to send him some edgy as fuck r9k pepes.

I thought he "killed him" a few months ago. Sad!

What a waste of money and time, anyone got the name of the the (((law))) firm, I know I probably don't have to ask

the frog cannot be stopped

Lol this is going to end with Pepe being public domain. You have to be retarded and blind if you think that the original Fury drawing looks like or has anything to do with our Pepes

>Digital Millennium Copyright Act

Fucking try me.

What will be the caption under Pepe's face in American history books?

All my Pepe pins from eBay just went to the moon

Parody isn't protected by copyright laws so fuck 'em.

>The collective subconscious identity of white identifying males worldwide:

>What will be the caption under Pepe's face in American history books?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>ben garrison pepe
Holy fuck.

Cmon Matt, hop in!

hmm good luck, pal

Fuck you Matt

The lawyer is just an eggplant nosed kike looking to make a few shekels.

Here is their page.

www.wilmerhale.com

>trying to sue the altright
kek

This is now a Pepe dump thread

>waaaaah I can't monetize other people's IP even when it feels like I should be able to because I'm special

>Take back our Pepes
>Bring them home!

That's not even the the first time he's used Pepe.

HE STILL THINKS HE HAS ANY POWER OVER IT HAHAHAHAHA

The guy must be butthurt as fuck
>Your creation die
>Years later it becomes popular in internet
>The Alt-Right adopt it too
>Where are my shekels? REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It will be funny watching him try. To this day, Gorgeous George and Tom Green have never been able to remove all the memes. It's worse than playing whack a mole with piratebay and torrent sites, because pepe is an 'image' that can be spread 10 billion times.

>b-but i cweated a fwog!!!!
simplest idea ever, i like how he thinks he ever had any power over it
frogs are green, he didn't fucking invent that

Well this won't backfire spectacularly.

This is Keke The Frog.

He is not Pepe. He is another frog. And no one can own the rights to every cartoon image of a frog.

Keke believes in freedom of thought. Keke thinks that Pepe and his master can go fuck himself.

Call the cyber police.

Hey Matt good luck suing weather systems

>Bitches about other threads
>Doesn't link said thread
Your private helicopter has arrived!

So, this man Matt Furie is enforcing his right to intellectual property. What's the problem?

"Chekum"

Fucking idiots, you can't say people who believe X can't draw frogs
What a fucking shit munt
I'm hoping his personal details get spread around...

They can't do that cause it's a parody that falls under fair use.
Motherfucker doesn't understand that?

the ownership of ideas is a jewish trick

Intellectual property rights applied to crude drawings of animals that barely resemble the original should be seen as a retarded legal overstep to anyone with more than a few brain cells nigger

Again... you cannot copyright the idea of a cartoon frog. You can copyright YOUR frog, but not all frogs.

So chan should just design a new frog. Looks close, but not the same.

As I said earlier, I would suggest calling me "Keke"

so many iterations of pepes exist that have departed so far from the original design to the point where they only vaguely resemble the character in his faggot comics. This nigger only has so much control over the design of 2D frogs, it's more so the fact that the name Pepe is used to describe the massive breadth of cartoon frog memes.

>Reddit
>Baked Alaska
>Baboon brain
>Richard Spencer

Why do Americans like to sue over everything?

you cannot resist posting these at a university to trigger people and get a few laughs

Any of you goys have the old meme about Spider Hillary, where she sucks the fluid out of Bernie Fly before they both get crashed by the Trump Tank?

That sounds pretty communist to me.

In its most general sense, a fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner.Apr 4, 2013

:D

This faggot cannot do anything. lol

If he could, cartoons like Robot Chicken and Southpark would be history.

It's creative parody use of an image. His lawyer can make empty threats though as much as he wants.

I wonder how he feels about this Pepe.

Maybe Michigan J Frog should sue Matt Furie

But the meme would be parody, and as long as we aren't financially benefitting or seriously financially harming Furie, there isn't a leg to stand on.

Fair use.

Checked

It does not fall under fair use to use copyrighted material for monetary gain or ideological pursuit unless expressed consent is granted.

Has everybody seen this rare Kermit yet?

Ha ha! I'm saving all these pepes and there is nothing you can do about it!

2 little 2 late

your frog will be printed and spoken of 400 years from now, and this is what about

That's what irks me about this. It's not that no one can post the frog.

It's that ONLY RIGHT WINGERS can not post the frog.

FUCKING JEJ