Why don't Japs just migrate over to America and then form a anime startup company...

Why don't Japs just migrate over to America and then form a anime startup company? Better pay/funding/workhours would completely crush the shitty animation America has developed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OqV63qRFoUs
work.chron.com/much-money-can-make-animation-9425.html
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/28/average-annual-income-of-a-japanese-animator-is-about-9200
youtube.com/watch?v=WfI69DC_jaw
expatistan.com/cost-of-living/comparison/seattle/tokyo?currency=USD
expatistan.com/cost-of-living/comparison/san-francisco/tokyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Source on pic

different social appeal, we weeaboos are a small majority, even smaller than the comic book scene.

Pic very related to your question

What are you talking aboot?

Animation industry is filled with nerds with zero corporate ambition. That's why they're doing horribly in terms of business even at home ground.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with that second sentence.

Because America would flip their shit with stuff like this

Why not some ex-anime industry people move to America? It would be a perfect opportunity to start an anime industry in America.

This is what the Japs have done in France, where they now have a French anime industry(small but getting there).

Thats aimed at anime otaku in Japan.

Why not the techniques and art direction but with different target demographics?

It doesn't have to be about lolis. It could be about shooting illegal immigrants or killing brownies.

I'm sure some of the more "professional" studios like KyoAni will eventually venture into foreign markets, probably China and stuff before US, to further their brand. But most studios are too busy surviving to think that far.

High investment
High risk
Low profit

Shows targeted at kids in Japan aren't that different.

I don't see any reason to hate American animation so much. I hope you don't think that anime is something special? Read last interview with Sadamoto

Japanese see less work hours as a bad thing and your average Japanese person is terrified by the thought of having to use English. It'll never happen.
Not to mention it's just cheaper to outsource the animation to Korea, which is what most studios do.

Also
>America
>better pay
kek

>kek
That's true. Because animator in America is not MC tier job

It will be different in US though. That kind of show would be labeled sexest/mysognist/satanist/etc

Japanese animators are making an average of 10k-20k a year.

Thats at poverty range in US. US animators make anywhere from 50k-500k a year.

Plus this is not about the average but rather about the industry professionals.

Don't have the article but a company is doing just that.

There are no US animators left, unless you mean 3D animators in which case you're right.

>There are no US animators left
>3D animators
Are you drunk? You think if movies are in 3D that means you don't need any 2d animation?

Where would you need traditional 2D animation in a 3D movie like Zootopia or Angry Birds for example? Storyboarding in 2D is not animation in case you were going to say that.

>Targeting Western demographic
We already have Trigger, user.

Because animation is only a small part of everyone's adult life, and most adults aren't supposed to watch animation

I want to fug Kuro.

youtube.com/watch?v=OqV63qRFoUs

They get crippled by sjw, soccer moms, and other groups, and end up producing the same shit that airs now in national networks. I doubt there's no one here with good ideas/willing to make better cartoons, is just that once they get filtered only the bland shit thats easiest to sell to large audiences without offending anyone is left.

>work.chron.com/much-money-can-make-animation-9425.html
Average US animators make 32k to 70k a year average.

Top 10% animators would make 100k+.

Those are easily much higher than Japanese average

>>crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/28/average-annual-income-of-a-japanese-animator-is-about-9200
Average Japanese animators make 9200 USD per year. Thats below poverty (12k a year for single person). On top of that, they work upto 11 hours a day.

>SJWs
>Feminists
>retarded murrican ways
>needing to pander to the god awful western anime fanbase or your shit won't sell
How about no?

Where did they use that in the movie? Nowhere? I see, so you were wrong.

You believe otakus are a superior japanese anime fanbase?

kek japanophile is too strong here

Have some perspective. Anime fans are shit wherever they congregate. Fans usually are, they're fanatics for a reason. What matters more is the pay and the living conditions.

-harder to find good artists for a decent pay
-higher costs in general
-harder to find a company willing to fund
-workhours limitations lengthing the time for it to be done
-cultural barrier, cant show nippslip in a series made for a christion county for example
-not the same demand for it if you compare to the east

summery
it costs more, in a country with less intrest in it

America prefer capeshit

>You believe otakus are a superior japanese anime fanbase
Never said that. Western fanbase in general are cancer that will kill anything they came into contact with.

They have 2D animators in credits.

There's not as much market in america for lingering close-ups of 12 year old's underwear

Show me the 2D animation Zootopia used.

Honestly Anime's problem is the fact the bubble economy was a shit idea and now their money is worth more as toilet paper than currency.
Not to mention the low birth rates lead to less of an audience to appeal to.

so it can flop like Nichijou and put them in an even deeper hole?

Show me Zootopia BD

>Japanese fanbase creates doujin
Name one thing the Western fanbase contributes.

Cancer

Cartoon network exist. Animation as a channel exist.

It exists in every country where theres TV. Children exist and associate animated face more easily than real faces.

There's always a market. There might not be a market for otaku pandering slice of life, there might not be a market for harem genre, but there will be a market none the less.

Anime cons and meetups.

Sup Forums.

UN knocking on Japan's front door.

SoL is popular in every medium of every country.

People only go to those for the orgies with desperate, lonely nerds.

they take the time to acquire and translate anime and manga and give it out for free so that fags like you dont have to spend your parents hard earned money on them or moonrune lessons. you wouldnt be here if it wasnt for the western fanbase but leave anyway

Actually, the comic book fandom is smaller and is declining. The closest anyone under 20 nowadays is gets to comic books are cartoons, video games, and movies based on them.

Manga is big with kids and it's still expanding in popularity. It also has a huge female fanbase which comics don't.

Cartoons aren't taken seriously in the west. Ask any soccermom or male 40 or older and they'll tell you cartoons are for kids.

And anything that isn't explicitly for kids is super edgy capeshit for angsty teens.

>translate anime
Sup Forums pls. Fansab is dead for years

There's no market for it in America. Similar animated programs do poorly. Look at things like The Venture Bros or Legend of Korra.

>south park is for kids
Right.

Or Simpsons clones.

Americans don't need to draw themselves with bright hair colours for the sake of TV because you an already differentiate the live actors.

Comic-fag here. I can confirm that we're eating shit. The only thing keeping some companies alive are video games and movie royalties.
On the plus side, Eurofag comics are pretty decent.

Adult cartoons are not so popular. And people still call them "retarded cartoons". Even underground "adult animation" is "cartoons for kids" youtube.com/watch?v=WfI69DC_jaw

we still have weekly threads about translated anime we wouldnt get for months back in the west. you dont need to be angry that youre wrong

Korra was straight garbage though. By the end it was only shippers and fetishfags.

>Comic-fag here. I can confirm that we're eating shit.
And some have done so proudly for decades.

I love SP as much as anyone but come on. No one takes that show seriously.

The original avatar cartoon ran for 3 years straight. The second season Legnd of Korra ran for 2 years straight. Roughly about 60 episodes and 50 episodes.

Thats pretty decent.

Venture Bros ran for 6 seasons. 71 episodes.

Even so, 12 episode format could very well be imported to American animation industry to cycle through fresh ideas.

Cartoon network airs 24/7. There's disney toon. Nicolodean channel. etc

There is a market. I don't get why people are saying there is no animation market in America. There isn't a market for harem genre. There isn't a market for japanese shinto buddhist cultural anime. But there certainly is infinite amount of room for market in US/world.

Read something besides Marvel.

I recomend Hellboy or anything from Mike Mignola.

Anime production like you see in Japan wouldn't be sustainable in USA if they had to pay their animators American wages.

I can't keep reading Hellboy when I already have most of the Hellboy and BPRD trades.

Stop. All comics are shit. I get that you want to do the whole DC/Marvel thing and tell him indie is good but no.
Just stop.

So edgy.

They pay shit ton of money for shit like Adventure Time. If the Japanese migrants got paid even half that, they would be better off.

I am the Razor's Edge
Sharpened to an attometer

Then they would have to live in your shithole of a country.

Not the other guy, but cartoons suck shit, even for the indie scenes. Its garbage. Literal trash garbage.

Face it. You don't need an edge master to tell you that when its apparent.

Immigration laws.

"You want to come to America to make animation, for what, Dizney?"

"No, for ourselves!"

"Fuck that"

Why the fuck would you willingly move to the US to make a startup? Why the fuck would you willingly want to live in the US if you're not rich?

US actually permits immigration if its due to work reason. Work visa is what its called.

If they wish to be a US citizen, then all they need to do is stay there for a while and do the test.

Everyone is the US is rich compared to other countries.

Being poor in America means you at least have a large TV, AC, food, clothes on your back etc.

Even if you're poor in the US, you're still much better off than 90% of the world.

are you fucking serious? they don't do 2d animation anymore.

>trading your freedom for a large TV and AC
No thanks.

Keep trying, countries with higher salaries often mean higher cost of living.

Because they can't make something like pic related in the west.

Heck they won't be able to make it come 2020 or post-Hollywoodization of their shit.

Fuck white people.

Why is this a gif

Who is paying them and where are they getting the pay from?
It's not like they can just make a studio in the US, make some anime, and suddenly earn big bucks.

You also lack things like health care, good internet depending on the location or you privacy.

Some people prefer putting images as gif because of quality reasons.

What are you talking about

Yes and thank god I do not live in a mud hut or some swamp trash or russia

>anime start up company
get a jap manga artist to work and make it big in the US first and then ask for something as complicated as animation production

Because they wouldn't be able to sexualize lolis (or most underage characters) if they did that.

>be 92.98% less likely to be in prison
>be 92.11% less likely to be murdered
Heh.

>murrica
>land of the """""""free""""""""""
Pick one.

>come 2020
You actually believe that Japan will censor and cut down on their culture in order to appeal to close minded retarded white people? Really? Fucking hell, the other day people were talking about the possibility of Love Live being in the opening ceremony.

>expatistan.com/cost-of-living/comparison/seattle/tokyo?currency=USD

Seattle vs Tokyo

Seattle is cheaper to live in. Cost of Living is higher in Tokyo.

>cheaper housing/clothing/travel/entertainment
>same food cost
>tiny bit expensive personal care

If you include the salary count, then Seattle become MUCH MUCH cheaper to live than Tokyo for an animator.

Only counts if you're black or white. If you're asian/japanese, chances of you being in jail is so much lower. This applies to nearly all facets of crime.

Popular idol shit being in the opening would just be more COOL JAPAN and not them trying to shutter stores that sell loli shit and eromanga.

Japan isn't Tokyo, and if you want to be as objective as possible you should compare it to San Fransisco since it's were most creative and tech industries, including startups are.

expatistan.com/cost-of-living/comparison/san-francisco/tokyo

Yeah, okay. Come back when actually, anything, or ANY indications of your crack theories coming to fruition have happened.

Probably because among other reasons, Japanese people enjoy being able to not give a shit.

>them trying to shutter stores that sell loli shit and eromanga
Holy crap, you actually believe this shit?

San Francisco and the Bay area price escalation is due to Silicon Valley.

Tokyo has one of the biggest animation industry. Seattle/Westcoast is one of the best place for Japs to move to. Its got good temperature/people/culture/etc and roughly 13% are Asians. San Francisco has nearly 20% as Asians too, but due to its high price, its not worth it unless Hollywood.

Seattle/Portland/Vancouver would do really well for animators.

Transparency and low file-size.

Make anything that isn't Blue's Clues, Spongebob, or Family Guy, and no station will braodcast their shit, and any normalfag who sees it will chimp out.