Best Drama Ever- Handmaids Tale

Is this what Sup Forums wants?
Or is it just more lefty rape fetish drivel?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid's_Tale
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Atwood
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Surely it is better than western themed AI awakening

most awkward 3 way ever

What the fuck is this about? Why is it and "this is us" shilled so much?

What's this?
Reminds me of a Radio 4 thing I listened to like a decade ago. The wife couldn't have kids so the husband fucks the maid while she holds hands with the wife and rests her head on her vagine

Men control women or something and it's #SoFuckedUp

Google the author.
She has some interesting face and hair features for sure.

Boring, dropped after half a episode.

Fuck me, the Radio 4 adaptation was 17 years ago. I must have been listening to a repeat a few years later, but still. I'm fucking old.

From wiki
In the near future, fertility rates collapse as a result of sexually transmitted diseases and environmental pollution.[1] With this chaos in place, the totalitarian, Christian theonomic government of "Gilead" establishes rule in the former United States in the aftermath of a civil war.[2][3][4] Society is organized by power-hungry leaders along a new, militarized, hierarchical regime of fanaticism and newly created social classes, in which women are brutally subjugated, and by law are not allowed to work, own property, handle money, or read.[4] Worldwide infertility has resulted in the conscription of the few remaining fertile women in Gilead, called handmaids, according to an "extremist interpretation" of a Biblical account.[4] They are assigned to the homes of the ruling elite, where they must submit to ritualized rape with their male masters in order to become pregnant and bear children for those men and their wives.

Don't know about "This is Us" but it seems pretty AIDS as well

The wiki also said she's kept for breeding purposes yet had a husband and child before the revolution, and has had 3 previous breeding assignments. So she's had 4 fucking kids and is still kept for breeding, somehow I think not. Deluded female fantasy of everlasting fertility.

Tried to get into this and was for a time because I was drawn to the character in red.. but it got to shilly and retarded. What provided levity was that the men and women who were in power positions were both niggers. In fact, the women of the society who were in power were actually far more evil hearted and cruel than the men. That being said, It got stupid around the time that it became a pity fest and centered too much on trying to connect this asshole power structure as being related to the bible or religion....

It's in certain cuts that you can see the shill like behavior creep through. Furthermore, in modern society one gives a shit about having kids as much as they tried to push this meme in the show. This is a boomer relic wrapped in some forward projection of modern dystopia. It has the overcast of cuckservative boomer religion and male/female role enforcement. Modern generations don't think or behave like this. It is an idea that will die with boomers. Hopefully these walking corpses will kick the can soon so we can move on from their fucked up and retarded views of the world.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid's_Tale
Published in 1985 .. Basically, it can be re-titled as : A boomer's tale.

A propaganda hit piece written by a boomer leaf in 1985 :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Atwood
that aimed to undermine America's Christian belief system by depicting a retarded extreme future dystopia. Dusted off and made into a tv show by kikes in order to fuel the flames and catalyze the modern dumb fuck woman who thinks a male's goal in life is to dominate and preside over their roastie asses. Given a layer of modernity to appeal to millenials who likely wont research the show's origins.

I think it's required reading in either Canadas' equivalent of middle school or high school. It's supposedly important today because we have a serial rapist in the white house. It was originally based off of the Iranian Revolution and politics of the late 70's, when women went from relatively equal, but then became the second class citizens they are today.

yeah because nobody ever has more than 4 kids...that being said, it's a shit show.

Read a Guardian article that literally said The Handmaids Tale won awards this year because of parallels in the current US administration. Leftists are fucking insane.

After about 3 the rate of genetic defects and all other sorts of problems increases dramatically. In a society that's authoritarian enough to assign people breeding partners, and is super Christian so probably won't allow abortion, you can be pretty sure they'd be efficient and prevent women from spawning useless retard children

I've seen this too.
>Pussy Grabbing
>Authoritarian subjugation
>Same thing

My grandmother had 15 kids...this was way more common back in the day if you have ever done any genealogical research you would know that.There's a reason why farmers had many kids...free labor.

Is "Us" fatty's preferred pronoun?

Looks like a nice old lady to me

>he totalitarian, Christian theonomic
Why arnt there ever movies about evil muslims or evil jews?

defective children are dealt with in the books, not sure what the show says about them.

its drivel. it REALLY jumps the shark when it seems like they've banned garden hoses and common sense for reasons

>Or is it just more lefty rape fetish drivel?

I read the summary and can't think of a better plot to satisfy childless middle age feminists

This book was required reading back in high school. All the girls got off on it, I couldn't sit through a single fucking chapter. Sparknotes, as usual, passed the tests for me.

>book made because rise of Iranian Islamic Republic
>IT'S TRUMPDURD FAULT!

progressives genuinely feel that tehy are always one step away from radical theocracy taking over the west. V for Vendetta is the same bullshit. They do not see that they have already sold their souls to the neocons/neolibs.

Sounds like a rational response to a collapse in fertility, leave it to women to paint the death of making as preferable to not being independent

Sounds like a rational response to a collapse in fertility, leave it to women to paint the death of mankind as preferable to not being independent

But muh respekt

It will be a vold day in hell when women understand respect is earned and not given

>After about 3 the rate of genetic defects and all other sorts of problems increases dramatically

What is dramatically? Up 3%? Goebbels had 7 kids. Birth rates skyrocketed under Hitler, some went up to 10-12 kids without any problems.

>A dystopian society where women are forced by the state to bear children
Shit, that's almost as bad as a dystopian society where men are forced by the state to kill and die in war.
Shit like this should be a cold fish slapping you in the face to anyone with shred of objectivity. It should be a stark reminder that historically, our culture has never demanded of women anything near as cruel or as monstrous as what is demanded of men.

Much like The Man in the High Castle, I can see myself viewing this series and sympathizing with the intended antagonist group.
Added to my viewing list

Are you sure it isn't just the age of the parents? Because I don't know why just /more/ children should affect genetics.