So, will we ever get a new Darkstalkers anime/manga? Is the franchise dead in Japan?

So, will we ever get a new Darkstalkers anime/manga? Is the franchise dead in Japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ki7J-z0rld0
youtu.be/0QWmGMw7V2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how can one get a new anything when they won't even make vampire 4

why not?

Needs more semen demons in anime

Vampire is a niche fighting game
Nowadays capcom can't even get fucking Street Fighter right

I have some of their old anthologies that they put out. Quite a number of artists. I'll scan them one of these days. Not like anyone will TL them.

how is it niche? It's just a fighting game with monster themed characters.

Melty blood is way more niche considering that 90% of the appeal is to fans of the Tsukihime series.

Savior still has tournaments weekly.

But capcom's faith in their fighters isn't what it was in the 90s due to a combination of things

what things

Lilith best girl

While Vampire Saviour was well received, people were still kinda miffed that some characters from Hunter got dropped.

Some thought it was for story reasons but in actuality, it was because the CPS2 boards couldn't hold all the characters. Darkstalkers characters were much more animated than Street Fighter characters so they took up more space.

So we ended up with VS2 and Vampire Hunter 2 games with different rosters, but nobody cared about them.

While the CPS3 boards would have fixed this issue by having more space, all the games for that flopped in arcades and Capcom lost a fuckton of money on them. In fact, the only successful ones were Jojo's Venture (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure in Japan) and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future) after they hit home ports for PS1 and Dreamcast.

All three versions of SF3 did horribly on release and people didn't actually care about the game until 3rd strike much later on.

And about ten people played Red Earth.

The 3D fighters also didn't do very well. Star Gladiator and SFEX? Got trumped by Virtua Fighter 3 and the Tekken series, especially Tekken 3. Plasma Sword? Soul Calibur looked much better.

Rival Schools did well enough to get a sequel but Project Justice didn't do too hot.

All of this, along with arcades dying in the west, hurt their faith in fighters and they moved on to other stuff. Street Fighter came back with SF4 but that was after Ono basically begged and had the sales of SF2HD Remix to back things up.

Marvel 1 and 2, Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom did well but it wasn't enough to convince the heads at Capcom. Even people who worked on the games didn't think fighters had anything left. Ono got shit talked by his staff and all until SF4 turned out to be a huge success. Marvel 3 being a success also helped things.

Then SFxT happened...now SF5's launch was a raging dumpster fire.

youtube.com/watch?v=ki7J-z0rld0

The franchise is dead but Morrigan, Lilith and Demetri are eternal guest stars. I mean Morrigan's popularity alone far outstrips her own franchises to the point where I only first became aware of her from playing the original MvC in arcades back in the day but there was never a Darkstalkers machine anywhere around

You sure you want a game adaptation?
wonder what Mario would be like

Lilith makes me so fucking rock hard.

>Morrigan is the one that gets whored out in every crossover
>not the infinitely superior Lilith

Fuck

When i was really young, most arcade games costed 20 cents to play. By the time i hit 20, they had jumped to 50 cents each which was wayyyy too expensive.

And the big arcade games (usually the ones with mounted guns) cost $1 or $2 to play. Dumb. No wonder arcades are dying.

They should do a manga series, i mean, succubi in skintight leotards, otaku would eat it up like candy.

the boom cartoon wasn't actually that bad.
We've only seen the design for the new Megaman cartoon and personally I can't bring myself to be mad at it because it's just one of the many other looks MM has.

Can't speak for the pac-man cartoon

well that's kind of a reason. But mostly because people figured they could just buy a game for a console once and play it instead of spending money every week/day to play something at the arcade

so why didnt they just release games for the console instead of for the arcade?

youtu.be/0QWmGMw7V2w

Morrigan rocked the hime cut before it was even really all that popular a design trait. Also tits probably have something to do with it. Lilith appeals more to the lolicon sort of fan but as that's caught on more she's been appearing a fair bit more as well. Also there's kind of the whole thing with Lilith sort of actually being Morrigan or at least an aspect of her power. Canonically they've already fused back together and Morrigan is ungodly powerful to the point where Demetri can't even fight on par with her anymore.

Lilith is a pettanko which for some reason no one remembers is a body type.

I liked her because she was a lithe, flat chested, young teen.