Anime will never again be as amazing and interesting as the first time you saw it

>Anime will never again be as amazing and interesting as the first time you saw it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4d96dZSnto
youtube.com/watch?v=_-_zVQHDgp8
youtube.com/watch?v=7Zt9DvZ-zHA
desustorage.org/a/search/filename/1459619831905.png/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've only watched about 200 ish shows and I started LotGH last week and it feels really good to watch something that for me is quite different.

>nothing in your life will ever be as amazing and interesting as it used to be

That's wrong. Sounds like you don't belong here.

>That's wrong! You're dumb! Stop thinking what I don't think!

Who are you quoting? It sure as hell isn't' anyone in this thread.

I'm actually getting more into it as time goes. I want to branch out into new genres and catch up on the bigger franchises.

My first anime was Heidi, followed by Marco, then Mazinger, Cobra, Captain Future, Harlock, Saint Seya and Sailor Moon, in that order.

I constantly find new anime more interesting than most of the ones mentioned above, with the possible exception of Cobra and the space baseball arc

>You will never go back to the times when you were young and happy watching anime and genuinely loving every second of it

Hibike felt that amazing to me when I watched it. We can always hope for 1 or 2 shows per year that are great enough to bring back those old feelings.

>Those glorious nights when i was just getting in to anime and was continously binging anime episodes without even pausing for shit

>Those times where everything was fresh and enjoyable to you
>tfw now i either get bored 10 minutes in or keep pausing every minute
>tfw now i barely finish 1 show off my backlog in a month

Memory wipe needs to be a thing already.

Exactly, it isn't all doom and gloom once you watch most of the classics. There will always be new anime, and rare they may be, you'll find something new to love just as much as the older shows.

As visual helps, have this
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4d96dZSnto

youtube.com/watch?v=_-_zVQHDgp8

youtube.com/watch?v=7Zt9DvZ-zHA

On the one hand that's true, some of the few shows I've watched in the beginning (Clannad, Anohana) are still my favorites because it was all so new back then.

On the other hand, the more shows you watch, especially shitty ones, the more you get to appreciate those few gems in this huge mud of shit that is anime.

>this thread

>All those animes you watched when you were younger
>All those conventions you went to and bought tons of shit from
>All those friends you made from this hobby
opposed to now
>Neet
>Living alone barely talking to anyone
>Spend my days watching anime reading manga and playing games
Where did we go so wrong

>animes
>tumblr
>conventions
>blog posting

I think I can tell

No.

While it's true for the shows like Death Note/TTGL/CG/Toradora etc basically any entry level stuff from 00s, only when I hit my early 20s I learned to truly appreciate SOL. Yeah I get less excited by the "action" stuff, but enjoy the relaxing anime much more now.

I'm not exactly sure what I hate more: that I will never again be so hyped for an anime to watch it six times in row, or the fact I watched the fucking Clannad six times in row.

To add, I do miss that feeling when some drama/romance or just some action show hit you so much you'd get depressed for days. Nothing really affects me that much anymore.

Clannad is good

Anime was never good.

>Hurr sharing experiences is bad
Yeah and Thomas Edison was a fucking witch right dude?

Nice meme

My first anime was Sword Art Online. Yes, it's been 4 years.
I'm honestly surprised I decided to keep watching anime.

But not great enough to watch it more often than every few years.

i'm with you user.

can't really bring myself to watch much action stuff in any given season these days. i watched one punch man because that was a funny spin on the shonen formula. but then the next season that boku no hero acadamia thing came out and it's just shonen capeshit according to my brother. i guess you just start seeing the patterns in a lot of the action stuff and character development is generally worse off.

SOL still seems to be fresh to me. that said i only got into it proper this year, mostly kyoani stuff.

>Japanese will never again sound as cool as it did when you first heard it, now that you understand it

>someone speaks nearly fluent english in anime
>they start speaking japanese again
>think to myself "whew, they're talking like normal people again"

I hear it's great enough to watch 6 times in a row, even.

>Japan will never be as interesting as it was when you started watching anime

>relying on others for happiness

Taking a brake every now and then works wonders. That's why i've given up on watching airing anime weekly.

It's true.

There's never been a good original and all adaptions are Inferior to the source material.

Sometimes I go back to playing video games more, but then I'll see a show that really resonates with me and I love anime all over again.

anime original > manga > anime adaptation of manga > manga adaptation of anime

I actually do kind of miss when I was like 15 just discovering the real Internet and could watch like any anime and think "wow this is so new and different"

I'm the same way. I used to eat actionshit like candy and dismiss other anime.
Now I get bored when there is too much action and not enough character interaction.

Its almost funny how I'm positive I would have adored TTGL back when I first started watching anime, but now I can't even finish it.

But then you learned the tropes and realized they recycle the same shit as much as we do.

I still remember my first low budget ecchi battle harem. It was demon king daimo. I was confused with the amount of nudity in it and it was all new to me.

>tfw only started watching anime less than a year ago and it still has its magic

I-it wears off?

Maybe not for a while but a few or ten years down the lane or sth when you look back on it you really want to go back to that time

Remember when you could watch anime on Youtube?

Color Wars will always hold a special place in my heart. It was one of the few shows where the dragon was the best girl.

Once you get like 8-10 years in and start having a backlog and are watching seasonal shows, then it starts to wear off.

I still enjoy anime but I don't watch as much seasonal stuff as I used to

I started watching it with DBZ, Saint Seiya, Bleach, it does get much better

In my times, when I watched anime and cartoons for the first time, we still had tube TV.
You spoiled little brats and your silly internet.

I still do when I'm on the mood of some old anime in my local language. Imma not going to download a fucking torrent just for one or two episodes.

My first ecchi was Kanokon, but sadly I don't remember what exactly did I feel while watching it.

Some things get better after the second or third viewing.

At least, this movie did for me.

What's the general opinion on dragonball super on Sup Forums?

I only watched some fight scenes and the overall quality seems pretty bad. The feel is more like they all just do the fighting for fun, like the first dragonball with a lot of sillyness instead a serious threat?

Or maybe I'm just too old for this. Still looks worse than 20 years ago in the fights.

desustorage.org/a/search/filename/1459619831905.png/
Reminder to report Ruggarell threads.

>likes lolis
>no posts about milfs
That isn't Ruggarell

Same goes for literally everything in life.

MAGA
Make Anime Great Again

Fucking this how can nobody reply to this feel?
Are you me?
I can't even follow seasonal shit, I force myself and it's not joy that anime brings me anymore

>you will never watch sword of the stranger for the first time again

I'm still into it a decade on, because my hobby has evolved into a life goal of being a 40-something gaijin living in Japan. Now it's just a matter of saving up twenty years' of income and perfecting my Japanese.
I like to do shit like making takoyaki for the lonely old Japanese man who lives in my town. Oh, and I built a souzu in my garden. It's actually pretty functional, because we get deer here. Sometimes I blog on Sup Forums as well.

Souzubare anti deer? We learn things everyday

>really enjoy an anime from the start
>watch a lot of it over a short period of time
>realize about halfway through that it will be over faster than I realized
>start eking out as much as I can, watching maybe two episodes per day
>get to the last episodes
>realize I'm about to never watch this whole anime for the first time ever again and I'll know all the twists and surprises
>get sad as I finish the final episodes
>but be happy that I watched the show
That's the only thing I subjectively judge an anime by. If I was sad that it ended but happy because I watched it, it was good anime.

Do you wear a kimono around town?

Why would you save up 20 years if all you need is good education to work there? Go to university and apply for a visa

I thought you died in the tsunami.