Which is better adaptation of Berserk, the new movies or the old anime? How much stuff do they skip?

Which is better adaptation of Berserk, the new movies or the old anime? How much stuff do they skip?

I don't care for the quality of the animation as much as how faithful the adaptation is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWt5WB7wtJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The manga.

Well then, which is the best option to reread the manga and why it isn't the Band of the Hawk scans?

Dark Horse.

The movies are more 'faithful' but skip overall. The anime leaves out a few things but the changes were approved by Miura, overall I think it's the superior version for the new fan, and when you get to the manga after that the extra material is just a bonus.

Read the manga and watch the old anime. the old anime really does berserk justice. Sure it left out some little details, and the animation is not always that great, but it really respects the source material and the characters. Also the music and the voice acting (in the english dub) are both great. overall it is a decent adaptation, way better than those rushed shitty cgi movies that skip like 2/3 of the story.

Have to agree with this guy. The music adds so damn much to the sad moments of the band arc.

I forget, what's the group that makes everyone talk like a thug? Didn't they do some of the later berserk scans?

youtube.com/watch?v=rWt5WB7wtJ0

wheather its his first time with caska, him making a hard decision or thinking about his life, this theme just fits guts so well.

Also, those outtakes are gold.

The discussion about bonfires of life and being a wanderer hit me like a train because of this theme. The vocals are just so powerful.

Dark souls

Not OP but does the old anime include stuff from Guts' childhood?

I've read the manga and I heard that the movies skipped that.

Yes. If I remember right, they chose not to include WMN, and instead focused on Gambino's more direct abuse.

I'd say the original anime is a better adaptation as a whole package despite leaving things out like Puck and 75% of the black swordsman arc. I don't see why they'd end it with Guts leaving Godo's house all dressed up and also leave out all the other shit that happens directly after the Eclipse, it just doesn't make sense.

Personally I think the new anime is going to be like a combination of the old anime and the movies, so you might as well watch both then read the manga.

>Personally I think the new anime is going to be like a combination of the old anime and the movies,
New anime will be direct follow up to movies.

Mangas the best, the old anime was toie tier will still frame up the ass and bad voice acting. As where the newer movies were okay, Even th CGI wasn't bad. I was mad they left out this nigga though.

I guess it is somewhat understandable, that whole situation alone would take up 45 min to an hour.

But it was cool and we got to see Zodd rip that guy in half to show the gap between Guts and Zodd at that point.

I meant in a tonal sense. Berserk is much better suited to an episodic format.

This is true as the manga has so many small and long arcs that feel a lot more like episodes. Unlike shit like fairy tail that just goes forever.

For sure that whole chase was god tier. My first time reading that I was just flipping through those pages wondering what would happen next. And Guts being able to take him out solo was one of the high points in the series. Realistically though including the whole chase is long and could not fit in the movie. It could have worked for the TV series if they were allowed a couple episodes to do it.

As much as I have grown tired of watching it I would not care if they did another Golden Age anime, as long as they do it correctly and include everything.

Yea, It was nice re-reading all agian as of recent.
I never get tired of this series. This moment always makes me nut.