Ban Social Media Trolls From Voting, Election Watchdog Suggests

theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/18/ban-social-media-trolls-from-voting-election-watchdog-suggests?CMP=twt_gu

>Electoral Commission says bans could be considered in attempt to reduce amount of abuse faced by politicians
>The Electoral Commission says legislation around elections should be reviewed and new offences could be introduced.
>They say some electoral offences can result in an offender being disqualified from voting or from registering to vote. Such deterrents could be considered to stop abusive people, the submission says.

“In some instances electoral law does specify offences in respect of behaviour that could also amount to an offence under the general, criminal law.
>It may be that similar special electoral consequences could act as a deterrent to abusive behaviour in relation to candidates and campaigners,” it states.

Well Sup Forums, looks like your racist sexist misogyny must finally come to an end.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigatory_Powers_Act_2016
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/24/male-tory-mp-candidates-received-highest-percentage-twitter/
theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/05/diane-abbott-more-abused-than-any-other-mps-during-election
unvis.it/theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/05/diane-abbott-more-abused-than-any-other-mps-during-election
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And the definition of a "troll" shall remain solely the discretion of the special committee appointed to oversee this.

Every time I think things are bad in America I see shit like this and remember the rest of the world is already dead.

It's nice they included a picture of a troll with the article.

trolls will become bombers then

Can we ban welfare recipients?

this is actually very good new. the more they censor, the more they'll be resisted. and ridiculed.

So...

That's a man in a wig, right?

No balls. Do it faggots. Nothing would wake the sheep up faster than that.

Diane Abbott is a racist though. Why are you slobs never consistent? If you're going to be "anti-racist" at least pretend to give a fuck about all races equally, otherwise you lose all credibility and expose yourself as a piece of shit.

Ahahahahahah
Britcucks BTFO!
Enjoy your paki police state and the following Caliphate of Albion!

>Britbongs
>resisting anything

>Government imposes a new form of tyranny on its citizens
>Citizens avoid tyrannical government overstep and have less respect for rule of law and government agents
>Repeat until heads are on pikes

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigatory_Powers_Act_2016

Daily reminder that the UK is no longer a democracy and Brits have no right to their own privacy.

Britnons, if this happens you can bet your ass a lot of Americans will start harassing your politicans to take up the slack. This shit is unacceptable.

Looks like you humpty dumpfties won't be voting for long, but don't worry all of us undocumented REAL americans will vote for you. #HerTurn2020

Underrated

Sounds good to me. Most of the bans will be lefty loonies. The leftist female politicians who complain about this the most are the least affected.

> Male Tory MP candidates received the highest percentage of abuse on Twitter during the General Election campaign, new research has shown.

> Almost six per cent of messages directed at male Conservative candidates were found to be abusive while about two per cent of mentions involving female Labour candidates were abusive.

> It found that male Conservative MP candidates received the highest percentage of abuse on Twitter while male Ukip candidates were second with just over four per cent of their mentions deemed to be abusive.

> Male Labour candidates were next with just under four per cent while female Conservative candidates were also on about four per cent.

> Meanwhile, just over two per cent of female Labour candidate mentions were abusive.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/24/male-tory-mp-candidates-received-highest-percentage-twitter/

"Let's argue why we should strip the rights of people who hurt out feelings"

Meanwhile in the US.

"Let's argue why convicted felons should be able to vote."

This agenda is so apparent it's not even funny.

Nobody takes this whale seriously
Not even the leader of the Labour party, of which she is a member
She got her position out of sympathy

Part and parcel of living in a police state.

The best answer, no need for translation just some research into the topic.

maybe just dont be a shitty politician?
jesus yurop sort yourselves out

Man, to think just a few years ago I believed aggressive thought policing was more or less exclusive to Commies.

Is there anything that hasn't had a ban proposed for it in the UK?

Can't speak for others, but personally I've literally never taken my shitposting outside of Sup Forums. What pertubes me is what would be classified as "trolling". Is a political joke trolling? Is quoting a politician's statement back at them trolling? Is parodying their ideologies, policies or careers trolling?

Sounds like a call to moderate freedom of speech more than anything, with the intent to impose a chilling effect on all moderate critics of politicians.

also
>becoming politician
>demanding not be heckled
I know a fascist when I see one.

Unchecked immigration?

they can't possibly enforce this. the 1984 crap only works in europoor countries because they are allowed to jail people for wrongthink. all it takes is a handful of people to get rounded up and put in the clink and people will censor themselves out of fear. but taking away people's right to vote? completely toothless. the majority of people in this country either don't vote or don't think there is a point to voting.

>thinking a leftist committee will define troll in a way that includes leftists.

theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/05/diane-abbott-more-abused-than-any-other-mps-during-election

She gets more abuse than any othe rperson in British politics on social media, yet she's still defending their right to vote. Then you look at the Twitter comments and it's the same right wing retards that can't even comprehend that she's defending them being able to vote.

Hopefully you guys will be able to join me in the civilised elite radical centrist haven where you must at least have an IQ of 130, safe from the stupidity of the type of people that comment about politics like the cringey low class trash they are.

Let's archive that
unvis.it/theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/05/diane-abbott-more-abused-than-any-other-mps-during-election

>he gets more abuse than any othe rperson in British politics on social media
But that's not true, even though I am certain she receives her fair share.

>Jeremy Corbyn, Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Sadiq Khan bore the brunt of social media attacks with the quartet receiving more than 50 per cent of the total number of abusive tweets sent to UK politicians in the run up to June 8.
>Almost six per cent of messages directed at male Conservative candidates were found to be abusive while about two per cent of mentions involving female Labour candidates were abusive.

Regardless, it would be political suicide to do anything of the kind and even brainlet abbott realises this. Wages have been stagnating for decades, housing is at an all time-low, personal debt sky high, public and social services bogged down or outright becoming unavailable, police cuts, high terror threats, etc. If they diminish the people's right to complain, they'll be directly contributing to the downfall of the entire system and mean tweets will quickly become the least of their worries.

>The Guardian

>The Electoral Commission

As long as they start with the hundreds of twatter checkmarks who immediately reply to and spam every single Trump tweet with hate and insults

?

Lel Bongistan is lost. Ironic. I thought Brexit happened in order to uncuck Bongistan by getting rid of the EU, but it seems more like the EU is uncucking itself by getting rid of Bongistan.

Wrong person, I agree with your sentiment but question your faith in democracy.

Big if true.

How about we just ban people that look like trolls, like her

Gee, I wonder who gets to decide who's a troll.

Literally 0 chance of it happening, I guarantee it's a cheap PR stunt trick for politicucks like Abbott and pals to look good by voicing their opposition to the alleged policy. The electoral commission can put forward proposals but they have to be ratified and voted on by the commons and then can be appealed/rejected by the crown's court if they violate any pre-existing legislations like freedom of speech/right to vote/etc/etc. Nah, it's just a media spin for shit like 's picrelated.

>w-we arent the bad guys
>we totally not fucking with you
>s-see we care about freedumbs just like you plebs

Never trust an Abbott guys I'm telling you to not trust anyone with that or a similar last name.

ban anybody who disagrees with me from voting in elections.

>his entire life is controlled by Germany
>ja ja ja Bongistan is lost lol :)))

Put the bong down son.

Anyone who doesn't start shooting politicians if that comes to pass is a cuck.

joke's on you. I stopped voting long ago

>faith in democracy
That wasn't what I was trying to communicate, so my bad if it came across like that. To be more explicit the system is evidently rigged and only maintained by a few pressure valves to manage public dissent. Passing laws like these would only accelerate public disillusionment with the current system, so it will get canned quickly. It's either one of two things: some retards momentarily forgot about needing to maintain appearances, or it's a PR stunt to "endear" politicians back in the heart of the people by spinning them as "freedom advocates". Whichever way, I seriously doubt anything will come out of this latest parliamentary meme.

That can't be legal.

The only way you're denied the vote is if you've been to jail or are a foreigner. They'd have to outlaw trolling, which is vastly different from people who are stupid enough to use their real social media accounts to harrass others.

>They'd have to outlaw trolling
For which there is still no clear legal definition. Depending on whom you speak to and the context, trolling can mean harrassment, dissent, criticism or mockery within the digital sphere. Good luck sorting that mess. It's become a catch-all term for butthurt media figures who can't handle any form of bants.

Good luck whore.

>t. 1984 was not a guidebook

Parasite keep-alive social programs can't collapse fast enough. These weak worthless fucks survive solely on the backs of productive whites, and they never stop taking more and more and more with both hands.

>denies the vote if you have been to jail or are a foreigner

This does not apply if you are a democrat

I dare them to remove voting rights from citizens