Why are kids forced to attend school when we know from psychology that people generally don't remember what they learn...

Why are kids forced to attend school when we know from psychology that people generally don't remember what they learn and that the transfer of learning doesn't occur very much?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fissure
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Indoctrination

Have to put kids somewhere during the day, otherwise they become NEETs like me.

>people generally don't remember what they learn
The fact you could write that message proves that some amount of your education was successful.

To get you prepared for wage slavery from a young age

People may not remember what they learnt but the exercise of learning is good for the brain. One can argue that the learning could be done at home but kids are so annoying these days that the parents need a break from them

It's actually this and the fact that most educators dont realize it is a reason why modern education is shit. The modern education system started in Prussia as a way to prepare kids for factory work and to be obedient citizens.

This is wishful thinking. Studies show that this idea that you're exercising your brain in some way is not true. Learning is very specific. Learning to do one thing doesn't affect your ability to do another task well unless those two tasks are almost identical. The overwhelming majority of people can't generalize what they learn and apply it in a different context.

Schools are totally Jewed today. In a real society, schools are good.

Who is this QT3.14 in the photo?

I ask because I dated a Jewish girl who looked identical to her.

Because school isn't about learning or career preparation at all. It's about ideological indoctrination and teaching you how to socialize the way the government wants you to. This is why if you don't attend school, a man with a gun known as a truancy officer forces you to go to school, just like treasury agents will show up with guns if you don't pay your taxes.

This is a summary of the literature on the transfer of learning.

>
> [T]ransfer is especially important to learning theory and educational practice because very often the kinds of transfer hoped for do not occur. The classic investigation of this was conducted by the renowned educational psychologist E. L. Thorndike in the first decades of the 20th century. Thorndike examined the proposition that studies of Latin disciplined the mind, preparing people for better performance in other subject matters. Comparing the performance in other academic subjects of students who had taken Latin with those who had not, Thorndike (1923) found no advantage of Latin studies whatsoever. In other experiments, Thorndike and Woodworth (1901) sought, and generally failed to find, positive impact of one sort of learning on another. Thorndike's early and troubling findings have reemerged again and again in other investigations. For instance, the advent of computer programming as a school subject matter stimulated the proposal that computer programming developed general problem solving skills, much as Latin was thought to cultivate mental discipline. Unfortunately, several experiments seeking a positive impact of learning to program on problem solving and other aspects of thinking yielded negative results (see Pea and Kurland 1984, Salomon and Perkins 1987).

Find and read John Taylor Gatto's Underground History of American Public Education.

Forgot to add these two
>good to develop social skills
>good to share diseases between kids

I think it's Patricia Gozzi

Socialization, mainly.

Directed at

>we know from psychology
>we know from (soft science)

Lmao fuck off op

>mmuh scheming smart people keeping me down
LMAOing @ your life lad, you have only your laziness to blame for your life's failure

You learn to read.
You learn the multiplication table.
You learn about what you could learn if you wanted to.
You learn to deal with people and stress.

That alone is plenty of reason to go to school.

>no facts just some Jew name calling

That quote is no better than the average post I see on yahoo comments every single day.

Keep crying bitch nigga, that quote fits OP to a tee, but let me know of you need me to spoonfeed you an explanation

School is not good to develop social skills because you are confined to people within a similar age group. Studies show that homeschooled children are much more well-socialized because they interact with a wider range of people from different age groups.

I plan on homeschooling, putting my kids in many groups, and school clubs. I want them to have every advantage socially and intellectually.

I just need to find a wife.

The Industrial Revolution shut down all the coal mines and lumber mills they used to work at.

I'm not a Trump supporter.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

They still learn, that's why.

It is not what you learn, but that you learn how to learn.

This. The same stuff is repeated over and over and unless the child is interested it doesn't fucking matter. Traditional education is also amazingly inefficient. Waiting until high school to start Algebra 1 for most kids is insane. That shit should be elementary or middle school (for some it is). High school fucking sucked and I'm glad I'm gone, although I still have to put up with bullshit useless classes even though I'm a STEM major.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fissure

See

its just good goy camp

Grades 1-8 necessary. Reading writing and basic math. High school, opportunity to specialize. College is useless unless it is stem, architecture, biochem.

They use college as an opportunity to indoctrinate, create debt so whites cannot start families.

Not to mention, 90% of the day you're not allowed to talk to your fellow students.

Yes. School is an artificial environment that does not prepare you to socialize in any different context.

ieva laguna

yandex image search is superior