Wh-why did she have to turn into a cow

Wh-why did she have to turn into a cow

Cause this series is really deep or something.
My mum said "Giuseppe you eat a too many cannoli you gonna turn into a cannoli" so it's like, social commentary or something lol. Like, gluttony and vanity man, it's pretty similar. Whoa. Artsy anime of all time. Holy heck. Utena. It's a lifestyle.

In Greek mythology the cow is associated with the goddess Hera, the wife of her philandering brother Zeus.
It symbolizes her desire to have Onii-sama take her.

Thats her secret user, she's always a cow.

B-but how was I supposed to know that
2deep

Because Anthy wanted her to and sent her the cowbell, because she's a witch.

Anthy literally did nothing wrong.

Touga is Zeus, Ruka is Hades, Jury is Athena, Miki is a mixed between Artemis and Apollo with his twin sister.
Not sure who Saionji is tbph. Posideon it would seem, but what do they have in common?

They're all being played by the older gods of the Egyptians, Osiris and Isis.

Cows don't lay eggs.

It's basic symbolism. The cowbell she gets is boobs. At first she's proud of her budding bosom and wants to show it off to all her classmates. Nanami is very shallow at first and defines herself by how others see her. But soon she starts to fear being defined by the one trait. Ya know, the whole cowtits thing and all. Her ditching the cowbell is her growing up and accepting her own changes and not needing to flaunt her body, with herself being the accessory to her features.
It's very simple symbolism. Not some bullshit about gods and mythology.
Nanami's episodes really aren't meant to be taken all that seriously and are mostly self-contained parables about growing up and self discovery, which are the primary themes of Utena as a whole.

i like this interpretation, although i feel there isnt much to support it outside of your head canon. did ikuhara ever say he used olympus as inspiration?

>did Ikuhara ever symbolism?

Because she couldn't turn into a car.

Because she fell asleep after eating.

Nanami can do anything.

Turn into? She was always a sow.

>cow
>sow

Ao hair, always playing second fiddle to his brother even though he's powerful enough in his own right.

Also
Miki = Mercury
Nanami = Venus
Utena = Earth (a native child is born)
Touga = Mars
Saionji = Jupiter
Juri = Saturn
Shiori = Uranus
Ruka = Neptune
Akio = Pluto

Based on hair colors and relative body size, mostly (with exceptions). Hence the planet motif and particularly the chant in Virtual Star Embryology. The whole series is a dance of the planets. Leepest dore.

Wait. Sow means pig? I thought it was cow. Damn.

>Ao hair, always playing second fiddle to his brother even though he's powerful enough in his own right.
Ja, that's what I thought but that doesn't quite seem enough- green vs. blue is still a visible difference, and the latter's kind of a random though plausible read-in.
>Seitokai plus Akio and Shiori
Seems pretty random to be honest. I'm guessing that you're basing it off of the astrological meanings? Or Sailor Scouts though that seems to make even less sense.

It really might just be the hair color. It just seems pretty convenient that the main duelists (plus Shiori, who I guess is special because she's involved with 2 duelists and has a special role in the movie) have somewhat tenuous but specific connections to astrological mythology (and yes, partly as interpreted by Sailor Moon). The smart one has blue hair and is small, the pretty one is blonde, etc. Touga is the only one who throws me for a loop as he's not at all like the other "inners" (younger and more naive than the others), but I can't get past the red hair and proximity to Earthtena.

Again, though, the orrery motif.

Nanami a cute! CUTE!