Trump Campaign Was Wiretapped?

Happening in progress?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html
web.archive.org/web/20170918230054/http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html
unvis.it/cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html
burr.senate.gov/press/releases/joint-statement-from-senate-intel-committee-leaders-on-wiretapping-evidence-at-trump-tower
ny.curbed.com/2016/10/25/13405036/trump-tower-residents-list
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Linky:

cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html

bamp

Trump claimed this was the case months ago, didn't he?

Why is no one talking about this?

Give me the tl;dr for the thread
and remember to archive that shit, buddy.
web.archive.org/web/20170918230054/http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html

>the irony of a FISA court saving the republic

if they had something good they would have use it long ago

IT'S. FUCKING. NOTHING. XRUMPFIES.

ALSO, SHE WON.

So the government tapped his phone lines and they still can't find anything Russia related.
really makes me think

>cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html
Why do I want to give CNN clicks?

Archived it for you
unvis.it/cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html

OBAMA IS GOING TO PRISON

OBAMA IS GOING TO PRISON

OBAMA IS GOING TO PRISON

OBAMA IS GOING TO PRISON

yes and the media grilled him over it

Isn't this basically Watergate? Breaking into a campaign headquarters to obtain information that can hurt the other candidate?

first link in the chain to a cat 4 chimpout?

obama committed a crime, he is going to prison

Thanks, Nord-bro. Skyrim is for the (you)s

Well the thing is it is a Watergate basically, the irony is nothing will really happen to Obama but the democrats will lose the next election and then some because of it.

Ironic someone needs to make one where Trump accuses Obama of wiretapping and then of the article that says he did it show it side by side.

It's exactly Watergate. Oh the Pottery.

This is watergate. You guys should be memeing this.

>"But Trump is literally a nazi, it's okay to abuse power to spy on and make sure those kinds of political rivals don't don be up to no good n sheeeit"

Should Richard Burr and Mark Warner step down from the Senate Intelligence Committee?

They look like fucking morons right now
burr.senate.gov/press/releases/joint-statement-from-senate-intel-committee-leaders-on-wiretapping-evidence-at-trump-tower

Just swap out a break in to the DNC by Republican operatives with Russian hacking of the DNC for Trump operatives

>Almond Joy unwrapped

tick tock drumpfies

>Sources say

I'm so sick of these sources. Even if it's true, since when are rumors considered credible news sources? News companies are not allowed to cite Wikipedia because it's unreliable, yet they treat gossip as gospel. Oh well, I guess it unrealistic to expect a headline to read "Rumor has it..."

HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
4D chess at its finest
CHECKM8

You guys know Manefort being wiretapped BEFORE the election for his Ukraine contacts has nothing to do with Trump's claim that Trump Tower was wiretapped.

The first FISA warrant was in 2014.

Two different wiretaps, brainlet. Manafort has been under investigation since 2006 for his Ukraine/Russia ties. That's separate from Trump's claims of taps in 2016.

I honestly can't believe CNN is using the term wiretapped. The whole controversy before was that Trump used that word when the proper term would have been "surveilled".

I know right. I had the same thought, it's like they are trying to pivot right away because they know the extent of this and how if they do not change tact right away they will be seen as even worse co-conspirators.

So who are the judges who issued an illegal FISA warrant? Lock they asses up first!!!

Retard, Trump said he was wiretapped and his campaign was wiretapped. Manafort was a KEY part of the campaign. He talked to Trump extensively. Therefore... Trump was wiretapped. The campaign was wiretapped. Fuck yourself.

Whats the point of wire tapping when we have the NSA? Just curious

Trump claimed Obama wiretapped him personally.
>several on going investigations
>trump team lawyering up
>muh nothing burger
We're reaching levels of mental gymnastics that shouldn't even be possible!

to circumvent NSA red-tape

this was done as far as I know through M-I6 in cahoots with the state and justice departments

Didn't we already do this with Flynn? What is happening on this timeline?

manafort lived in Trump Tower fucking shill

Wtf! I thought Manafort was living in Trump Tower during the campaign?! Are you saying they wiretapped him everywhere but where he was living?!?!

Why would Obama do such a silly thing.

COMMUNIST FACT: All communists are literal retards. Their brain is underdeveloped from malnutrition.
Just say NO to communism.
This message was paid for and approved by the Nazi frogs

The CNN article states that there were two wiretaps. One of them was issued for the Trump campaign as a whole, not just Manafort. Manafort was wiretapped starting in 2014. The second wiretap began and ended before and after the election respectively in 2016.

Is it safe to publicly say that CNN has become MSNBC?

>Trump claimed Obama wiretapped him personally.
(CNN)The Justice Department said in a court filing Friday evening that it has no evidence to support President Donald Trump's assertion in March that his predecessor, Barack Obama, wiretapped the phones in Trump Tower before last year's election.
And they did wiretap Trump Tower

perhaps he shouldn't have been trying to arrange illegal deals with the Russian govt lel (keeping in mind Manafort and Kushner also attended this meeting on """"""""adoptions""""""""")

Bump

Dont let this slide

No food = no land whales. Ball is in your court, Clapistan.

Right, they wiretapped Manafort not Trump or Trump Tower.

>trump: "The Trump campaign was wiretapped"
>dems/MSM: "crazy trump again, fucking liar you have no proof lol"
>6 months later
>turns out campaign chief, Manafort, WAS indeed wiretapped
>unclear if Trump himself was wiretapped
>FBI's first FISA warrant was legally obtained
>3 sources say wiretap sparked concerns among investigators that Manafort encouraged Russians to help in the election
>2 of these sources say that the evidence is not at all conclusive
>surveillance was discontinued due to lack of evidence according to sources
>somehow FBI obtains new FISA warrant and restarts surveillance
>warrants requires approval of top Justice Department and FBI officials and FBI must provide court with information showing suspicion

Did I get this right?
What was this suspicion? Or did the FBI under Obama illegally obtain the warrant?

How is this positive for Trump?
Ok, he got vindication for his wiretap tweet, but this only adds more fuel to the fire that people involved with his campaign were communicating with russians.

Also, how is this negative for Obama?

For all we know there was indeed suspicion and those reports about Manafort ARE correct.
Who even knows if the FISA warrant was illegally obtained?

Someone please clarify this situation for me.

Wrong moron. If Trump talks to a criminal who is wiretapped that's not the same as Trump being wiretapped. And even if he was, good. He's a criminal and he belongs in prison with Manafort.

was just thinking this Mr. Kek.

Bamp, cause front page is absolute cancer.

>Manafort not Trump or Trump Tower.
Manafort was IN Trump Tower

"phones"

we arent allowed to have another watergate

we should just stay in our little playpen

Every single fucking obnoxious liberal taking head that ridiculed trump after his tweet needs to issue an apology or resign.

>Knows that nothing will happen even as he types it.

Given the Justice Dept says Trump wasn't wiretapped, and Manafort's long history of assisting Russian backed candidates in Eastern Europe I have no fucking idea why they might be curious what he's up to.

Keeping in mind he also had his house raided by the FBI quite recently, and also may have turned on Trump (with Manafort likely being the one who squawked on the meeting w/ the Russian lawyer last year)...idk what else there is to really say.

>trump campaign
>manafort started being watched in 2014

sorry tard. you lose again.

This

Bump

get out of here with your objective, non autistic interpretations of reality

Tell me what's false about Trumps tweet. Look at it. He claims Trump Tower was wiretapped. Manafort lived in Trump Tower. Manafort was wiretapped. The CNN article states that the wiretapping was ended due to lack of evidence. Trump's tweet was 100% factual.

So why is twitter, Sup Forums, plebbit etc etc filled with trump supporters claiming victory?
How is this positive for Trump whatsoever?
This seems like a pretty neutral situation with both sides looking bad.

Saved

COMMUNISM FACT: No ideology has killed more of their own people through starvation in world history.
Think about that for a minute, in the entire world history there has never been a more incompetent system of government in the most basic task of not letting your citizens die from lack of resources. Now they want to replace the most successful system in world history in terms of resource production with the most disastrous in terms of self preservation.

Yes this

Because it says the wiretap was ended due to lack of evidence and it validates Trump's claims from months ago.

"my" and "just before the victory"

The article states Manafort was under surveillance as a suspected foreign agent (which he has since registered as) since 2014. Again though, could it have anything to do with his history of assisting Kremlin backed political campaigns in Eastern Europe, as well as more recent revelations such as pic related? (A meeting he definitely attended with Kushner and Jr?)

Facts are lost on these apes. Not even worth it, user.

kill yourselves

That's not what happened.
The FIRST serveillance was discontinued due to lack of evidence.

The FBI then restarted the investigation and (somehow) got a new FISA warrant.
In order to get this new FISA warrant, they'd have to provide the court with information showing suspicion.
So either they DID provide said information, which makes Manafort look really bad.
Or they didn't and the FBI illegally obtained the warrant.

This only is good for Trump if the second scenario happened.
If the first scenario happened, more fuel is added to the "muh russia" fire.
But right now, we simply don't know.

I guess his claim is validated, but at what cost?

Don't ever direct link CNN again faggot

It's not, the pedes have been claiming everything as a victory for awhile. See through the spin, this only adds further credence to the on going investigation. Memes don't hold up well in court I'm afraid.

>The surveillance was discontinued at some point last year for lack of evidence, according to one of the sources.

>The FBI then restarted the surveillance after obtaining a new FISA warrant that extended at least into early this year.

So, kinda? They restarted it and extended it into 2017. It's very possible it simply was absorbed into the wider Mueller probe (or possibly into any of the four other concurrent Congressional investigations) There's rumors that Manafort leaked the email chain of the Trump tower meeting as well, since he was cc'd into it and is under probably the largest pressure from Mueller n friends.

He owns Trump Tower. "My" is the correct usage.

ree

Tick, tock...

Literally the best you've got.

It is watergate, except Obama was a nigger and a democrat so nothing will happen to him or anyone else involved because this government is complete dogshit

>CNN

CNN is fake news. President Trump said so himself. Why do you believe anything they have to say?

You should thank Don Jr and Assange for having that picture to share

That entire meeting has been discredited as a fraudulent set up to get "compromising" material on members of Trump's orbit necessary to get a FISA approval that was initially turned down due to lack of cause

What? You actually thought Trump would tweet out that he was "tapped" without any evidence? That's cute.

Trump was monitored for years.

They used wiretapped because he was wiretapped.

No shit. Remember all of the shit they made up about the hurricanes. Fucking fake news. Didn't even happen.

Trump was just proven right about Trump Tower being wiretapped.

The FISA court approves more than 99.9% of requests, it's a rubberstamp exercise.

>The FBI then restarted the investigation and (somehow) got a new FISA warrant. In order to get this new FISA warrant, they'd have to provide the court with information showing suspicion.

Wrong. The FISA court literaly approves >99.99% of requests.

It's clear he's talking about his own phone line though ie having his own conversations spied on. Playing semantics is a great backup option tho.

And again, "just before victory" (Manafort has lived there since 2005)

ny.curbed.com/2016/10/25/13405036/trump-tower-residents-list

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court

Over the entire 33-year period, the FISA court granted 33,942 warrants, with only 12 denials – a rejection rate of 0.03 percent of the total requests.

You would think a wiretap would have yielded enough evidence to indict someone, anyone, for something.

wait cnn published the wiretap story tho, so is the president now fake news for agreeing technically ?

also wtf i love infowars now (they also say the president is slowly being poisoned with idiocy inducing drugs now)

>Soon-to-be criminal in Trump's cabinet was wiretapped for shady ass treasonous shit.
>"See, Obongo wiretapped Trump, btfo. Hillary for Prison lol"

They'll be in denial all the way until Trump's being sentenced for treason and his children are sobbing like bitches because their inheritance has been seized.

Trump tower is his, and wiretapping of Manafort inside Trump tower would have involved surveillance of Trump.

It's not "clear" whatsoever that he was saying he himself was designated as the target - only that the surveillance covered him and was at Trump Tower.

But leftists whose biggest wish and dream is to be killed by a bomb exploding in their lecture theatre were always fond of playing semantics.

Given the IC folks asking have to show a probable cause or nat'l security related need for the warrants, I can imagine they err on the side of caution desu.

Well the FBI still had to provide something to show suspicion, right? If not the courts are corrupt and they illegally obtained the warrant.

So let's say they did provide info. What information showing suspicion did they provide? Was it even valid information?

That seems to be the big unknown right now.

thanks for the source.

Are you saying it's illegal to dig for dirt or obtain documents that would incriminate your opponent?

They usually act on those in like seconds and don't wait until they've built a case against someone and/or built a case against the real target of their investigation, you fucking retard.

The "shady ass treasonous shit" that wasn't even sufficient to convict anyone -- much less produce anything leakable for those who gleefully publish dossiers of Trump paying prostitutes to piss in Obama's hotel bed?

There is literally nothing leftists want more than to die.

WHO ISN'T BEING TAPPED?

EVERYONE IS BEING TAPPED

How's the Norwegian exit working on your new VPN, Russanon? Cool flag, comrade. Moscow is expensive and filthy. Consider moving.

tfw capitalism has killed 1.6 billion

try again later bud