Tamako Market and Tamako Love Story

I generally like to rewatch a series whenever a sequel comes out, but Tamako Market was generally bland as it aired. Is it worth it giving it a rewatch for the movie? Both Tamako and Mochi were really cute.

Tamako Market was a masterpiece you pleb.

Whatever you say. I remember 3 episodes from the entire thing: dad's song, Midori(was it?) and Mochi episode, and the haunted house. I'm open to a rewatch.

Maybe with a rewatch you can appreciate it better, but I don't think it'd necessary for watching the movie if you're already familiar with the characters even if you don't remember the things that happened.

Huh, so it's that contained? Even so, I think I'll just give it a slow rewatch after all, maybe 3 or 4 episodes per day.

Honestly you should just watch the movie now and if you want then rewatch the show.

Nah, I made up my mind, rewatching it is.

>Both Tamako and Mochi were really cute.

If that's what stood out to you, then you're gonna love the movie.

The movie is basically just the two of them being the sweetest little shits together.

Neat. Tamako was super comfy and while being best boy, Mochi sure was a good best boy.

I liked tmako market a lot

Watch maybe a half of market. You only need to know that characters. Tamako Love Story is what Market should have been. KyoAni knew this so they made the romance a big screen.

OP here, I lied. I already watched everything. My opinion of the show still stands, but the movie was cute as fuck.

Which was better, the confession or the reply?

Can I watch this movie without watching the original show?

>3 or 4 episodes a day
>slow
Dude, that's more anime than I watch in a week. How is that slow?

Compared to daily 1-2 cours two years ago, yeah, I think it's a slower pace. It's not the slowest, since watching an Aria episode everyday is max comfy.

You don't need to rewatch it, so do whatever you want.

Man, if it were a "should I watch this series" then I get it but "should I rewatch this series I thought was okay" what a fucking stupid thread.

user, I already did. I'm sure people would do the same if Haruhi S3 was announced.

Fucking awful it is. I watched it due to the hype from Sup Forums and was severely disappointed.

So you have this unique setting, a marketplace, full of wonderful unique shop owners all with their own histories and such.

Then you focus the entire story on a group of girls, pulling every cliche in the bag. An episode about an autistic girl trying to say "Thank you" for 20 minutes. An episode about a lesbian who cries because she can't do choreography for 20 minutes. So on and so forth. The marketplace quickly becomes a background, a simple setting for just another CGDCT show.

Oh but don't worry there's some originality in there. There's this talking bird and this brown loli who apparently want a princess but who cares this plotline goes fucking nowhere despite being a major part of the show.

Then the movie comes and it's about Tamako and a side character falling in love. It's cute for the first 20 minutes when he confesses to her, but then it drags out her doing mundane shit and fretting over it for another 50 minutes. Then it ends with a simple "I love you" and that's the end. Just cuts right there.

What a fucking waste of time.

Kanna a cute. Though I wish Shiori's VA had more roles

Hibike! Love story when?

Look out there's a Dalek behind you!

Confession

I don't know man, S2 is soon™.

Kyoani shoulders are so erotic

Tama looks specially charming in there.

>some people watched the movie before the series

It's like watching the keions going to England before watching the main series. Absolutely haram.

Tamako Market is 10/10 comfy but if you didn't like it just rewatch the movie.

No.