What If Evangelion was being released now

1) How big would be the shitstorm on Sup Forums?

2) Would it be able to achieve huge sales?

3) Would you be able to predict the ending?
(I already saw by the third episode of Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi that sensei was the killer, many animes I could easily predict what was coming)
What I think:
1) Very big.
2) Yes, I bet it would.
3) I don't think I would. The ending would be very WTF and Sup Forums would be down for 1 week due to DDOS.

I can't imagine how it felt at the time to see Evangelion as it was broadcasted on TV.

When I first watched it when it was airing back in '95 I thought it was a discount Devilman/Ideon, and it still is.
Anyone with a brain feels the same way.

Sick contrarian opinions bro

Opinions that even Eva's own creators agree with? Okay, retard.

More complicated than it sounds.

Look at Rebuild, it's deprived of all the sexual themes that were crucial to the impact NGE had on the industry.

Why Anno decided that, I've got no clue.

Anyone know if there are any interviews with him about this stuff? I believe there have not been any real interviews with Anno on 3.0's development. Wonder why that is...

>I already saw by the third episode of Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi that sensei was the killer

Is this you OP?

>there would be no shitstorm
>No,Evg is shitty-mediocre by todays standards. Only people who belive otherwise are fooled by nostalgia
>Probably

Ideon is literal garbage, though.

The thing is, if Eva had never existed until now, most other animes would be drastically different. Hell, the Japanese Industry may have completely shifted towards eastern style. Suzumya nor Moe would exist. Sup Forums would probably not even exist in the first place.

it's called being humble, you mongoloid

No, it's called admitting your show is a shitty ripoff of something else.

Sup Forums would exist (it's not like eva would prevent the existence of imageboards or the development of western anime fans, which predated it), but you're right that the culture might be very different

why do you think it would have averted moe though? cuteness was a staple of japanese culture long before azumanga daioh

This is the most incorrect post I've read all day.

ahahaHHAHAHAaaagaha...there would be no shinji cup meme for years.....

>all day

Step it up.

I'm not sure if eva could exist in the current climate. Anno wouldn't have the chance to go as off the rails as he did.

Just finished the end of evangelion, should I watch rebuild?

If you liked it then yes, maybe wait a while before though.

1) Not that big. It would get shitposted to death.
>Muh $50 budget
>Muh pissbaby protagonist
>Muh bitchy tsundere
>Muh blank slate kuudere
>Muh plot asspuls

2) Maybe, but not as big as it did

3) People wouldn't predict the ending, but the ending would lead to endless shitposting.

Around episode 24, imagine people reacting to the series like people react to 3.33, because that's basically what would happen.

You should probably rewatch it from at least episode 21, better yet, from 16

What kind of nge fanfic should I write Sup Forums?

Madoka ripoff

/thread

You shooting yourself for writing fanfics

1.Isolated on a single active thread like current Mayoiga threads
2. No. The only reason it became big was because it popularized a lot of tropes, and with them already popularized this series has nothing special.
3. No. We would be able to get that some crazy fucking shit would happen with the Angels gone but not much more.

But Devilman is a manga and Ideon wishes it could be as skillfuly made as even Magma Diver

Can some helpful user help me understand what is going on? I'm watching the anime after watching the Rebuild films and I found a high quality version that had 1-13, so I looked up the complete series on nyaa when I finished 13 and I found it okay, but there was a HEVC file which has 01-26 but the episodes are not the same as the episodes I have seen so far, what is this?

Posting a screencap, someone here might recognize it

>Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi that sensei was the killer
Fuck you I just started it, you literal cunt

Also it's about 4hrs long and this is the filename

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 01-26 - 720p HEVC [658582D1].mkv

Except it's way better than Ideon.
That doesn't say much though.

>How big would be the shitstorm on Sup Forums?
way beyond Geass Sunday

Could it be that you are watching the Director Cut in one file and the original one in the other file or vice versa.