Why is guitar oriented popular music no longer a thing...

Why is guitar oriented popular music no longer a thing? It seems that anything guitar oriented now is designated to some fringe genre that only neckbeards appreciate. My guess would be that electric guitar was mostly a white thing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UmTQYquqxSY
youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co
youtu.be/onrO9juuZbo
youtu.be/27HEDIlNZo4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4
youtube.com/watch?v=p9OBf8f55tU
youtube.com/watch?v=8HON4AswPVk
youtu.be/Ozb9eigk9yY
youtu.be/vA_xDeEbr5U
youtu.be/vBK17541aOE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7avg5Yq4g3A
arts.gov
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAG139mBtg0
youtu.be/BUtDRbahQtk
youtube.com/watch?v=tiRu03RgSWw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_UZpxPWaaA
youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=QRMwO08lPuI
youtu.be/q_oUwveUB14
youtu.be/DVS0ZAux2Ho
youtu.be/qUylZ08N_Q4
youtu.be/YT516h7QwA4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFo8-JqzSCM
youtube.com/watch?v=CweruxPv1Vc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The guitar takes skill, and that would require paying people an amount of cash for work.

fuck off, not politics.

fpbp

Bingo

>dude guitar!
Why is orchestra oriented popular music no longer a thing?

non political threads always get traffic. Don't believe, start a "why are malls dying?" thread guaranteed (you)s

guitar is awesome

It is highly overrated and only became popular because of the range and ease of playing

it isn't as popular as it once was. And it can extraordinarily complex as well as simple. It's a versatile instrument, that's why so many people like it

Because it ran its course, and now the only people that listen to it(who aren't balding 40-somethings) are dumb, white blue collar and military types. You know, those guys that like to stare threateningly at passersby when they're drinking at a picnic table and blasting Nickelback.

Grunge was a reaction to the slick virtuoso guitarist of the 80s, Van Halen, Satch, Vai, etc. It killed the ego driven guitar solo.

F

youtube.com/watch?v=UmTQYquqxSY

Computers. One of the easiest ways to make music yourself that sounded half decent was with a guitar. Making music on a computer, in some ways, is much more accessible now than the setup for guitar. Blame Diplo. ;)

This - it has passed into the realm of traditional music, even folk music.

>there will never be any operas or orchestas written again
Part of the West died when we moved on to other instruments. I wouldn't even care that much if there were still some composers around.

That's a cute hairy women.

>what are film scores

youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

>My guess would be that electric guitar was mostly a white thing

The Most successful rapper of all time was white(Eminem) and the Most successful electric guitar player of all time was black(Jimi Hendrix).

>>>(((film))) scores
Some are good, but I don't like how it's related to kike propaganda.

billy joel actually does some pretty great classical music.

Jews

You know nothing if you think new operas are not a thing

There are still composers around; you just don't run in the right circles.

Wow so we're really posting reddit guy memes now ya fucking newfags

all identity is now politics

Because everyone only wants to listen to girls sing songs complaining about men, or white cucks singing how perfect women are or listen to black dudes sing degenerate shit

Demographics, Jews, you know this

This board is for news and social issues also, moron. It's called "politically incorrect", not "politics".

There's a nigger-penned opera now, NPR told me

The music media targets generation Z, and they are severely developmentally delayed from being raised on PC culture, social media and smart phones.

I dunno, metal seems pretty popular still. Country music is all over and pretty guitar-centric as well.

>assuming that popular music ever had anything comparable to these 'neckbeards'
youtu.be/onrO9juuZbo
youtu.be/27HEDIlNZo4

see
Literally x100

what popular music do you listen to, nazi-bro?

They said guitar was dead right before the Beatles broke, too, stupid.

Grunge was a ten year phase. Plenty of guitar soloing in what the mainstream considered grunge. Life didn't begin just because you graduated with Nirvana played at your prom.

>what are film scores
Hacks stealing the work of those that came before them.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4
youtube.com/watch?v=p9OBf8f55tU

Half injun.

Anyone other than the literal go-to for anyone trying to name a non-white rock icon would have been a more convincing argument.

Ask yourself why it became popular in the first place. Then consider how the computer replaced it.

Orchestras compound this problem time 50.

There is only so much that can be done with one ensemble of instruments. The rock setup of guitar, bass, drums, and vocals has been dominant for over 50 years now and its phasing its way out the same way Big Band music or Bluegrass did. Pop music genres change relatively frequently and this is not anything new.

Not to mention shifts in genres tend to be initiated by cultural or technological changes. For example, Big Bands fell out of favor when WWII started as they were so expensive to tour with and the culture encouraged a hedonistic lifestyle that could no longer be achieved. The electric guitar became popular because it was an incredibly efficient way to reach what were, at the time, considered to be unimaginably large crowds.

Now, electronic music dominates because the sheer vastness of what can be produced with a synth, a sampler, and a drum machine completely outclasses the guitar rock paradigm

youtube.com/watch?v=8HON4AswPVk

I agree, though I tend to hate the timbres and the regularity of the music even after it's 'humanized'.

The singer sounds EXACTLY like Robert Plant on Phys. Graf.

Guitar driven music has been running in ~10 year cycles in the very general public sense. It almost broke through the last few years with the jangly surf rock sound but didn't quite get there. We're due up for something new and guitar based.

Because the newfags suck. Rock music had to deal with teen angst and coming of age new perception tunes.
Nobody wants to hear about getting their gender identity confused. Could you imagine that crap?
>blink 182 version of what's my gender again? what's my gender again?

Yes, arguably some of the best composers ever have been writing in the past 30 years.
youtu.be/Ozb9eigk9yY
Not sure of year, but born (1947) well after the paintings shown.
youtu.be/vA_xDeEbr5U
2009, and arguably the greatest composer of all time:
youtu.be/vBK17541aOE

Plus that shit is expensive. Poor kids with an iphone can get more famous posting videos on youtube than they could actually practicing an instrument.

fine with me, don't need normies to mess up metal too

It requires skill, practice, and effort. A lot of effort.

Give this a listen and remember we are about to go to war with North Korea,again.

Molly Tuttle

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7avg5Yq4g3A

like most things, music has been fucked up by the government.
>arts.gov for example

if genres like jazz and classical hadn't been patronized by big brother and if the shadow government hand't created pop music, various genres and various instruments, even electronica, would be free to compete and would morph to suit the audience's taste. instead the music industry includes paris hilton pushing a couple buttons, calling herself a dj and making more money in one night than talented musicians (forget about composers) make in a lifetime.

Guitars are overrated as hell. Almost any other instrument is more worthwhile to learn

tranniecore?

Grunge was heroin chic for males.

Ernesto
Playing all three parts plus vocals on acoustic guitar

46 + 2. Tool

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAG139mBtg0

also, fuck the RIAA

Violin master race checking in. Guitar was always as pleb tier as computers

Terrible all around. Song, air guitar and lip sync.

lol no.

We are living in the golden age of being able to buy a cheap yet high quality instrument in the guitar world.

Twenty years ago, you literally had to spend thousands of dollars, in the money of that era, to get something borderline playable.

Now, you can buy a $200 squire and have a great instrument. We've reached the point where at basically the $1000 price range, you're just paying for the name.

Thanks leaf it's always exciting to hear new great artists. Contemporary classical/composed music is such an underrated genre and unfortunately I can't name a single composer outside of guys who write movie scores! Do you have any other favorites?

You're ukelele tier, four stringer.

I picked up guitar a couple years ago and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. The only great guitar based artist nowadays I can think of is john mayer once you get past the pop songs

Shitty grunge rock, pop punk, and numetal left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Also kikes own and operate the music industry. They decided that nigger rap would be the new cool culture

Guitar-driven rock may not be very popular anymore, but metal is probably more popular now than ever. So there's that.

With that said, there are only so many things you can do with guitar, at least in terms of how it was played in the 70's-90's. Guitars are still extremely popular, but they take a backseat in most popular music now, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Things change, music changes. If music stayed the same, it would get boring.

The problem with modern music isn't that electric guitars and heavy music in general has taken a backseat. The problem is that 99.9% of pop and other mainstream hits are all written by the same handful of people, and the singers and other performers are talentless hacks who can dance okay and look pretty when smeared in 5 gallons of makeup. Pic semi-related even though I ironically love her.

There is no creativity or original ideas in mainstream music anymore. And rehashing the same shit that artists and musicians did in the 80's (no matter how great many of them were) isn't going to help that. You can't just put a generic guitar solo in a song and expect it to become a huge hit just based on that anymore.

I'm all for bringing back more guitars, but it's more important for music to continue to change and evolve, but in positive and interesting directions, not the shit we have now. We need to Make Music Great Again.

At least metal is still mostly pretty good.

gary clark
lenny kravitz
tom morello
vernon reid
prince
tosin abasi
nile rodgers

You should drop it.

Really? Not if you want to play traditional Celtic music:
youtu.be/BUtDRbahQtk

NSBM bands esp. one man are where the magic is made now.

>t. doesn't make pussies wet by playing your body is a wonderland
I pity you desu

Try Julian Lage and Jonathan Kreisberg for jazz.
Derek Trucks and Joe Bonamassa, blues.
Tosin Abasi and Guthrie Govan, virtuosos.

I make pussies wet with my ultrachadness no crutch needed. Keep practicing while I keep winning.

Red pill on some famous grunge guitar solos over 8 bars.

He's trying to get laid with cover songs.

Because nogs, browns, and coal burners can't stand the sound of it. It's seriously like garlic is to a vampire on their ears. They need loud drums and repetitive bass so they can gyrate about... This gyrating arouses the big/brown/white roastie so that they can procreate, have upwards of 10 children out of wedlock and then ask for Gibs to help feed muh childrrnz.

victor wooten

Reich march musik used tribal drumming but of the white tribes.

I see.

>victor wooten

He is a bassist and Mike Watt eternally rules although he has somewhat errant politics.

>implying Hendrix doesnt make enough of an argument
redneck, pls

How are you measuring success?

>My guess would be that electric guitar was mostly a white thing

I don't buy that. Although in pop and mainstream rock that may have been a thing my true guitar heroes where varied especially in the jazz/blues genera. BB King, Muddy Waters, etc. But all things in music are cyclical. I am an old fart that remembers the last death of it in the 70's with the advent of synthesizers and yuk... disco. It will come back again, there is always innovation to be made on instruments be it guitar, trumpet, cello, piano, etc. I just hope there artist not distracted and dedicated enough to seize the challenge. Electronic and brain dead compositions are pretty easy.

Django shits all over him and was of the dirty Roma.

youtube.com/watch?v=tiRu03RgSWw

Metal was white. It had to go.
We need your daughters idolizing Niggers, Goyim.

this cunt is good
m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_UZpxPWaaA

>what is epic music

youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q

Thing is, also regarding to guitar music, that most of what you hear today is produced by samples digitally.

>electric guitar was mostly a white thing
literally some of the most influential musicians of the last 50 years have been black guitarist. as a side not, being a musician ive noticed that chimpouts are far less likely among instrument playing blacks, even downright classy like bb king or wes montgomery

also to get more to your point OP, the electric guitar has the ability to hack the brain and undo societal programming, in the right hands it more than any instrument has the ability to change a persons though patterns and emotional state, the jews noticed this during the 60s hippie movement, took them over a decade to figure it out, but they could never make it work for them, so the just made it unpopular and stopped promoting music that had a guitar as a voice. "dad rock", douchy eye rolls as the presence or mention of an electric guitar in current pop music, etc

Liszt of the acoustic guitar.

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=QRMwO08lPuI

For all my bong bros

>would require paying people an amount of cash for work
unironically, what do you mean by this??

might have something to do with guitar being a talent you need to learn and practice but any nigger can yell into a mic and autotune it on their stolen macbook

Punk kept real music alive. If you notice the difference in recording styles I think one can see how the overproduction of music has really taken the life out of it. Older recordings may not have sounded as 'clear' but they also were more organic/natural and had a rawness and life to them. Overproduction, especially with digital means, makes bands sound more and more the same.

Just to take a few recordings from punk and metal to compare:
Recent punk:
youtu.be/q_oUwveUB14
Old:
youtu.be/DVS0ZAux2Ho

Recent metal (Don't know if they're cool or lame, not really a metal guy, but most new stuff I have heard has this overproduced sound):
youtu.be/qUylZ08N_Q4
Old:
youtu.be/YT516h7QwA4

Even rap has gone through similar problems, it's well known that digital tools for making beats lessen the quality of music. And this is worse with heavier sounding music because bass sounds much better on records and analog systems.

One thing about punk is that the underground basically hates too much polish and overproduction, so it has avoided many of those problems in the flattening of music.

Ask me how i know youre a poor faggot that thinks because he played for 4 months on his shit chinese squier he knows anything about electric guitar.
You probably think your squier sounds and feels as good as an american strat.

How did guitar music go from this...
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFo8-JqzSCM

to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=CweruxPv1Vc