LuckyStar

Why was LuckyStar so popular? I couldn't make it through the first episode. The show wasn't funny; was it popular because of the girls? I feel like I'm missing the point.

What show you think is funny?

SYD was pretty funny but it got old after awhile, Joshiraku was pretty funny but I'm not nip enough to get all the jokes, SZS and Arakawa were pretty funny, TTG too. Jinrui wa is the last comedy I can think of that I enjoyed. Started watching GTO and it's funny also.

Maybe I'm not picking up on the style of the humor? I can't think of anybody watching Lucky Star for anything other than the girls, but to be fair I didn't watch much of it

Forgot konosuba was pretty funny too

>i couldn't make it through the first episode
>i watched less than 3 episodes and i think it's okay to try and discuss the show

the first episode has the worst pacing, but the show was fantastic, i'd recommend following the old 3 episode rule before deciding if the show is or isn't for you.

Is the point of the show humor? Meta jokes? Or is it just a watch for the girls?

>I couldn't finish the first episode but needed to make a thread on Sup Forums about it.

It was a comfy and mildly amusing show. Nothing was particularly gut busting humor wise but it was pleasant to watch, especially for a fan of anime at the time.

Thank you for a legitimate answer

I'll watch 3 and then come back to shitpost some more about it

Lmfao stop.

Fun fact: Yamakan directed the first four episodes of Lucky Star.

There's a reason he was replaced.

I'll never stop

You misunderstand the slice of life genre. Stop waiting for a hilarious punchline. It doesn't always come. It's people talking about and doing mundane shit but it's great because it's cute girls doing it.
Now go watch the whole show, get mind broken by cute girls and crave more.

Guess for some reason I'd just always assumed it was comedy, not SoL. But that makes sense.

It's a comedy SoL.
But the jokes aren't always in your face like in western shows. For example Joshiraku. It's not always about a setup and a punchline. Sometimes they're just pleasant stories.

Do you know what time it is? Its pasta time

Oh god is this that autistic konata x kagami shipping one?

>lmfao

No, you stop.

Fuck that, let's just skip straight to the Tsukassa dumps.

The first 4 episodes were garbage and directed by the anime "savior." He got fired and it got much better afterwards.

I just finished watching this took me a week. The show itself is okay if you like slice of life/moe and bullshit (I am guilty of liking this stuff but Im coming off watamote going to this). My favorite character is not any of the girls (though akira from lucky channel and assistant was kinda funny) My favorite character is this guy haha they need to make a series based on him and the workers at the anime store they work at think clerks/anime/parody of anime. Seriously look up Meito Anizawa

Jesus Christ were you streaming it with MSPaint?

kissanime.... this is just a screen shot on google.

>Joshiraku was pretty funny but I'm not nip enough to get all the jokes
Lucky Star is essentially Joshiraku, but, instead of cultural references, it's all otaku references.

yeah right on left.....

>streaming
Get out.

I'll be honest, I've rewatched this twice and both times I outright skipped the first episode.

I think it has its moments here and there, but for the most part it's just a comfy anime about a bunch of schoolgirls and their daily lives. Sometimes something simple like that is nice.

I think the popularity has a lot to do with people latching on to Konata, though, since she's the face of "otaku" but dolled up as an ultra cute moe blob loli.

So could you kindly tell everyone whats wrong with streams nowadays, kiddo?

is Lucky Star moe satire? I think it is with all the meta humour like Lucky channel and the anime tenchou scenes.

It is the comfiest of all shows, that's why.

Cuz GET LUCKY!

>watch the first episode
>sit through boring food talk
>suddenly episode starts to pick up and get cuter/funnier
>they go back to talking about the same food again
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's not a satire of moe, but rather a satire of the Japanese entertainment industry. It's shamelessly commercial, ignores the fourth wall, and generally encourages you to recognize the characters as fictional products- without downplaying their humanity. That Konata, a loli otaku avatar that shills Haruhi, has more personality than Akira is the joke.

Almost all the show's jokes are based around otaku, or just Japanese, culture in 2007. If you weren't already there watching in 2007 most of the jokes will be lost on you now.