Started Code Geass

Upto episode 16, pretty good so far

I'm not sure if I would call it good, but it's one of the most enjoyable animes I've ever watched.

I'm like you bro
but i'm up to season 2 ep 5 now.

I'm still wondering why did I not watch this the year it came out. I guess better late than never.

get out of this thread before someone posts spoilers my man. top 3 all time favorite of mine.

How do I subscribe?

Ending is shit

When you start the second season you'll think you're being fucked with, but it'll eventually make sense.

>I'm not sure if I would call it good
>it's one of the most enjoyable animes I've ever watched
What if i told that something being enjoyable made it good

haven't seen anime that conveniently ass-pulls on a consistent basis as hard as Code Geass.

I enjoy objectively shit things tho.

That's not true.

That being said, Code Geass is objectively good.

you're in for a bunch of ridiculous (borderline stupid) shit, but I promise you it's some of the most satisfying magnificent shit you will have watched

If something was enjoyable then it succeeded in a sense, and was good because it fulfilled it's purpose. If watching something is unbearable, it doesn't matter how "well made" it is

Fuck you guys. You are the type of people that Digibro was talking about that don't see the anime you enjoyed the most as your favorites, and instead list "objectively good" anime as your favorites to look cool and smart. Faggots.

Season 1 episodes 1 and 2 had me confused as fuck as in what was going on, but i caught up eventually

subscribe to what?

What are you reffering to by "ass-pulls"? no spoilers please though

You sound angry.

Just because I enjoy something doesn't mean that I can't see its flaws. Geass is incredibly fun to watch, but if you look into the plot holes and the inconsistencies it doesn't make much sense.

Also
>Letting youtubers tell you how you should feel about anything

I love Kallen.

1) c.c.

2) kallen

3) milly (prez of club)

It's true though, a lot of people on Sup Forums care more about having "good taste" than actually enjoying things

Kallen is my number one.

I unironically love Code Geass.

We know who Milly is user.

You haven't seen enough Jojo then.

Or about half of the popular shows that have been created both before and after Code Geass for that matter. Thus your hyperbole is silly.

I won't blame you for it, I enjoy Geass too.

Can't deny that. I think the misunderstanding stems from what good means (objective vs. subjective good?). I'd absolutely recommend Geass to a friend, but I warn them against having high or even medium expectations of it. It works best as just something to mindlessly watch and enjoy.

Show had the stated goal of being very entertaining and also did a few more things pretty well. That's good. Far worse shows than Code Geass are made every single season that are either not as entertaining or can't even do a handful of decent things.

I'm not spoiling though.

it had asspulls from the very beginning

Perfect objectively doesn't exist. Both praise and criticism are colored by personal factors and tastes that are inherently subjective by nature. I would also disagree with the rest of your view too, since I think what sets Code Geass apart from the truly mindless shows is that you can actually get a good grasp of the method to the madness and see the point of it all. Otherwise, you'll find plenty of crazy shows that will never be as popular and will simply fade away, because they don't do that much.

>Geass is incredibly fun to watch, but if you look into the plot holes and the inconsistencies it doesn't make much sense.
Oh please. People tend to label anything unrealistic about the show as a "plot hole" even when it actually isn't. Not to mention that the show does make more sense, in the long run, than you think. You can call it "inconsistent" when things don't go the way you wanted, but in retrospect a bunch of stuff was either foreshadowed or telegraphed, even slightly, way ahead of time. I don't necessarily like everything that happened myself, but that doesn't mean it is inconsistent.

Name one well known anime that doesn't have any coincidences or convenient events.

Exactly. there is none

For fucks sake let the thread die

Stay away from Akito the Exiled after you're done.

This is true.
Code geass is a show that actually gets better with a rewatch just because of the amount of content they squeeze into every episode.
You catch a ton of foreshadowing, symbolism and implications that you would never get otherwise.
I can't believe I never connected the name of lelouche's mom.

Threadly reminder that Kaguya is best girl

Muh brutha

Always.

Nina > Milly > C.C. > Shirley > Kallen

That is objectively wrong on 4 separate levels, no matter what this thread says.

Someone help this man. Hes lost all his sanity.

I think Nina gets more shit around here than she deserves. I wouldn't say she's anywhere near the top tier, but I would be lying if I said I don't have a soft spot for her.

>Im not sure I would call it good
>10 years old anime which everyone loves and recommends every single thread
Stop trying so hard senpai, next thing you are gonna tell me you didnt like TTGL either.

How did Geass manage to be successful in both sales and overall quality despite how a huge trainwreck it was?
We had tons of trainwreck anime for the past few years but not even once that it reached even a quarter level of code geass did.

>OVA series set in the EU is announced
>expect euro-piloted Panzer-Hummel goodness
>get robotic spider monkeys piloted by elevens
My disappointment was palpable.

It wasn't a trainwreck.

>I think Nina gets more shit around here than she deserves
It's not just here, she inexplicably shows up on every single 'most hated character' list or poll. I simply don't understand why she inspires such vitriol.

A lot of people really felt sorry for Table-kun.

>Zealously defensive of and obsessed with a person she met literally once.
>Rapes poor, defenseless tables.
>Creates a goddamned super nuke capable of erasing cities form existence, leaving perfect sphere shaped holes where civilizations used to be.
>Acts surprised when her super nuke erases more than just the buildings, streets, and vehicles that inhabit a city.
>Ugly.
I mean come on, man.

Why couldn't she just flick the bean like a normal person? There was no need to drag the table into this. The student council used that table every day.

Table-kun as asking for it.

Also
>lots of people love yuri
>scene where a girl is fantasising about another girl, what's not to love?
>a table gets involved
>suddenly those same people hate it
Wat.

Oh shit and I completely forgot the part where she builds what she hopes will be a prototype super nuke IN HER SCHOOL SURROUNDED BY HER FRIENDS AND FELLOW CLASSMATES SO THAT WHEN ZERO SHOWS UP, SHE CAN SET IT OFF AND TAKE HIM WITH THEM, ALL BECAUSE HE KILLED THAT PERSON THAT SHE MET LITERALLY ONCE
What a lovely girl.

You'd be wrong.

She met Euphemia twice, not once.

>Zealously defensive of and obsessed with a person she met literally once.
Someone who, let's not forget, literally saved her life.
>Rapes poor, defenseless tables.
That table was quite rich - had a great home and shit.
>Creates a goddamned super nuke capable of erasing cities form existence, leaving perfect sphere shaped holes where civilizations used to be.
Yet no-one hates Robert Oppenheimer? What the hell is with that inconsistency?
>Acts surprised when her super nuke erases more than just the buildings, streets, and vehicles that inhabit a city.
One of the most powerful scenes in the whole series. She just wanted to use her intelligence to be useful one-up Milly in terms of popularity, and was forced to face the reality of what that truly meant.
>Ugly.
In the second season she honestly goes from a 3/10 to an 8/10.

Oh shit my bad. That completely justifies her total fucking insanity.

>>Acts surprised when her super nuke erases more than just the buildings, streets, and vehicles that inhabit a city.
It blew up all the wrong people. She built a nuke and saw it detonated with ten million of her own countrymen caught in the blast. And even then the Black Knights mostly got away. It was a much bigger wake-up call than if the weapon has been used on a battlefield and had mostly affected enemy forces.

Thank you for updating us on your personal blog.

>Lelouch, genius mastermind tactician
>Takes him 50 episodes to figure out he can use "be my slave" command

CG is full of retarded logic like this because the writing is garbage. And anyone who thinks this show is "objectively" good because it still is entertaining should kill himself.

*dink*

>I completely forgot the part where she builds what she hopes will be a prototype super nuke IN HER SCHOOL SURROUNDED BY HER FRIENDS AND FELLOW CLASSMATES SO THAT WHEN ZERO SHOWS UP, SHE CAN SET IT OFF AND TAKE HIM WITH THEM, ALL BECAUSE HE KILLED THAT PERSON THAT SHE MET LITERALLY ONCE
>What a lovely girl.
Pretty sure the idea was to use it as a threat to make him turn himself in.

Nigga she literally pushes the button.
SHE PUSHES THE FUCKING NUKE BUTTON AND ONLY GOD'S GRACE THAT SHE FUCKED UP THE PROTOTYPE WHEN BUILDING IT SAVED EVERYONE FROM DEATH
HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE DEFEND THIS???

Oh yeah, you're right. Forgot about that lol.

To think that Nina almost got the kill-steal...

So you think that's the scene which confirmed Nina as evil in everyone's eyes then? I think I can see where you're coming from with that.

Mental disorder defense has been a thing for at least a few thousand years.

Series was fun as fuck and some truly wtf moments. Pic related. I can't think of a show since that has had anything like it.

Any expectations for the anniversary?

Some new merch or something. No big announcements.

None. It is over.

POST LEWD CC

Your jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

I might as well. I was about to fap to her anyway.

b-rated movies aren't good but they can be enjoyable from sheer stupidity

Reminder that Lelouch is the ultimate cuckold.
>CC gets stolen away from him by a farmer
>Kallen gets stolen away from him by Gino

>Kallen stolen by Gino.
NO
This did not happen.

I'm going to stop now, I have to take care of this boner.

>he can't multitaks

Gino likes her.
She doesn't dislike him.
She showed signs of liking it when he teased her.
Lelouch died.
Literally no one there to block their growing relationship.

That wasn't so hard, was it?

Ending is the best part of the series and without it Lelouch would be a fucking trash protagonist.

Unless you mean S1's ending as a conclusion, in which case it's a grey territory. The suspense is great but ending the season on a cliffhanger is some real shit, especially since R2 as a whole followed up really badly.

It didn't happen.

I mean I guess I could fap and post more C.C. Should I?

By the order of your king, DO IT

I'll post a little more then.

>when was Gino supposed to come over today?
>thanks for saving the world btw, Lelouch

No.

Last one before I let myself spurt.

Are there really people who hated Nunnally? She was a crippled blind middle-schooler.

Now CUM, little boy.

I hated her. Rather, I hated how she grew into a petty child who took up the sword because.

>save muh brother from himself