Matt Furie is taking his butthurt to the next level by taking legal action for the alt-right using Pepe as its symbol

Matt Furie is taking his butthurt to the next level by taking legal action for the alt-right using Pepe as its symbol.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Pirates#Disney_lawsuit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Keep in mind this is the 1st time I've made a thread on /pol. Just felt like I had to get the word out.

He's been raped by the left for inventing pepe and he's trying to virtue signal his way to safety... lol and rip.

How does this even work?

Shouldn't he be suing Sup Forums? Even if he did he wouldn't win. I'd be scared to fuck with this site to be honest.

>Reddit, Spencer, Alaska, Cernovich
>Not Sup Forums where the vast majority of the content is shared and generated

wew lad

Good luck protecting your copyright on the web.

Pic unrelated.

Virtually all Pepe memes are based on a transformative use of the image, with a political angle.

That's a fair use under current Supreme Court precedent. IOW, no copyright violation, or in some circumstances - in the case of commercial products - there might be some sort of forced licensing fee (as there was in the 2 Live Crew case that gave rise to the transformative use doctrine).

>reddit
>alt right
Did I miss something here?

Has Sup Forums ever been served with a copyright notice

It's just scare tactics. I have an inkling someone's bankrolling this faggot.

No and I don't think it will. Just look at what happened when Tumblr tried to fuck with Sup Forums.

Does he have a copyright or trademark on the Pepe image? If he does, that specific version is only protected. You could do anything to the original image and like magic, it's something new.
He can't sue anyone unless he has legal rights to the image. I doubt he could even prove he was the one to create it.

Sure. One that comes to mind is after the fappening in 2014. He could argue that Pepe is his copyright and Sup Forums would have to take down frogposts.

There is already a thread or 2 on this.

>Same guy who "killed" pepe
Yeah, that'll totally do it.

So he wouldn't be able to claim legal rights on a pepe meme generated by a random person?

Fuck this faggot. He know nothing about Pepe

Only if he can prove he was the creator, which he cant. The first time Pepe was ever posted, it was posted by anonymous. The only way

Maxed out

>Same guy who "killed" pepe
Yeah that's a good point. Since he tried to kill pepe he was trying to lessen his own sales. He then has no claim that altright-pepe was hurting his sales.

Pepe came from his comic.

Now the more standard sad frog pepe looks a lot different.

Nope. I can say I'm the random person. So can you. There's no way to prove who posted what unless Sup Forums hands over log info from like 10 years ago

Pepe was originally a character from the comic Boy's Club that Matt Furie created.

The gears are in motion. I have a feeling Matt will regret this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Pirates#Disney_lawsuit

Yeah nah.

No one kills Pepe

Exactly what I mean. You can change it slightly and it's a totally different image. Think vanilla ice with his song. Literally one beat different and it's okay.

It's important legally for copyright cases. If it hurt his sales it can help his case.

Buncha stupid motherfuckers in this thread

Jesus Christ it's painful to watch people who know nothing about the law talk about the law

Ah yeah I see what you mean. I know with patents a design patent you change one little loopy loopy and it's not covered either. Has to be an exact duplicate. Probably the same with a copyrighted comic.

He's going to make zero different and rile up a bunch of frogposters with too much time on their hands, not a good plan.

And I suppose you know?

use the app faggot

It's not gonna work. They're gonna ask for proof he was the content creator. What's he gonna do? Post threads with "anonymous" creators? Feelsgoodman, feelsbadman, reeee. All of these images are different than Pepe. Zero case.

sue this, leftist faggot. it's the oven for you soon.

My fear is that douchebag Spencer makes some cringeworthly speech about it.

Someone say Spencer?

inb4 he tries to sue my store

>Sue anonymous people on the internet

I mean, this is the same guy who thought we'd stop using him because he drew him dying, so i guess he is pretty stupid

inb4 Fair Use

Do liberals actually think the Drumpf meme upset anyone? It was less funny than a really bad dad joke. How can they be this out of touch?

It's literally public domain now
He can't win even if he tried

OH MAN BLUMPKIN BTFO FOREVER IM SO REE RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN MEME

This guy makes Hitler's decision to invade Russia during winter seem like the height of strategy

lol the only people I know that call him drumpf are people making fun of lefties for being so retarded. I've seen one person use it seriously and they were so full of themselves it was even funnier.

Shadilay

He should be the one getting sued

Oh shit, I can't believe I never noticed that. Good eye, user.

His intellectual property. His right to do so. When did we stop respecting capitalism and property, lads?

found the jew

So the answer, is to Post Pepes MORE. Make him MORE of an offensive Nazi. Posts pics of Pepes raping jews and whipping the shit otu of niggers, and putting bullets in the heads of mexicans execution style and pissing on his likeness, while that one of those faggot new characters he has cries like wojak and gets gang raped by more pepes while they shit on them.

Post pics of a hoard of pepes point at the author himself, and laughing at his face, all tatted up with swastikas and lynching a kike in the background. Spam that sort of shit.
Make him quit his career and reee and jump off a bridge. Such action demands the encouragement for him to end his own life in a fit of absolute mental pain and utter failure.

This would turn the entirety of Sup Forums against the parties in question, not just \pol\: an alliance of thousands of autists with nothing but free time, bitterness, and anonymity against a few nine to fivers trying to make a buck off of what could be low-hanging fruit, if they leave Sup Forums alone.

Didn't he kill pepe though? Shouldn't this be like picking something out of the garbage in that you lose rights to it once you toss it out?

Someone find Furies address and lets send him thousands of pepes

Dumbass that wouldn't matter anyway you can't put a fucking copyright on posting an image.

That will make him go totally nuts

>Hehe prius pepe! Like that time we called Trump "Drumpf". That totally triggered them! Hehe remember drumpf guys?

I almost pity them...

holy fuck the poo poo pee pee pepe memes when we fought to reclaim him from normies coming up in court would be absolutely hilarious
>but furie is a retard because our pepe was created simply as an approximation of his design and anyone sued can cite fair use of an approximation that doesn't even belong to furie it belongs to whoever first changed pepe into sad frog

>This retard doesn't know about the peepee poopoo era
Does he not think something similar will happen here?

Can someone make comics of all of those things but the pepe beating the shit out of the character doing those things

haven't seen these in a looooong time

Matt Furry is intentionally looking for war with us.

I wonder where he got the cash for a squad of attack jews myself

You fuckers are all going to pay for what you did to Pepe.

This is illegal. Remove it now.

>internet rediscovers a literally who anthropomorphic animal character from some obscure shit and finds said character amusing
>internet users start to make their own content about said character
>said content often portrays the character as a racist, terrorist, nazi, pedophile, or worse
>creator suddenly gets assravaged and threatens legal action to put an end to other people's use of his character
>this just leads to an upsurge in content portraying the character in less than flattering ways
Where have I heard this one before?

so, matt will be Ben garrison'd?

>Matt Furie right now

Are you so naive to believe he is actually emotionally invested in this? He's being bankrolled by someone (probably Soros) to make a big deal out of this.

>the idiots ITT who think pepe memes originated on Sup Forums

It was on an imageboard, but it wasn't this one you newfaggot fucks.

Suck it, Furie

poland rules

It originated on Sup Forums faggot

Nope

ohhh no hes suing the controlled opposition. that sucks

>Idiots

Does it fucking matter? Is you lit-tle infogiblet important in any way? No. You're stupid and the shit you care about is stupid.

What Something Awful?

Who gives a fuck everyone knows pepe as the alt rights spokesfrog

>half the thread is crying about furie sueing reddit and some other losers instead of Sup Forums

Why are you even in this thread? Your stupid, pointless post meant nothing and accomplished less than nothing. You could reply that verbatim to any post on this site and it would make exactly the same amount of sense- none.

our pepes are original content. he doesn't own frog images.

This user is correct. Newfaggots don't know history of memetics beyond encyclopedia dramatic...which is mostly fucking bullshit. They don't even triforce. I swear to god the next nigger bitch who asks me to explain brian peppers is gonna get an angry reply.

I never actually understood the "Drumpf" thing, and I thought it was so stupid that I never bothered to learn what it was supposed to mean.

You mean Matt "the Fuhrer" Furie? Founder of pepe and the alt right?

It was a faggot comedian trying to be funny by a play on a name. Like killary or odumbo. Always retarded, but a sure sign the fag posting doesn't belong here.

>Drumph triggered them because it was dumb as shit
>just like our shitty memes

They actually believe this... I'm honestly shocked at the level of denial.

Who the hell is he going to sue, Hiroshimoot? Suing over an image posted by others on his image board across an ocean seems like a very uphill legal battle

>pic related

Hinestly it was dumb for Baked Alaska to put Pepe on the cover of his book. When you put the image right on the packaging of a product you're selling, makes it an easy lawsuit.

you'd think he'd have heard of the whole death of the author thing

>let's make fun of the name drumpf, it's not like there are people actually named drumpf who think it's a perfectly normal name
>let's annoy people by making really bad jokes, that will surely be the way to win at politics
hmm

He's suing Thernovich, Spencer and Baked because of merchandise.
I read on Twatter that Sup Forums was served with "cease and desist" for images posted by the channel.
Not sure about validity though.
Does not affect personal use, just for profit.

His pepe is not the same our pepe.
otherwise pepe is a generic name for frogs.

It was on Sup Forums dude. People were posting boys' club for ages before pepe became a maymay. I was there when the "feels good man" comic was posted and that's what all the shops came from

Your secret club isn't as special as you think, and everyone who goes there also goes here.

I thought Sup Forums gets away with it because user created content is deleted automatically before they'd even need to comply with a DMCA request

Ha.....well, the gookmoot is a slippery bastard that much we know for sure