Why can visual novels be so effectively SCARY compared to anime efforts?

Why can visual novels be so effectively SCARY compared to anime efforts?

Disgusting =/= Scary

yeah, actually. I'm choked with regret I decided to look deep into what this shit even was.

Because visual novels is the best storytelling medium in the world. Being 18+ products plus absolute freedom for the creators make wonders.

top middle for me

the same reason novels and manga are more engaging; they leave more for your imagination than anime.

not saying that its always the truth though, sometimes what you imagined can have less impact than a show with a good story, music, art style and animation

I am not a robot

Films > VNs in terms of scariness

Nice choice, she got drilled later in the game, literally.

You guys should read Phenomeno, It's like a creepypasta in VN form.

You're not wrong. At least, for some people. Something about the medium pulls me in more than books, comics, motion pictures, or anything else. I think it's because visual novels put you in the shoes of the protagonist more than any other medium. While 18+ content isn't required to achieve that impact, having an explicit scene that is properly built up can really hammer it home.

Yeah, some people (like me) are more visually oriented then language-oriented. Visual novels seem to hit some kind of sweet spot: more to see than a regular book, but with more room for imagination than a manga or motion picture.

Yeah because they never get censored huh?

Translation when

These girls are pretty
Is it any good?

nukige, rape and gore

See the tags and consider if you like them good.

in the long run of shit like this, saya no uta really is baby stuff isn't it

>male: crossdresing, yaoi
Yes, it is.

The character's actually a trans woman rather a crossdresser

Pointing this out not to be tumblr, but because it's a different fetish

Enjoy.

is this guy on his period

He cuts his own genitals so he can be a true woman.

how the fuck is he alive then. Also, I heard something about a drill but am not man enough to venture into finding about that myself

It just wasn't an instant death.

So is this just trying to be as edgy as possible or does it actually have a good story?

The story isn't bad but it's basically just set up for the scenes of sexual abuse, corruption and snuff

I did. The jump scares spooked me pretty good.

you got any more safe cgs from this?

About moralfag mc who wants to "save people" not actually saving them at all

It's more than that. It's all about the rape of his big sister and how the cult of "Fraternite" corrupted her and her friends/family.