We need to change what a physicist looks like

aps.org/publications/apsnews/201708/nsf-grant.cfm

NSF spends $3M to change the toxic picture created by the big bang theory that nerdy men are better at physics.

"Women tend not to choose physical science careers because they don't see them as impactful" r-right guys?

>Regularly drawing 19 million viewers each year, the comedy TV sitcom The Big Bang Theory is premiering its 11th season in late September 2017. The male foursome featured in the show — two Caltech physicists, an astrophysicist, and an aerospace engineer — all share the same "geeky intellectual" outlook on life. What about aspiring physicists, however, who don’t fit the male nerd image — are they welcome? Thanks to a $3 million grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF), researchers from Florida International University (FIU), Texas A&M University-Commerce, the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT), and APS will begin a multi-year project to encourage more women to overcome the negative stereotypes and enter the field of physics.

>"[The Big Bang Theory] is a funny show, and the ‘nerd’ stereotypes are funny … but we need to change the ‘Big Bang Theory’ view of what a physicist or a physics student looks like," Zahra Hazari told APS News in an interview. Currently an associate professor of physics at FIU and the lead investigator of this project, her research has centered on reforming the physics learning environment to raise the participation of underrepresented groups who pursue physics, especially women.

>"[Shows like these] are hugely detrimental to opening up doors for people who have never considered the field, because they don't look or act the right way," Hazari said. "... you don't have to act that way and be that way to do physics, you can be a caring and nurturing woman. My research is about mythbusting, and to [eliminate bias against] women's participation in physics."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mildred_Dresselhaus
jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/big-bang-writer-talks-about-shows-jewish-bent-on-and-off-the-set/
youtube.com/watch?v=eUO9SNCBL6U
youtube.com/watch?v=BVWfqOSdzs4
qz.com/441905/men-are-both-dumber-and-smarter-than-women/
archive.is/ClqCC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Although the show hasn’t made major controversy, popular culture might be taking a toll on those who pursue physical science careers. Even though as many women take high school physics as men, women make up only 20 percent of the undergraduates in physics. And according to Hazari, the imbalance has historically been an issue in certain disciplines of engineering and physics; biology has a slight overrepresentation of women, and chemistry is at or around parity, she said.

>"Women tend not to choose physical science careers because they don't see them as impactful .... on average, [they] tend to be interested in careers that can make a change in society, that can better our future in society, so they don't see physics as a pathway for that," Hazari explained. "We are going to show how people with physics degrees go on to work on cancer research, they work on things that can make a huge difference in the world."

>While efforts are on the rise to retain female physics undergraduates — including the APS Conferences for Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWiP) — Hazari wants to tackle the preceding step of recruitment with her upcoming research.

>"We … understand the issues for women and what the critical timeframes are for intervention, but we haven't wrapped it into practice yet," Hazari said. "[My team and I] want to use [academic research] to change the face of physics, the education system, and to increase pathways and empower women in physics, rather than have all of this valuable research sit in a journal."

>With the four years of NSF funding, Hazari plans to carefully field-test her program with small numbers of teachers for two years. "What we are really trying to hammer home is ‘how do we make these interventions usable for physics teachers, and how do we reach them?’ Whether you are in a rural area, or the inner city, these are materials that [we want] them to use," Hazari explained. "It's a very difficult task, but we [have] help from teachers that come from those demographic regions." If all goes as planned, there will be a nationwide rollout by 2019 with a targeted goal of reaching 16,000 educators.

>"[16,000 teachers] is a daunting number," Hazari admitted. But her strategies to reach teachers far and wide includes help from APS and AAPT, who have a vast network of physics educators. "We [hope to] train regional teacher leaders who will go out and run workshops in their region, and include webinars for additional teachers throughout the country," Hazari said. "I know [our plan] is very risky, but the bigger risk is not trying anything. It's always better to try something."

The centuries of patriarchy must be reversed asap

Imagine being triggered by this cuck show for it being too far right

>we need to change what a physicist looks like
Why

>associate professor of physics
>lead research is in how to make physics more about minorities
So she's fifth column HR then. Nothing about her work is related to the actual field of physics, it's just demographics.

> mfw you watch this normie fucking trash
> mfw pure brainlets watch it
> mfw someone says they watch this show and its the basis for terminating the conversation.

Most tv is trash tier psyop bullshit. Congrats on discovering this.
> Detect shit tier show, stop watching it.. Problem solved.

> mfw this shows ratings and viewership is through the roof showing the kind of shit for brains who think this is quality programming
> mfw you're arguing against the ignorant dumbasses of America
> mfw you forget there is much better tv programming but brainlets chose not to watch it because they instead WANT to watch trash tier bullshit.

Lmao

Women are scared of taking physics despite being better at it than many men

it's all nonsense. nothing short of pumping women full of testosterone before or during puberty will change the way things are

trying to find a sociological solution to a... hm. problem? that is fundamentally biological in nature is stupid. open war against meritocracy will drag down progress. so will forcing actually talented people to work with or under unqualified scrubs

this bullshit is the west's answer to lysenkoism. an impediment to human understanding of nature

Fucking horseshit.

I've been teaching Earth-space science in high school since 2009. Only good female students are ALWAYS--no exceptions--Chinese. The rest are males. Period.

NSF is fucking AIDS. you won't get funding from that shit agency unless you have shitskins in your lab.

same goes for their fellowships. straight white male? lmao good luck.

Provide evidence that suggests this is the case

Also provide arguments as to how this is a problem

Also provide arguments as to how replacing men with women will alleviate this problem

How do you explain?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mildred_Dresselhaus
>Mildred Dresselhaus[1] (née Spiewak; November 11, 1930 – February 20, 2017),[2] known as the "queen of carbon science",[3] was the first female Institute Professor and professor emerita of physics and electrical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Dresselhaus won numerous awards including the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the National Medal of Science, the Enrico Fermi Award and the Vannevar Bush Award.

>big bang theory represent what physicist looks like

Nigger what?

You mean they are missing an asian?

>physicist
still is stupid enough to conform to islam and its practices

Are the jews eating themselves at this point?

Chuck Lorre is a kike.

Really boggles my neurons
Even big bang theory is too far right
People need to get a grip
Losers all around
You'll hopefully never have to meet them

To many people these days are silly
Orwellian

Too many crazy people
Honestly very sad
I hope for the best in the future
Silly, silly people

Perhaps we should consider their point?
Or perhaps we
Shouldn't?
Tingles the mind

Objectively, these people are silly
Really fires them pistons

Even my gran is smarter
Losers everywhere
Silly People
Everyone these days is fucked

‘Big Bang’ Writer Talks About Show’s Jewish Bent — On And Off The Set

jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/big-bang-writer-talks-about-shows-jewish-bent-on-and-off-the-set/

>“Big Bang” writer and co-producer Eric Kaplan said that the Jewy feeling of the show is the result of both the Jewish sensibilities of its producers, who are both of the tribe, and of one of its actors, who, while not Jewish on the show, brings her Orthodox identity to the set each day.

BAZINGA

While folks like Edward Witten still look like Martians (and might be as smart as super-intelligent extra-terrestials), there are enough others. NOVA (TV show) is a good source.

Otherwise, just listen to punk rock and drink. Then do max physics: give me your best partition function, you bastards!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=eUO9SNCBL6U

Why is it so important to get women into the hard sciences?

Also where's the push for women in all the male dominated hard physical labor jobs?

Maybe it's just a waiting game. the Juden will just destroy each other, and whites are Last Man Standing.

Dance. Then solve differential equations. Make Lagrangians, not war.
youtube.com/watch?v=BVWfqOSdzs4

>Eric Kaplan
Is that the same guy who refused to condemn honour killings so he wouldn't offend Muslims?

How does one outlier prove your claim?

The NSF is balls deep in this bullshit

I work at a research facility that was awarded a NSF grant, and every year they request diversity data in 20 different ways. For 1 month out of the year, I'm often stuck coding custom reports so that the administration office can provide data on how many mexican pansexuals they worked with in the past 3 month, or if the tranny that got hired last month came from a womyns college.

Still waiting for that swamp to drain, Trumo

Terry?

>mfw female student gets award and recognition using method i developed
>mfw i get nothing

but the one of the left is an insufferable faggot like OP

>males are taller than females, as a rule

...then how do you explain THIS?

SEXISTS BTFO

>NSF
>NSF
A GEP gun is always the most silent takedown.

The main point is not actually having the same number of women, it is about arguing that the current inequality is some sort of injustice and certainly not the consequence of intrinsic differences between men and women.

mein gott, even my field is getting fucked by DIE (diversity, equality, and inclusion) now.

JUST

Only a FUCKING WOMAN would think physicists care more about what people think they look like than actual fucking physics

why do they ruin everything?!?!

You could try but unfortunately physics is hard. Most fascist clowns can't handle it.

Underrated

Look at the post closer

Big bang theory was just the previous stepping stone. It has it served its purpose, now its time to discard it and take it another step (((forward)))

Hey Op,
I am going to college currently and taking a ton of science courses. They have already said that "men claim to have discovered DNA but this woman (whom I have never heard of before) actually did it but it was covered up because of muh patriarchy." So pretty soon all scientists will be stereotyped as women and they will change history to make all scientists female. Just like jewgoogle is making all american scientists black in their search results. Their changing history before your eyes anons.
>thank cultural marxism

pic unrelated

Average height is different

Average IQ is the same

it's not just that it's a woman, it's that it's a brown Muslim woman. near the top of the oppression scale by intersectional logic.

I majored in physics. The smartest two physics majors we had were a white girl and a goth sort of guy, both pretty good looking and well-adjusted socially, but in general the nerd stereotype is true. But physics nerds are a manlier breed of nerd than your typical nerd I would definitely say.

Science and seduction are the irreconciliable opposites.
Real scientists are autistic (sensitive) manlets, not muscular bullies. Chad is acually unable to think rationally.

You have truth people and you have status people. Pick one.
The show is pretty accurate in fact.

Yup, just a matter of time before Gauss is shown to have actually been a black tranny

Prepare to meet Lise Meitner on your journey as well

>Average IQ is the same

It's not though. And women have 40% less synapses. They're not even human.

assuming you're not joking, average IQ don't get you far in the physics world

qz.com/441905/men-are-both-dumber-and-smarter-than-women/

And here's the archive archive.is/ClqCC

If I picked Leonard I would have been called a beta male, Wolowitz a jew and Koothrappali a poo.

Being OP I naturally chose the faggot

your mother is not human?

Thx nordbro

There are literally women physicists on the big bang theory. Wtf are you talking about?

>"We are going to show how people with physics degrees go on to work on cancer research, they work on things that can make a huge difference in the world."
They keep doing this; expecting some humanitarian to put in the extra hours to save the world. If you have a passion for a field, it's easier to focus in on just that, rather than doing your work while also thinking of the starving kids in africa.
Noblesse oblige can get rekt.

>women don't choose to go into physics
>thus we have to manipulate the jewish media into supporting the jews

Big Bang Theory is funny?
I guess some people laugh at anything.

>negative stereotypes
What negative sterotypes ?they only exist in feminazi prosecution fantasies

werent they all homosexual? serious question i dont tv.

>nerdy people are good at nerdy things
whoa

very clever ploy to get people to defend big bang theory... horrible

I've had some suggested video on youtube for like a week about the "Misogyny of the Big Bang Theory"
Coincidence? Or did they spend 3 million on youtube advertising for some half baked 30 minute youtube video.

>big bang theory
shit show
>we need to change what a physicist looks like
shit thread

sage

I'm sure after the taxpayers shell out 3 million to attract more negresses into physics we'll have cold fusion and room temperature superconductors.

>we're changing the stereotype, not because making fun of males that pursue one of the most selfless and mentally taxing careers is wrong and immoral, but because women that get into the field don't want to get bullied along with said males.
I hope these niggers choke on their own stupidity.

Men are just more likely to be autistic, which is an advantage with STEM.

To be quite honest senpai, they both look the same.

>$3 million grant from the National Science Foundation
Just more fed-printed tax money that goes straight into the pockets of a kike.

Ironically, Leftists promote equality but look down on manual labor.

Jews and their leftist slaves instinctively attack easy targets. They've gradually used up so much of their ammunition against whites that their own hypocrisy has become the more juicy and lucrative target.

A person could make a joke here about how they'll all go into String theory, where they can talk about imaginary things unrelated to physical reality, but then I realized that they aren't intelligent enough to do the math in String theory. shrug.

It's actually satire level retardation from the left

Reminder 1. Men dominate the upper spectrum of the forms of intelligence causal and correlating to professions. That's nature. There is no such thing as "under-representation" in today's America because "representation" is a communist term implying everything is magically equal and genders are magically have the same exact brains. They don't.

Don't like it?

Then you don't like evolution.

Reminder 2. Men and women raised on communist religion only seem to cry about "under-representation" in high-paying jobs but not in the thousands of other jobs that are grueling and require heavy work paired with intelligence. Why? Because they're fucking full of shit.

your comment is rape

I was turned down from Texas a&m. I was trying to get into their aerospace engineering program.
>TFW YOURE WHITE MALE IN 2017.

>used to throw bricks for a living
>one of the builders our crew worked for, after much convincing by his wife, took on a female apprentice
>first day working alongside her ask her to help me move some bags of concrete
>she looks at me and looks at the concrete
'that's 40kg which is illegal to lift by yourself, can you grab the other end'
>ignore her and start moving the bags
>complains to builder, told him one of the brickies is breaking the law
>he comes around the back and realizes what has happened
'look femanon, sometimes we can't practice occupational health and safety standards, the reality is we'd never make any money if we conformed to every single code'
>she tells him that's illegal and leaves the job site (lazy fucking bitch)
>he coaxes her back the next day, leave for another job site so dont see builder for months
>3 months later
>ask boss why we don't work for builder anymore
>tells me she came back the next day and walked around the job site and photographed every single oh&s safety breach (and I mean minor things like a piece of tie wire exposed, literally unavoidable
>he tried to appease her as he had an idea of where she was going with this
>buys shit like 20kg bags of 'crete so little miss special doesnt have to lift the same as everyone else
>she didn't turn up for work one day
>builder received court summons
>female judge
>sued him, successfully, for 'ear damage and ongoing psychological damage'
>he appealed
>turned into a 3 year court case
>he ended up losing, lost his business, lost his house and last I heard was doing maintenance in a caravan park

FUCKING CUNTS , ANY BUSINESS OWNERS OUT THERE, NEVER HIRE A FUCKING WOMAN

White lives matter.

>tfw when you discover a 30% more efficient way to propel stones through the air

>aerospace engineering program
I know someone who got a degree in that field just by walking around with a bag of skittles

>put negress "physicists" in a house
>set it up so that the only way they can steal HBO is by inventing cold fusion or room temperature semiconductors

I'm so sick of leftist bullshit.

hahah couldn't get into a decent school?

170 is weak.

>NSF

Bad news pal. I'm a federal agent. I'm with UNATCO. Start talking.

>t. brainlet who can't appreciate good science shows

Why doesn't she make her own show? $3M should be enough. Or will she blow it on bashing le evile whitey...?

lol dumb

Why must women always recreate The Treehouse Problem

It's the Muslim definition of a physicist, where you believe every star in the sky was conquered and raped at 6 years of age by Muhammad.

enjoy your laugh track telling women when to laugh so you don't look like your normal stupid self in front of your friends

>her research has centered on reforming the physics learning environment to raise the participation of underrepresented groups who pursue physics, especially women.
so she's done nothing actually physics related. typical cunt

>go to another country
>said country has a depiction of something that's not the same as where you come from
>WE MUST CHANGE IT TO WHERE I CAME FROM!

You know, you can just go back and try not to change culture. That's what a person with shame would do.

t. leafcuck who loves his bread, circuses, and BBC

Physics is a shit degree, 14 months since graduation now 5 shit interviews later. What a fucking meme I wish I had done medicine now.

That deserves a smuggie

Einstein invented tensors sweetie (。‿。)